[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Conker's Bad Fur Day?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Conker's Bad Fur Day.jpg (85KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
Conker's Bad Fur Day.jpg
85KB, 640x439px
Thoughts on Conker's Bad Fur Day?
>>
Saw some guy buy it in original box for 200$
>>
>>3815526
Early-game is mildly amusing, mid-game is fantastic, late-game feels kinda tired. Never tried the multiplayer.
>>
>>3815656
Classic N64 multiplayer was a unique and oddly fun experience with a friend.
The XBox remaster, was just shit.
>>
>>3815526
>>3815656
I still have to play the story mode till the end, but man, did I played this game multiplayer a LOT with my brother and friends a decade ago.
Shit was fun.
>>
>>3815656
How do you define early, mid, and late game in Conker? To me, it was always two distinct halves, day and night. Night is a lot more dark (figuratively, not just literally) than day in my opinion.
>>
>>3815659
the xbox remaster is better in every way except muh swears. Only really ruins the poo song. tee hee so funny.
>>
>>3815680
>the xbox remaster is better in every way
shit artstyle even though better graphics
lip sync doesn't even work as well as N64
some parts of the single player have been truncated
high HP enemies added here and there for no reason other than to slow you down
shit multiplayer

i've probably forgotten some other things too
>>
>>3815680
Not that anon but I always felt the Xbox version took away a lot of the charm in the visual style by making everything hyper detailed. There was something much more appealing about the bright colors and simplistic textures in the N64 version, and I feel Conker's facial expressions were much more clear and expressive on N64 than Xbox.
>>
>>3815685
oh yes and the xbox version has a LOT of shitty load screens while all loading is instantaneous on N64
>>
Humor and gameplay take a nosedive once you get to Spooky.
>>
I tried playing it a few years ago (picked it up at a thrift store for $2), without any expectations other than liking other Rare titles like BK, GE and DKC.

Technically speaking, it was extremely impressive for its time. But as an actual game, I got bored of it quick and couldn't even bear to finish the main story. Might come back to it. Multiplayer is great at least.
>>
>>3815526
I wish the developers didn't get censored so much by Nintendo. I remember them saying orignaly the hanging pitchfork paint cans were supposed to be dressed in Klan outfits but they had to change the joke and make it executioner outfits.
>>
>>3815880
>I tried playing it a few years ago (picked it up at a thrift store for $2)

Holy shit, are you aware of how good of a deal that was? Conker is one of the more expensive and sought-after N64 games.
>>
>>3815915
Not at the time. It wasn't even priced, so the cashier just asked what I'd pay for it and I said two bucks. A week or so later I was reading about it online and saw the prices it was going for.

Is CBFD really that rare, or is it just some EarthBound situation where there's a lot of demand/hype driving the price up for a fairly common game?
>>
>>3815809
Spooky is the best chapter though
>>
>>3815925
It apparently sold under 60k copies worldwide, Nintendo themselves declined to advertise it, and it came out during the GameCube's prerelease hype period.
>>
>>3815685
>Conker's jaw caving in during cutscenes as well as his hands regularly clipping through his jacket
>new gun ruins Matrix parody
>new cutscenes where it's obvious Seavor couldn't do the voices again
>sound mixing is awful, can barely hear bgm even outside of cutscenes
>>3815925
The latter
>>
>>3815925
>walk into Funcoland store
>N64 bin full of copies of Conker for $9
>Years later it's like $80+ for a used copy
I blame e-celebs.
>>
>>3815937
>not Sloprano
MY BUUUUUUUUTT
>>
>>3815937
>tedious bat fetch quest
>that garbage three key fetch quest where you have to slowly walk through the oversized mansion after going to each B pad and slowly killing the bats first because if you don't, they make you drop it and you can't attack or pick it back up
>Mr. Barrel
No.
>>
>>3815685
>shit artstyle
Good one
>>
>>3815685
don't forget more censorship than the nintendo version, ironically enough
>>
>>3815993
Look at both versions of this scene and tell me which one looks better.

N64 version (starts at about 7 minutes in):

https://youtu.be/9Q5y9_RQ4Fk?t=419

Xbox version (starts about 3:55 in):

https://youtu.be/XaxdUhUVHtQ?t=235

To me, it's no competition. The N64 version is way more expressive and better animated.
>>
For someone who has never played Conker, what kind of game is it exactly? I understand partly that it has a crass adult jokes tone snuck through the Trojan horse of a mascot platformer, but it looks like somewhat like a set piece action game or something. Is it really a collection of minigames?
>>
The Xbox Conker is one of the biggest examples of technical ability vs. artstyle, technically speaking it's a fucking marvel it can look like that on the original Xbox but the N64 version just has a consistent, good artstyle in-line with Rare's other stuff. Conker being updated to have bare hands, a tracksuit hoody and shorts is a good example. He went from an iconic Mickey Mouse aesthetic that plays into the game's irony to looking like Poochy, basically.
>>
>>3816164
>it looks like somewhat like a set piece action game
Pretty much.
>go to place
>meet wacky characters
>do a thing 3 times
>go to next place
As you get closer to the end, the writing becomes less original and starts relying more heavily on the movie parodies.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>3815993
>whole point was to be a raunchy version of classic cartoons
>make it look more realistic
>main character can't even emote as well but it's okay because he's fuzzy
>>
>>3816164
The first half of the game is a (mostly) conventional 3D platformer, albeit one with a very small move set. To supplant this, there are context-sensitive zones that let you use different moves and items when/where you need them. The second half is a setpiece-heavy action game with an insane amount of gameplay variety. Not all of the game's ideas work out, but its ambition is really commendable and the game is mostly great, outside of a few really shit sections.
>>
>>3815941
Interesting, I definitely remember seeing ads for it at the time, and I remember friends owning it. My parents were too strict to allow M rated games, so I didn't even think about asking for it as a kid.
>>
>>3815526
One of the most original games I've ever played, as a kid one of my mates somehow tricked their parents into buying it for them and we all used to go to his place and play the multiplayer especially the Tediz beach landing thing.

I also really like the gunplay in the game, I think in multi especially all the weapons are nicely balanced, and for example the magnum is very satisfying to shoot.

The 1 player is good fun, some of it can be a bit "set-piece"-y, but I personally really enjoy it. It's quite bizarre and there isnt really anything else like it.

It goes for silly money online though, I would only buy it on the conditions that A) I had enough money or B) I'd played it already and was looking forward to playing it again.

It sold 50k copies in the USA, I think it did quite well in Europe. Certainly in the UK I remember quite a buzz about it at the time.
>>
>>3816421
>all the weapons are nicely balanced
>katana kills in 1 hit that stuns and the 2nd that removes head, lets you run twice as fast, hides you on the radar, lets you negate fall damage
>Magnum has perma laser sight, 1 shot kill, anyone that survives will die from being launched off a high enough platform or taking too long to get up and getting shot again
>bazooka sends anyone not instantly killed flying, open to second shot because getting up takes longer than fire rate
>knives home toward heads instant kill
>grenades are super slow and don't go far
>flamethrower has ridiculous range, anyone on fire runs around uncontrollably while also burning to death
>uzi recoil
nigga
>>
File: 1439936724343.png (465KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
1439936724343.png
465KB, 680x544px
>>3815680
>Remasters are better than originals
>>
how does it emulate?
>>
>>3816726
Half the graphical effects don't work, but you might not notice if you haven't played the real thing.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.