[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on this /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What's your opinion on this /vr/?
>>
A bland, unfinished game which is only remembered at all today because "muh RPGs"
>>
Super ambitious characters written by someone who understands Enneagram.

Unfocused story but hey it's an rpg they have to fill some space. Still had some great set-pieces despite still using character sprites

Mech combat is pretty bad.

Cool concept overall and a lesson to everyone about how much the video game industry isn't conclusive to novel story telling
>>
>>3815441
If it wasn't for the fact that the story was the video game equivalent of evangelion, including not having enough budget to finish it, then no one would remember it
>>
I used to be able to play and finish games before I played Xenogears

>tons of slow moving text
>poorly told and baldy paced story
>spam latest deathblow combat with the AP hoarding mechanic being pretty useless
>high encounter rate with low enemy variety
>the terrible platforming, especially in the tower of babel

game made me hate life tbqh
the OST is nice though
>>
The Serial Experiments Lain of retro games. Only the intelligent people can hope to understand and appreciate it.
>>
>>3815464
Anyone who ever recommends me Xenogears automatically gets their opinion discarded forever.

It is seriously the worst.
>>
>>3815504
Don't be such an ass.
It's pretty interesting for what it could have been with full budget and as the beginning of a proper saga.
>>
>>3815441
I like it, but that's mostly becaue it's one of the few 5th gen jrpgs that features mecha.
It's very rough but I had fun with it.
>>
I liked it, but I do want someone to make a patch with a more accurate translation.
>>
>>3815441
Flawed but had a lot going for it.

Story seems stupid and overwrought sometimes in retrospect, but they were trying to do something a little different from typical Square RPG which is cool.

Fantastic music obviously.

I enjoyed the combat, until I didn't enjoy it anymore. It got really tedious after a while, as did the jumping and stuff.

Disc 2 was obviously a clusterfuck because they basically ran out of time to properly finish it.

I dunno. I would never call it a favorite but I remember it fondly because the stuff about it that I liked, I really liked a lot. The stuff about it that sucked, sucked really hard.
>>
snoozefest.
good music though
>>
>>3815441
Overrated garbage. Even if it had the funding and the time and it would still be a poorly plotted mess with shit combat and shit robots.
>>
When it came out in 1998, it was so far ahead of what gamers expected in a game. It was so much grander in scope than other RPGs at the time and had a presentation second to none.

20 years later and we see it's flawed in many ways, but still an amazing piece of art.
>>
>>3815441
I liked it when it came out but the slow text speed puts me off of replaying.
>>
>>3820813
I think you're going a bit too far but I also kind of agree. This game is now almost 20 years old. It seemed pretty fucking cool when it came out. As a 13 year old kid in ninth grade, I loved it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.