[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happy 31st anniversary!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: link___8_bits_by_link_leob.png (7KB, 900x945px) Image search: [Google]
link___8_bits_by_link_leob.png
7KB, 900x945px
Happy 31st anniversary!
>>
thanks
>>
File: first_quest_end_comp.png (3KB, 513x240px) Image search: [Google]
first_quest_end_comp.png
3KB, 513x240px
NA release was summer 87, but this is still worth sounding the bell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZkQ8XoaNBw&list=RDbZkQ8XoaNBw

Gonna have to replay it again.
>>
>>3813510
The opening 14 notes of that ditty are so memorable, yet I don't think they got used again until Twilight Princess.
>>
File: ppfkm[1].png (4KB, 192x208px) Image search: [Google]
ppfkm[1].png
4KB, 192x208px
>>3813482
What makes this game good? Do you think zelda 3 improved the game or simply changed the direction ?
>>
Happy anniversary!
>>
>>3813482
i love unlicensed christian video games!
>>
Happy anniversary!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6myU8hkztOo

>>3813593
How should it have changed the direction if I may ask? On the surface it's the same game.

Of course it's an improvement, Zelda 1 has of course momre limitations due to the power of the console, alot of sprites and placements are reused and the UI isn't prefect (again, other times). Alttp implemented a variation in object placement and shapes, more items, more of a story (your choosing if that is good or bad), two world maps, chain-quests (e.g. bringing the chest to the thief), mirror-shenanigans, fairy-bottling and more individual dungeons with bosses to explore.

Maybe something you can frown upon is that you don't have the freedom of exploring the map like you did in the first one, but for the most parts you won't get far anyway without certain items (eg the ladder in dungeon 4... I think... for one dungeon you need the whistle, and the other one with the raft). Still it has something refreshing to at least have the possibillity to go into one, whereas in alttp for the most part you just can't progress to areas of the map without items. Personally I'm ok with this concept, as it narrows down the chances of losing the area of interest with widens with every completion of a dungeon, but I can see that this bugs alot of people.

Also, the music tracks in the game have a wider variation to them, in Zelda 1 you have 5 songs (Title, Overworld, Dungeon, Ganon, Credits). In Zelda 3 you got more than 25, so it doesn't get tedious after hours of play (if the music should ever bother you that is).

So, in conclusion I find it did improve upon the formula of the first one, but doesn't make it any less of a good game
>>
File: EOE45.png (74KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
EOE45.png
74KB, 320x180px
>The Legend of Zelda is older than majority of 4chan userbase
>>
>>3813593

Did a little of both. Link's Awakening always felt like a tighter and more direct sequel.
>>
File: 1487695381173.jpg (78KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1487695381173.jpg
78KB, 625x468px
>>3813482
>what it looked like
>what I saw
>>
>>3813791

My main beef is the lack of story. We all know they're tacked on around the mechanic but it really shows with LttP. It's completely nonsensical they didn't even try.

I also think they went overboard with the huge map tiles. Walking takes fucking ages in LttP.
>>
>>3813521

I don't think Zelda's music has ever been topped except for like Megaman. I like the nes versions' rendition better though.
>>
>>3813827
One of the few things I like about Nintendo is that they think games are about gameplay and story is just there to flesh out the world.
>>
>>3813870

Agreed especially for such small games but it needs to at least make sense to count. LttP's doesn't even do that.
>>
File: 325123452345.jpg (31KB, 438x584px) Image search: [Google]
325123452345.jpg
31KB, 438x584px
happy halloween zelda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCExYO-NNMA
>>
>>3813593
It toned down the difficulty, and made exploration less obtuse (you can see cracks to bomb, for example) Which I think overall made for the perfect Zelda experience.
>>
>>3813837
Of course, the NES version is all about the harmonizing of the two square wave channels at the beginning of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXGDuKrCfA
>>
>>3814492
Hearing this for the first time as a child was pure motherfucking magic
>>
>>3814904
It still is. Just something about how you press the power button and are instantly greeted with the title screen and the song tells you that you're in for something special and amazing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.