[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone miss Nintendo Power? I loved this magazine growing up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (156KB, 931x1200px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
156KB, 931x1200px
Does anyone miss Nintendo Power? I loved this magazine growing up.
>>
>>3813440
pre-internet media was a beautiful time to be alive.
>>
https://www.retromags.com/files/category/97-nintendo-power/

Here ya go anon, enjoy.
>>
>>3813440
>https://www.retromags.com/files/category/97-nintendo-power/
I kind of miss it. I was only a big reader during the N64 - Gamecube years.

Looking back, I enjoyed the few issues of Gamefan I owned more than the dozens of NPs.
>>
>>3813440
Club Nintendo was better. now go eat my ass out before i do it myself
>>
>>3813704
This. I was on the Fun Club Times mailing list so I got an opportunity to subscribe cheap so I did then when it came time to renew they offered me a free copy of Dragon Warrior so I did. But then by the end of that subscription I was more into Sega and the Sega Visions subscription was free so I dropped Nintendo Power and just started buying occasional EGMs to supplement my info on non-Sega platforms until Visions went defunct and I just subbed EGM until I started working at Babbage's and bringing home every magazine at the end of the month after we tore the covers off to prove they were "destroyed".

I threw away a huge box of coverless late 90s poop-mags when I went from boox boxes to bookcases in 2000. I should have just went and insulated some walls somewhere with them.
>>
>>3813737
Wait, what does that have to do with Club Nintendo.
>>
>>3813743
Fun Club Times was Club Nintendo's original newsletter. I have copy or two tucked inside of some really old Nintendo Power around here somewhere.
>>
>Fun Club News
ftfm
>>
>>3813440

I liked it during nes/snes era, but by the 64 era it was clear they were just trying to sell turds.
>>
>>3813525
Semi-related, there's an absolutely huge archive of old computer/video game magazines on archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/computermagazines
>>
>>3813440
It was pretty good. I still have an entire box of them that weighs a ton that I can't bring myself to throw away even though they just have sat in my closet for years. I think I subbed sometime around volume 47 and lasted up until mid-N64 era then quit. Restarted again after Gamecube had been out awhile but I never had one but I still liked just reading the magazine.
>>
>>3813881
Would there be any interest in an archive where previews/reviews/features/etc. were split up by game & console?

Have considered going through as many magazines as I can and creating some kind of resource where it would be easy to see how each publication covered things like the launch of the Saturn/PlayStation/Nintendo 64, and games like Super Mario 64, Street Fighter II, NBA Jam, etc.
>>
File: 1287168242t-risky-business_l.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1287168242t-risky-business_l.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>3813525
>we could not locate the item you are trying to view

ayy
>>
>>3813440
TIL NP's final issue lands on the mayan end calendar date
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.