[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pc nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: fullthrottle1.gif (42KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
fullthrottle1.gif
42KB, 640x400px
Trying to remember all the cool games I used to play on the pc as a kid in the 90's. What do you remember playing? I can only remember a few..Full throttle, Oddworld, Day of the Tentacle, the oregon trail, doom, and quake.
>>
Fate of Atlantis, Monkey Island 2, Speed Racer, Strike Commander, Descent.
>>
>>3812268
Toonstruck, screamer, lego island, descent, 3-D body adventure
>>
ROTT and DOTT
>>
>>3812268
Heroes of Might and Magic
>>
>>3812268
F-19 Stealth Fighter
>>
File: 450434.jpg (8KB, 158x400px) Image search: [Google]
450434.jpg
8KB, 158x400px
>>3812268
Armored Fist, Total Annihilation, any of the lego games especially railroads and racing, various flight sims F-22 lighting and MIG.

I used to love seeing pic related when I was installing a new game.
>>
>>3812268
Mech Warrior 2
Phantasmagoria
Diablo 1
Neverhood
Doom/Doom 2/TNT
Quake (never got too into it)
We got a stack of the EGM demo discs from a garage sale for like a buck, so I played quite a few demos, like for G-Police, and Terranigma
Leisure Suit Larry 1-6 (although I think I skipped 2)
Kings Quest (all of them, actually. Every weekend a friend and I would play through one because his mom had the guide for all of them up to 7)

Jesus, where does the time go? That was 20 years ago
>>
StarSiege 2.
Damn the fluff in that game was cool. Godamn out of control AI's who aren't like Skynet or something, they are insane) attacking Earth and doing crazy shit like strapping abducted children to the chassis of their combat mechs to increase Human pilot's reaction time... Neat.
>>
File: Outlive.jpg (360KB, 1008x768px) Image search: [Google]
Outlive.jpg
360KB, 1008x768px
Just reinstalled one of my favorite games after years without playing, feels good.
>>
>>3814043
que bosta meu velho!
>>
>>3812268
I'm not puttin' my lips on that...
>>
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces - The FMV blew me away as a kid, played the campaign a bunch and when I got internet, played multiplayer all the live-long day. I still cringe at how much my parents must have paid for dial-up at the time.
>>
>>3814401
>Jedi Knight: Dark Forces
This

The campaign was awesome. Those huge scenarios man.
>>
>>3814067
Sem bosta por aqui.
>>
>>3814401
>>3814570
is the original dark forces good too or does it not hold up as well? should I just skip it for now and jump straight into jedi knight first?
>>
>>3812268
A couple of obscure ones I remember were pod and eraser.

Pod was a futuristic racer. Don't remember if it was very good or not.

Eraser was sort of like a light gun game, except played with a mouse. Like a belt scrolling fps or something, you could move the camera around by moving your cursor towards the edge of the screen, kind of like Deer Avenger 2 (what was that genre even called?). It was based on the Swarzenneger movie.
>>
this
>>
Motocross Madness
>>
Spectre
>>
File: Carmageddon_box.jpg (14KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Carmageddon_box.jpg
14KB, 256x255px
I remember turning off blood if my parents were around.
>>
>>3814876
comfy
>>
>>3814401
>Jedi Knight: Dark Forces
holy crap...wait i looked this up but i remember playing something like thsi but it was a first person shooter? does anyone remember the name of that game>?
>>
>>3812268

Utopia
Commander Keen
The settlers
Worms
All the Sim games (eg Sim Farm)
Civilization
Giana Sisters
Carmageddon
Warcraft III Funmaps
Leisure Suit Larry
Heroes of Might and Magic
Jazz Jackrabbit
Cstle of the Winds
Enemies of a Nation
Xcom
Fallout
Dungeon Keeper
Jagged Alliance
Sokoban
Jewels

That's all I could of itm
>>
>>3812268
so much shizzle

prince of persia 1&2, doom 1&2&final, blood, shadow warrior, duke, curse of monkey islands, full throttle, gta 1&2, leisure suit larry 7, blade runner, blues brothers 2000, c&c + red alert +tiberian sun, quake 1&2, half life, carmageddon 1&2, worms 2, kings quest (the one that said heir today, gone tomorrow or summat on the cover), take no prisoners, the list goes ahn and ahn
>>
I used to play a lot of Dungeon Keeper, Diablo, Carmageddon, Shadow Warrior, C&C Red Alert, Tomb Raider, Outlaws, Fallout, Starcraft and Resident Evil.

Video games used to be so good, made by gamers for gamers with constant innovation and no bullshit.
>>
Quest for Glory series. Also another one by Sierra about Space that had similar humor
>>
>>3820009
it's literally just called Space Quest

arguably one of the fairer Sierra series along with Leisure Suit Larry
>>
File: 1485150578743.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1485150578743.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
I have all of these Windows 95/98 games I want to play but I have no fucking clue on how to start playing them. DOSbox seems to be no help with actual CDs as it only allows one drive at a time unless I'm missing something.

Any tips?

Some of the games:
Toonstruck
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Beavis and Butthead in Virtual Stupidity
Shadow Warrior
Stonekeep
>>
>>3820223
Get yourself a real old computer. It's a lot of trouble, but it's the only way to have the real experience.
>>
>>3812268
Played a bunch but Water World, Moto Racer 2 and Age of Empires stand out in particular. Spent a lot of time on Diablo and Baldur's Gate as well.
>>
>>3816852

Mysteries of the Sith?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.