[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sega/Mega CD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Sega-CD-Model2-Set[1].jpg (3MB, 4240x2440px) Image search: [Google]
Sega-CD-Model2-Set[1].jpg
3MB, 4240x2440px
I know this thread's probably been done a hundred times, but fuck it. Is there anything good on this thing besides Sonic CD? I don't really wanna get one and give my Genesis a tumor, but I'm not opposed to emulating some of the good games, if there are any.
>>
Final Fight CD
Snatcher
Lunar 1 & 2
Eternal Champions CD
Shining Force CD
Rise of the Dragon
Popful Mail
>>
>>3812052
Genesis 2 with the CD model 2 and a 32X on top looks like pure sex. Then again I'm a sucker for add ons.
>>
Terminator
Lords of Thunder and some other SHMUPs
Popful Mail
Snatcher and Rise of the Dragon
Dark Wizard
Definitive version of Ecco
>>
File: Untitled_0.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_0.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
HEY

YOU STILL DON'T OWN A SEGA CD?
>>
>>3812135
I don't think so, personally. Then again, I gotta thing about space and how many wires it needs, so that may be skewing my view a bit.

>>3812057
>>3812140
Will check out, thanks.

>>3812142
Something something shitload of fuck.
>>
>>3812135
I might agree if you had just said one or the other, but having both on at once makes the thing look like an abomination.
>>
>>3812150
I want to get that all in 1 power cord but I always forget about it whenever they do their production runs. The something trio I think it's called.
>>3812153
Yeah, but it's my sexy abomination.
>>
>>3812153
>>3812165
What would've been really cool is that if they released a Genesis that had both the 32X and CD built in. Sorta like a Saturn, but that cartridge slot could actually play games.
>>
>>3812153
The model 1 Mega CD looks pretty aesthetic.
>>
Its also the easiest to collect for as there is no copyright protection on it.

burn to your hearts content.
>>
>>3812052
Keio Flying Squadron.

Everything else is either a multiplatform port, a Genesis port with CD audio and/or boring extra level(s) and FMVs, a shitty FMV game, or a game that relies on the scaling gimmick and ends up running at 10fps as a result. Or Sonic CD.

>>3812367
CD is crazy difficult to program for due to the hop-step system the two consoles had to use to communicate with each other. Essentially you could not get max performance out of either system because you always had to spend a lot of CPU time just keeping the two in sync and exchanging data.

Add in the 32x and now you have two SH2s that cannot run parallel, that can only send data to the genesis 68k, and the genesis 68k has to hop-step to read that AND do the same for the Sega CD.

There's a reason why there were only FMV titles for the CD32x. That's fairly straightforward cause you only stream data at regular intervals. Someone wrote a driver for it, then they could just encode the video to push out 4-5 titles with the same tech.
>>
Why the fuck is the 32X so expensive?
>>
>>3812450
because you're an ebaby
>>
>>3812052
Silpheed.

I remember it was the other must-have game, back then, with Sonic CD.
>>
>>3812052

Besides the ones people already listed: The Misadventures of Flink, and Panic!
>>
>>3812052
Yes

>>3812165
I wired together a female barrel plug and a few male plugs. Saved me over $50 and over 20 years.
>>
What are some games that were best on the Sega/Mega CD? Not exclusives but games where the Sega CD version is the best version.
>>
What do I do in the first building in Snatcher? I found the dead guy and took everything I could and got the backup data from the busted robot.

There are only 5 rooms and I've advanced to the dead end and back like 10 times trying everything.
>>
>>3812370
No denying that.
Too bad having a moving disc tray makes it more of a liability now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.