[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Supermariokart_box.jpg (50KB, 256x181px) Image search: [Google]
Supermariokart_box.jpg
50KB, 256x181px
Is it a bad game?
>>
>>3812049
I feel like Mario Kart is one of those franchises that kept getting better
They improved the drifting and handling of the cars

SMK probably isn't really a bad game, but it's rough for someone who's used to modern racing games to play it
>>
>>3812049
No. It's an enjoyable game that utilized the technology available at the time decently.
>>
>>3812049
It's fine, there is just little reason to play it over the sequels.
>>
>>3812049

Is it still worth playing?
>>
I like the battle mode.

In high school a couple buddies would come over to my house and we'd battle it up. Had some epic battles.

Man, I swear one time we had the fastest battle ever. A dude got three red shells in a row, it was like...start, boom, boom, boom, over.

Good times.
>>
>>3812054
agreed but i feel like they should cut back on the items or balanced them out more in the later games

they're fine in battle mode but in race alot of the ones that you get in or around dead last basically could've just gotten the same results if you just turned your cart around and kamikazed the first car you saw going in the opposite direction
>>
It's not a bad game. But I never liked that it wasn't full screen on single player.
Still loads of fun, timeless controls and all that, can't go wrong with this one, it's a SNES classic for a reason.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-20+at+01.53.04).jpg (25KB, 321x434px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-20+at+01.53.04).jpg
25KB, 321x434px
>13-14 years old in 2003
>friends are all balls deep into Xbox
>they firmly believed Halo was the greatest game of all time and that older games couldn't compete
>I had spent the last couple years choosing to buy used 4th gen stuff instead
>one friend is particularly obnoxious and seemed to have some kind of moral objection to 2D games
>says they're all piss easy because developers didn't know how to make games back then
>somehow convince them one day to try some SNES stuff
>usual bitching and complaining about how the games aren't 3D
>decide to pop in mario kart just so he'll shut up about lack of 3D
>we do one race and he gets absolutely wrecked
>he immediately says "the graphics are so bad I can't tell what I'm doing, this is awful"
>other friends agree with him
>>
>>3812184
There's a reason /vr/ has the 1999 rule and it shan't be changed.
>>
>>3812184
it is hard af to see what you're doing..
game has a thicc learning curve
>having to break all the fuckin time
the horrors
>>
>>3812195
It's really not bad. The smooth framerate makes it much more tolerable. I'd say mario kart is much easier to play than something like stunt race FX.
>>
if you aren't permanently hovering over the R button you don't know how to play this game.

It helps wo wobble with your upper body like an idiot to take the curves.
>>
>this is the level of retarded revisionism we have to deal with now
>>
MK64>SMK>>>the one on DS

The rest are generic or shit in comparison.
>>
>>3812049
The computers literally cheat.
>>
>>3812190
By that logic, the GBA is just fine.
>>
>>3812707
So do the computers in most every other game, the difference is here you're noticing
>>
>>3812049

still my favorite in the entire series.
>>
>>3812734
Same here. It has a GOAT soundtrack. Soyo Oka's music always makes me feel like it's the early 90s again, and Super Mario Kart doesn't have that pesky blue shell that I feel ruined the later entries.
>>
>>3812049
One of my favorite games of all time. There's just something about the atmosphere.
>>
>>3812716
By what logic? GBA was released in 2001.
>>
>>3812203
Personally I love it but you can't just throw any retard on it like with 64
>>
8 > 64 > DD > Wii > Super

The mode 7 implementation might be neat, but having a 100% flat terrain makes it a pain to play compared to literally any kart racer after it. Racers were born for 3D, with very few exceptions.
>>
File: 16814879.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
16814879.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
>>3813154
>no 7
>>
>>3812049

It's was good, especially for the multiplayer
>>
>>3812049
it was literally the funnest game you could possibly play at 6 years old

my friend had it... goddamn, good times
>>
I 100% grew up on this, I still throw it in on occasion. It was a matter of timing, I grew up with it. Give it to a kid now and they would hate it.

Very unforgiving, required memorization, precision, and a damned good bit of luck.
>>
>>3812049
whats with all the mario kart threads lately?
>>
>>3812707
yer its the worse getting stuck behind 5th place and no matter what you do donkey kong comes flying up your ass (GGGGGAAAAAYYYY)
>>
>>3812767
fuck the blue shell and the thunder bolt
there is a level in hell for people that use the thunderbolt
>>
>>3815070
I'd watch your screen and then thunderbolt you on a jump.
>>
>>3812129
I once blew all 3 balloons off my buddy by getting a star, activating it then getting a feather and jumping on to him
You can also dodge red shells by hopping at just the right moment, and firing a green shell mid slide makes them go twice as fast
>>
File: SMK4.png (6KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SMK4.png
6KB, 640x480px
This. There is ALWAYS a banana or fireball right in this area, and between them and fucking Bowser shoving you around, this was a royal pain
>>
I legitimately think that SMK is insanely good while MK64 is borderline unplayable.
Out of all the ones I've played, DD > SMK > SC > 64
>>
It's a great game, especially for its time. If it came out now as a flash game I wouldn't really fancy its chances of distinguishing itself. But there's a lot of depth there.
>>
File: vrinanutshell.jpg (109KB, 450x753px) Image search: [Google]
vrinanutshell.jpg
109KB, 450x753px
>>3812049

No. It's just sour grapes mentality. Like with any other (good), popular game that got expensive.
Poor manchildren and hipsters can't have it, so they hate on it.
>>
>>3812184
Whatever grandpa i'd probably fuck you in halo, and wreck your shit is mario kart.
>>
>>3812049
This is the best one
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.