[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Megaman got huge sprites on the SNES while Megaman X had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: b041fbab-s_thumb[1].jpg (56KB, 644x484px) Image search: [Google]
b041fbab-s_thumb[1].jpg
56KB, 644x484px
>Megaman got huge sprites on the SNES while Megaman X had small ones
>Megaman got small sprites on the PS1 while Megaman X had huge ones

What did they mean by this?
>>
they aren't huge on the PS1, they're bigger but not huge
>>
It's supposed to reference proportions. Megaman is 1,32m tall (kid proportions), while X is 1,60m.
>>
>>3809537
Bigger sprites on more powerful systems is a general trend because of relaxed memory constraints and better hardware. Unfortunately this effectively made the playspace smaller, and thus game mechanics of the 16-bit era are watered down. That's one reason why you hear the phrase Nintendo-Hard and not Super-Nintendo-Hard, although it's more subtle than the games being made easier.
>>
I don't think there's much of a difference between their sprites in MM8 and MMX4 relative to the rest of the screen.
MM7 sprites were way too fucking big though. Probably because they were making MMTPB and MMTPF too and just modified the sprites from that.
>>
>>3809824

Arcade was harder than NES and they all had huge sprites.
>>
>>3809537
I'd give you an honest answer however you used a shitty /tv/ meme.

>>>/tv/

Stay there instead of forcing your crap onto my board.

>>3809719
>>3809790
>>3809824
>>3809992
>>3810187
Shame on you for enabling this attitude.
>>
>>3810697
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: received_1143801402324490.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
received_1143801402324490.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>3810697
you sound like a big fucking fag
>>
File: xZero.jpg (97KB, 585x600px) Image search: [Google]
xZero.jpg
97KB, 585x600px
Playing MM7 directly after playing MM1~6 is really awkward. Jumping feels weird and sliding feels slow.
MM8's controls are a little more tight, but for some reason it still feels weird, maybe it's just me.

Playing MMX4~6 directly after playing MMX1~3, the controls and physics are still nice and perfect.

Just for shits and giggles I'm going to bring Mega Man Xtreme and Xtreme 2 into this.
They're good games, especially 2, and in 2 once there's a few enemies on screen and slowdown happens, button presses only register half the time. There's some instances where you won't be able to attack at all, or be able to turn around the other way while in mid-air. It can be a little frustrating.
In Xtreme 1 the wall jumping is clunky as fuck at first, takes some getting used to.
I suppose this shit can be forgiven since it's GBC, and bringing MMX's physics and fast-paced action and platforming to that would be hard.
>>
>>3811572
Eh forgot the purpose of this post, I'm really sick, can't think.

What I was going to say after that, is that it's obvious MMX series got much more love during that time than classic Mega Man.
X4,5 and 6 are far better games than MM8, especially in the music department.
MMX got all the love.
Classic MM didn't even continue it's good ol' awesome GB series onto the GBC or GBA, which is a damn shame considering how fucking great MM5 GB was.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.