[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Click Clock Wood discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Click Clock Wood.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Click Clock Wood.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
Banjo Kazooie was mostly pretty crappy compared to Banjo Tooie (which I had played earlier), but Click Clock Wood was the best level in any game of all time.

Is there any level that comes close in any other game in existence?
>>
>>3808794
Is this trolling? Banjo-Tooie - while still good - is undeniably worse than B-K. And Click Clock Wood is the worst level in BK because, well, it's like a Tooie world, being overly huge and relying way too much on backtracking.
>>
File: illegal opinions - lTdSRDx.jpg (91KB, 885x665px) Image search: [Google]
illegal opinions - lTdSRDx.jpg
91KB, 885x665px
>>3808796
>he doesn't like exploring huge worlds that intersect in mysterious ways, and unlocking weird shortcuts between stages.
All adventure have backtracking. Otherwise they're just linear paths to a simple end.

Banjo Tooie is the greatest. How is it "undeniably worse"?
>>
>>3808796
>Click Clock Wood is the worst level in BK because, well, it's like a Tooie world, being overly huge and relying way too much on backtracking.
This is literally my bread and butter. What other "bad" games or "bad" levels have you seen that follow this trend? I will be very happy if you tell me! :)
>>
>>3808515
>>
File: FRne0aw[1].jpg (172KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
FRne0aw[1].jpg
172KB, 1366x768px
>>3808794
>>3808807
>>3808815
As someone who enjoys overlarge complicated levels, what are your thoughts on Grunty Industries?

Now the hate it gets is 100% justified. And yet, if you really sit down and look at it, GI is the most complex, intricate, and best-designed Banjo-Kazooie level. Every little detail add to it, and the level if fully fleshed out.

It's dull, difficult, claustrophobic, confusing and time-consuming. But I LIKE that, and I'm not the only one. The entire level is like one giant puzzle.
>>
>>3808914
>As someone who enjoys overlarge complicated levels, what are your thoughts on Grunty Industries?
BASED.
100% agreed, though I think Cloud Cuckoo Land and Hot Cold Land were more memorable.

I loved the Coal train.
>>
>>3808796
I actually agree with this. Most of the old moves become obsolete and most of the new moves are either variations of each other (aiming, egg types, etc.) or underutilized. The game is also littered with minigames with most of them again being variations of each other. There's no balance between amount of shit you do in the game and the quality of the shit you do in the game, it feels more of a chore trying to 100% it compared to the first banjo game.
>>
>>3808927
>it feels more of a chore trying to 100%
100% is always a chore. All your expected to do, is get enough to beat the final boss. Complaining about 100-percenting, is like complaining that the bonus features of a DVD weren't as good as other DVD's, therefore the movie was objectively worse.
>>
>>3808927
>Most of the old moves become obsolete
Like what?

>and most of the new moves are either variations of each other (aiming, egg types, etc.) or underutilized
Aiming and egg types were awesome. How does an ability being under-used make it bad, instead of just less good. Would the game be better if it removed those abilities?

The most underused are the Banjo exclusive abilities, but even those are pretty cool.
>>
>>3808794
Oh fuck off. Click Cuck Wood gives Rusty Bucket Bay a run for its money as worst level in the game. Repeating the same level four times with minor changes is lazy level design.
>>
>>3808970
frowny face
r
o
w
n
y

f
a
c
e

:(
>>
>>3808970
What was wrong with Rusty Bucket?
>>
>>3808970
Fuck off RBB was great
>>
>>3808794
>Banjo Kazooie was mostly pretty crappy compared to Banjo Tooie
Retard.
>>
>>3808794
Click clock wood is actually my favourite level with mad monster mansion being second. I don't like banjo tooie that much either. Too much back tracking. Even with shortcuts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.