[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is faxanadu considered a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170218-190901.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170218-190901.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Is faxanadu considered a bad game?
>>
>>3808523

no, it's widely accepted as one of the best action/rpg's on the NES
>>
>>3808526
This.
/thread
>>
>>3808523
Wow. That is a fantastic looking sprite.

The NES really does have some great, and horrible, sprite work.
>>
>>3808789
You can do a lot with three-to-six colors. The only true limit was the Devs' imagination.... and talent.
>>
File: golds_not_enough.jpg (140KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
golds_not_enough.jpg
140KB, 750x600px
Bought the game because I saw it in Nintendo Power. Played it, beat it, never played it again.
It can be tedious, you do need to plan your expeditions, those fucking keys and all. Virtually impossible to refill your magic in the field, making it nearly useless. Play control is extremely limited, making it the primary source of difficulty: can't crouch or aim to hit stuff on the ground, etc.
Legacy of the Wizard was the better ported game.
>>
>>3808526
Also affordable. I'm surprised it isn't one of those games that costs $100+ nowadays.
>>
>>3809007
There was no reason to make this image into a demotivator. The joke worked better as a simple screenshot.
>>
>>3808789
this its bad to like the nes meme needs to stop
>>
>>3809062
It was probably from an era when everything was made into one.
>>
>>3809007
>Legacy of the Wizard was the better ported game.
Neither games were ports. Faxanadu was a port in name only. Dragon Slayer IV on Famicom was developed in tandem with the MSX2 version (there's a reason why it was subtitled Dragon Slayer Family).
>>
>>3809074
This is 4chan. EVERY opinion is a meme. Every single one.
>>
>>3809169
Drasle Family was about a family.

Romancia had the subtitle Dragon Slayer Junior. No idea what the reason behind that was.
>>
Faxanadu was always one of my personal favorites. it has its issues and limitations, but it has plenty of strengths too, especially the art, music, and atmosphere.
>>
File: xanadu.jpg (31KB, 292x400px) Image search: [Google]
xanadu.jpg
31KB, 292x400px
Did you mix up Faxanadu with that 80s rollerskating movie or something?
>>
File: 39743011.jpg (91KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
39743011.jpg
91KB, 750x574px
>>3809246
ebin meme m8 (^:
>>
>>3809317
>demotivators
did I time-warp back to 2008?
>>
>>3809321
This is a retro board, after all.
>>
>>3809328
yea, good point.
>>
>>3809032
Dont Ruin it!
>>
>>3809250
>Drasle Family was about a family.
But it was also a game made for the FAMILY Computer, hence the double meaning.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.