[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would a church deal cocaine instead of a regular charity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: DahliaBalkanChurch.jpg (9KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
DahliaBalkanChurch.jpg
9KB, 250x188px
Why would a church deal cocaine instead of a regular charity? Even if you believe in a crazy sun god surely it can't take THAT much money to perform the ritual that would give birth to it, plus you drug dealing can't be good for the whole spirit quest type power the town has
>>
I have obtained the Good+ ending for Silent Hill and I still don't understand what really went down. I figured that the main character's daughter who he adopted was really a vessel for what is basically Satan but I don't know what the connection between the business man and the priestess was. I'd appreciate a run down on all the other details too since I'm not sure if I got those either.
>>
>>3808192
>between the business man and the priestess was
I'm assuming the businessman allocated and shifted resources and money to the cult, which the priestess is the head of
>>
>>3808192
Sorry if I spell the names incorrectly
Dahlia Gilespie (Priestess) was the head of the local church and tries to birth her God into this world by offering her psychically-gifted daughter as a sacrifice/surrogate for it to be born. Something goes wrong and Alessa (her daughter) is horribly burned and barely survives the ordeal. Dahlia comes to Dr Kaufman (the business man) with her dying daughter, and in exchange for a cut of this drug that Dahlia creates or something he houses Alessa's barely-alive body in a secret basement area of his hospital for years, suffering from her wounds while Dahlia tries to come up with another way to use her summon her God. During this time, Alessa manages to find a way to split herself into two people- Alessa (in the hospital basement) and Cheryl (Harry's daughter). Eventually Cheryl begins to reunite with Alessa to become one again and Harry gets caught up in the whole affair. At this point Alessa's negatives feelings and psychic output and distorting the very reality of Silent Hill, reflecting the nightmares she has experienced. Harry comes across Dahlia whilst searching for Cheryl and she manipulates him into surpressing and capturing Alessa's power. The ending of the game depends on your interactions with the other NPCs but generally leads to either God being born or partially born and destroyed by Harry or Alessa and Cheryl reuniting and giving Harry a brand new baby to start over with [Silent Hill 3 spoilers]Heather Mason

I'm skipping a lot and might have got a couple things a bit off but that's the gist
>>
>>3808228
Not OP but if Alessa split herself into two people, how does Cheryl end up as Harry's daughter? Did Alessa magically insert herself into Harry's wife? I've never played Silent Hill.
>>
>>3808238
She was adopted by them, that's the best answer you're gonna get I'm afraid.
>>
>>3808040
it wasn't coke it was some unknown drug that allowed them to psychically communicate
>>
>>3808241
Did Alessa brainwash Harry and his wife to adopt a specific baby or are we supposed to believe it was purely coincidental?
>>
>>3808247
There's nothing special about Harry or his wife, it could have been anyone. Alessa didn't plan for Harry to get involved, she just wanted Cheryl to come fuse with her
>>
>>3808238
https://youtu.be/QNY6hviXRh4?t=20
20 seconds into this intro you can see Harry and his wife finding Cheryl as a baby in a graveyard.
>>
>>3808254
This is why you should never deal with kids unless you and your wife birthed it
>>
>>3808238
Theres an opening animation showing Harry and his wife finding cheryl as a baby. IIRC they reused the same scene for the good+ ending, just replaced his wife with Cybi
>>
>>3808274
Was Claudia in the right at the end of SH3 or not?
>>
>>3808228

I wish the dub was a lot better so that that could be better gleamed by playing the game itself without having to untangle its nearly engrish translation, but I appreciate the run down.
>>
>>3808228
>Dahlia comes to Dr Kaufman (the business man) with her dying daughter, and in exchange for a cut of this drug that Dahlia creates or something he houses Alessa's barely-alive body in a secret basement area of his hospital for years

ahh, so that's the connection between Dahlia and Kauffman
also Dahlia was the one who cast a spell to summon Cheryl
>>
>>3808296
It's all there, it's just up to the player to put all the pieces together. A lot of stuff can be missed on your first playthrough if you don't examine everything you can across, and even then things can be missed. It was built with replayability in mind though with unlockable items, weapons and different endings so it's worth revisiting sometime.
>>
>>3808318

I've played it twice and I believe I've obtained what the game calls by its own admission the 100% ending. I've enjoyed it but I'm not interested enough to go do it again.
>>
>>3808314
It's all dodgy dealings in your friendly Silent Hill. Dahlia supplying Kauffman with the drugs is also what leads to Lisa Garland getting hooked on them and forced to look after Alessa to get her fix.

Do you remember where it says Dahlia summoned Cheryl? I don't have any reason to doubt you, I just always thought Cheryl was returning to Silent Hill to 'free' Alessa
>>
>>3808329
I believe it was the flashback in the basement in nowhere

"We'll use a spell"
>>
>>3808334
fukkin sick m8 the more you know, thanks for sharing
>>
I really liked the story of silent hill and thought it was pretty well-done, but, since it's a konami series, team silent probably got forced to do another because konami recognizes a cow to milk when they see it, and it all ends up with some retarded "oh, no, now it's everyone who gets their own special monsters"

fucking silent hill 2
>>
File: God.png (624KB, 597x885px) Image search: [Google]
God.png
624KB, 597x885px
>>3808290
Heather chose to abort and it was her kid, so no, Claudia was in the wrong, hence why what she turned into was clearly skipping leg day
>>
>>3808395
Silent Hill 2 is technically not allowed on the board, but I think if they were going to do a sequel, SH2 was the way to do it, the town was for all intents and purposes completely different, it probably would've been better for every silent hill game to be like final fantasy where they're all their own self contained stories but with similar themes
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.