[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do think about LCD games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 12.jpg (126KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
126KB, 800x611px
What do think about LCD games?
>>
>>3807328

Literally the only game worth playing that can be reduced to that format without losing anything is Tetris
>>
They were for grandparents who didn't know any better to buy as presents.
>>
>>3807328
I have got Game & Watch' Octupus soviet clone even before I knew about video games and I didn't find it fun at all. I had many "Brick Games" since and only worthwhile games on them apart from Tetris were Breakout clone and maybe a game where you shoot your way through wall of shit (it's kinda relaxing).
But is it really LCD game in the same sense if game field is pure 20х10 pixel grid?
>>
>>3807418
Oh, I forgot the snake. Fine game too.
>>
I hate them. The only playable ones are the single screen ones like tetris, space invaders, pong, etc. but even then you'd rather be playing some other version of them than that laggy LCD version.
>>
>>3807328
The nintendo tiny arcade machines are beautiful to experience and look at. I love their screens. Glows so nicely
>>
>>3807332
Connect Four translates well too.
>>
>>3807328
Most were crap but some were very good. I had some really nice keychain games. Unfortunately having a little console rattle around in your pocket with your keys isn't such a good idea. On the other hand that's the reason I bought spares and still have a drawer full of them.

>>3807332
>I'm literally young and dumb
Clearly. If you weren't a 2000s baby or had the mental capacity to use google you'd know better. A typical brick game has things like breakout and snake which are classics. Even some of the driving games might be considered playable.
I have othello and connect 4 games that translate great to a small LCD screen. I have some 7 segment sudoku games that are great.
If you include matrix displays there's tons of good stuff that wasn't a gameboy.
>>
Blackjack was fun
>>
File: file.png (463KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
463KB, 700x525px
>>3807328
I liked that they eventually became so cheap that you could give them away with happy meals.
>>
>>3807328
Skeet Shoot is legit one of my favorite games ever.
>>
File: CNN.jpg (10KB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
CNN.jpg
10KB, 299x224px
>>3808752
I play that every night in the shower
>>
>>3808730
The racing one was my shit
>>
>>3807328
Can't be played on a CRT. Therefore not retro
>>
>>3808730
>constantly dragging your parents to McDonalds and getting these from Happy Meals
>trading your dupes with other kids at school

it was a magical time
>>
File: 1329382351636.png (61KB, 178x195px) Image search: [Google]
1329382351636.png
61KB, 178x195px
>>3808754
I skeet all over your mom's tits and ass every night motherfucker.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.