[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bahamut Lagoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: coverfrontre0.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
coverfrontre0.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Can we talk about this gem?

Just beat it about ten minutes ago. It really impressed me in... well, mainly the quality of writing. It probably has one of the tightest game scripts I've seen in a game. The story itself is rather simple, but the characterization is incredibly well-done and there is enough use of subtlety and trope-deviation to make it feel like a deeper experience (I felt the same way about Final Fantasy VII and apparently its written by the same guy). Everything in this game was solid but the story sold it for me.

What have your experiences with this game been like?
>>
>>3807280
being cucked
>>
>>3807401
I was okay with the NTR bits because I never really liked Yoyo anyway. Now the one girl who's a drug addict on the other hand...
>>
>>3807280
>What have your experiences with this game been like?
I was honestly more impressed by some mechanics like burning areas on the maps or freezing water tiles so you could pass on them, with some actual balance the game could be very good.

The writing, eh, I didn't think it was anything special really, Yoyo getting pseudo stockholm syndrome is the only thing that gets people around here because of NTR memes and some underage retards take it way to seriously but that's it really.
And talking about that I don't get why people are so worked up about Yoyo and Byuu when Matelite is the one who actually got the worst deal out of the whole thing.
>>
>>3807280
Bahamut Lagoon is my favourite SRPG. I'm with you on the characterisation. The plot itself is nothing to write home about but the game does such a good job with its characters and giving them personality. It's clear that they really tried to make the ship feel alive and between every mission I'd make sure to talk to everyone. All the characters may not be likable, I know Zora is unlikable as well as Matelite, but they all have a very rich personality for a game of its time.

The soundtrack is also very well done and has a nice nostalgic, melancholic feeling in most of its tracks.

People go on about Yoyo but she isn't very likable, isn't meant to be and the cuck meme is only alive because people just expect Byuu and Yoyo to end up together. Her romance with Palpaleos was very well done, I think.
>>
File: 6-BL_BO7_6.png (47KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
6-BL_BO7_6.png
47KB, 512x446px
I beat it 2 times. I got bored trying to beat that 99lvl boss in the bonus cave. The way you feed your dragons is a fun mechanism and you can break the game with it.

Also it made me download a bunch of other snes jrpg like Dark Half, Treasure hunter G and Front Mission.
>>
https://archive.org/details/bahamutlagooninstructionbooklet

If anyone is interested in scans.
>>
>>3808162
Yeah, agreed.

The plot itself is fairly cliche even if the setting is fairly unique, but it was the characterization that really shines.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.