[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

super collectors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 3ce5e5eb1d4a851e33cc1c0469b68251.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3ce5e5eb1d4a851e33cc1c0469b68251.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
how much of a collector are you?
i know some people like to get all the different versions of the same console, but for me as a poorfag i just get one, and idgaf if my games are CIB or not
>>
>>3806539
I've just amassed a collection by being a collector for a long time. I buy what I like when I get an opportunity to get it cheap. For example I only have one N64 but I have four Saturns.
>>
>>3806539
>different versions of the same console
lol no.

one of each console is enough for me.
>>
In before someone posts a flashcart and saying "my entire collection," all the while thinking they're SO FUCKING CLEVER AND FUNNY by doing it.
>>
Anything but the original release of any console is disgusting. Not saying anyone collecting these vile variants should be rounded up and forced in to some kind of camp, but I wouldn't argue against it.
>>
>>3806550
How do you feel about the Gamecube then, which had three different colors all at launch?
>>
>>3806559
All are acceptable, but if I catch you mixing and matching controller colors then so help me god...
>>
>>3806539
They all look really tasty.
>>
>>3806569
My Gamecube LCD is purple and I intentionally keep it attached to a black console even though I have a purple one too. Come at me.
>>
>>3806539
I don't care much about boxes, but I do like manuals, and they tend to mostly come with boxes.
>>
>>3806539
I like to have a spare console because I'm a paranoid mofo.

...And TONS of controllers.
>>
>>3806782
That's a good thing with N64. Right as 6th gen was rolling in, I knew that N64 controllers in good condition would become rare someday, so I bought up a full set of replacements.
>>
>>3806539
I hardly consider myself a collector. I only have about 150 consoles and a few thousand games. Only a handful of things that might be considered rare or expensive. A drop in the bucket compared to the pros.
I absolutely get different versions of the same console, and same versions of the same console as well. I'm not going to pay ebay prices to replace a console because I only had one.
I have a lot of NIB/CIB stuff but just for shits and giggles. I've been playing backups since long before flash carts.

>>3806569
There's only one acceptable GC and it only came in one color. Stainless steel.
>>
File: 11+Game+Boy+Pocket+Green+Front.jpg (331KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11+Game+Boy+Pocket+Green+Front.jpg
331KB, 1600x1200px
No, unless there's noticeable differences between the versions and how they function.

For example, I have an original Game Boy and a GBP. Essentially the same console, but somewhat different experiences.
>>
>>3806539
I'm a cheap bastard, I never had much money even now that I have alittle I'm still very fuckin cheap. I only buy stuff when it is outdated which is perfect for me because of how poor I was/am, I still consider myself poor.

I only buy from thrift stores and flea markets because I can get games cheap. Since I never have up to date equipment consoles/computers I never have to buy current games anyway. I did get an Xbox360 right after launch but it was gift so even that I only am now buying games for it because I can find them super cheap.

Back in the late 90's early 2000's was a really good time to get nintendo stuff and since I never sold any of my stuff from the 80's I just continued to build on it little by little. Now things have changed alittle because if I see something that is worth alot of money even if it's not something I'm gonna play I buy it because why not. With the way prices are right now you'd have to be stupid to walk by a game for a dollar when you know it's worth 50. With emulating it is a double edged sword, it's great and convenient but there are always going to be people that want original and you think it would drive the prices lower but nope. I'm going hunting today actually since it's Saturday, I'll be over at the thrift stores and see what's new, it's not just for video games but ya never know what you're gonna find.
>>
File: Nes Bed.jpg (1MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Nes Bed.jpg
1MB, 1824x1368px
if i count steam games i have:
1,642 games
1,348 or so physical copies (not counting duplicates)
37 platforms (stretching here a bit with stuff like sega cd being considered different than Genesis alone)

i've been collecting for over 15 years.
>>
File: 250px-Red_EN_boxart.png (134KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_EN_boxart.png
134KB, 250x251px
I have pic relate still in the factory sealing plastic. Never been opened.
>>
>>3806569

The plastic broke in half, and a black bottom is all I had...now I have this indigo/black monstrosity. It works well though
>>
the most I'll do is if I really like the game and it's really cheap or if it's a different version of a console I already have for real cheap

I've got about 3 PS2s for several reasons, and I've got 2 xboxes because the differences in disc drives makes a huge fucking difference

one of these days I'll track down a PAL PS1 and I'll be pretty much all set for PS1 console collecting
>>
I kind of hoard Famicoms for no reason, I'm just obsessed with the hardware I guess. I have 4 in my tiny apartment right now, and a 5th boxed one in storage at my brothers (had to go somewhere when my folks sold our old house). I also have an NES-101 for kicks. The only other consoles I have multiples of are a couple Dreamcasts and a handful of Game Boys floating around. I actively search out cheap beat-ass Famicoms, I never tire of them. I guess it's kind of weird.
>>
>>3807946
Hook it up homie. I have 0 in my 3000 square foot lake home.
>>
People who go out of their way to own different colours of the same console are despicable slumlords, who should be publically flogged.
>>
>>3808120
Haha, 3 of the 5 are pretty gnarly. The worst of them only has one controller. I've never paid more than $50 for one, and the beat ones are like $20-30 if you shop around.
>>
I buy everything new, including old systems and games.
>>
>>3807526
>count steam games
No
>platforms
No
>>
>>3807946
Weird I have 4 NES and one in the box and 3 of them I don't even remember when I got them. I didn't buy them but I guess people left them at my house years ago, I did alot of drugs back then.
>>
>>3808516
thats why i said seperate numbers.

1,348 physical games
31 consoles if i cut out the sega cd/32x/turbocd/ ect
>>
>>3806569
>All are acceptable, but if I catch you mixing and matching controller colors then so help me god...

>not having every controller be a different color so you can see who is player 1,2,3,4 in dark room without having to follow cables around.
>>
>>3808548
NESs accumulate like that, I used to have a stack of 5 or 6 (in addition to my Famicoms) in varying degrees of functionality, but I gave them all away to a friend because the Famicom is a much better platform, even for NES games.
>>
>>3806539
I typically buy two of everything when I get anything, as often as I can. Unless its the Cart. If I have one Cart, I'm good.

Back before I got my first job, my friends and I were always at my house playing games and when you've got a bunch of teens in one house things get rowdy. I lost a few consoles at the various parties we had. One time my buddy accidentally spilled his beer on my Genesis and it bit the dust. From then on I made sure to buy all my hardware in twos.
Granted, I'm 30 now and I never have anyone else come over and play games with me, but if one ever dies on me again, I'll have a back-up that should last me awhile longer, barring any great calamity.
>>
I've secretly wanted to get into that sort of thing, collecting each variant of a console,but it's the epitome of hoarding and not something I'd be blowing substantial money on.
>>
Can't collect anymore. Only have handheld stuff now had to sell all console.
>>
>>3808548
i have 4 original xbox's and i only remember were my original came from
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.