[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flashcarts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 14

File: powerpakbig[1].jpg (76KB, 513x544px) Image search: [Google]
powerpakbig[1].jpg
76KB, 513x544px
The main problem I'm running into with retro gaming is the price of the games. I'd much prefer to use actual hardware, and I already have most of the consoles I could ever want to play, but I simply don't have the funds to also support a library of games for them, especially some of the better ones. I can burn Playstation and Dreamcast games, so that's not a huge issue, but cartridge based systems are obviously a little more complicated. So:

What flashcarts does /vr/ recommend? Explain it to me like I'm retarded.
>>
Google.com
>>
File: seinfled super quick.jpg (50KB, 740x921px) Image search: [Google]
seinfled super quick.jpg
50KB, 740x921px
>>3804879
Literally in the sticky
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Modding_Consoles/Flashcarts
>>
>>3804879
Everdrive seems to have the best compatibility, but for SNES I'd forget about it right now because all the games worth playing don't work for no conceivable reason.
>>
>>3804892
>no conceivable reason.
Expansion chips.
>>
>>3804896
It supports some of them, why not all of them.
>>
>>3804892
>all the games worth playing
When will this meme end.

Realistically, these are the only ones worthy of mention:

Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Star Fox
Pilotwings
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Mega Man X2 & 3
Star Ocean
Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius

The rest should work well
>>
>>3804892
>>3804896
>>3804912
This is pretty much just plain wrong. The better flash cart doesn't support SA-1 and FX, but does everything else.

In other words you can't play:
Kirby ST
Kirby's DL3
Star Fox
Yoshi's Island
DOOM (why would you play this version anyways?)
Mario RPG

And that's it. Everything else works fine.

That still leaves such classics as:
Super Mario World
A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
TMNT Turtles in Time
DK Country 1-3
Castlevania IV
Castlevania X
Pilot Wings
F-Zero
Earthbound
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter II
Contra III
Tetris Attack
Mega Man X
Mega Man VII

I could go on forever. Point is, those anons are retarded.
>>
>>3804912
Because some are massively more complex than others.

Work is being done to implement the SuperFX in FPGA, but unfortunately, the FPGA used in the SD2SNES does not have enough gates to hold the SuperFX.
>>
>>3804915
Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, Star Ocean, Pilot Wings, and Super Mario Kart can all be played by the SD2SNES.
>>
>>3804924
Work on your reading comprehension.

Anon just said the expansion chips are the reason that not games work.
Yes, flashcarts implement most expansion chips, but not all, therefore, not all games will run on those flashcarts.
>>
>>3804934
>anon just said the expansion chips are the reason
Okay, well at the very best here, he wasn't specific enough and would be misleading to someone just now entering the flash cart market you autistic shitlord.
>>
File: inconceivable.png (667KB, 625x393px) Image search: [Google]
inconceivable.png
667KB, 625x393px
>>3804892
>no conceivable reason
Come back when you're 18 and I'll explain why
>>
>>3804927
Yes, but not on Everdrive. I specifically included everything to end this meme once and for all.
>>
>>3804889
Tried that, they were all 100 bucks or more. Figured it was a scam.

>>3804890
I'm apparently blind and/or retarded, since I did not see that section on the wiki. Thanks, anon.

>>3804924
Fortunately, I actually already own Star Fox and Super Mario RPG, but I was actually kind of hoping to the play the rest of those sans Doom. Still, that's significantly better than buying all of those.
>>
>>3804879
i want the everdrive but honestly my game ADD is bad enough that it'd only make it worse. i would never ever finish any game
>>
>>3804942
Pilot wings and Mario Kart can be played on an ED that supports DSP.
>>
Waiting on a chink EverDrive 64 to come in the mail
>>
>>3804879
Just a friendly reminder that if you beat a game on an emulator or a flashcart you didn't really beat the game and can't say you beat it.
>>
>>3804951
Didn't know this. That said, DSP module is optional and costs an extra $20.
>>
>>3804965
That's why I play games, to brag that I beat them. Why would anyone play them for other reasons, like enjoyment?
>>
>>3804965
This is just plain retarded and beyond obvious bait. If you save state, I could agree with you, but just in general? That's like arguing that playing a game on the Virtual Console (Nintendo licensed mind you) and beating it isn't actually beating it. I.E. retarded.
>>
>>3804915
Alpha 2 is available on Fight Cade. You shouldn't bother with Arcade game ports since its so easy to play on fightcade or mame.
>>
>>3804993
Get out, Derek.
>>
>>3804924
>Kirby ST
>Kirby's DL3
>Star Fox
>Yoshi's Island
>Mario RPG

So in other words it's not worth it yet.

>>3804925
Nor will it ever, unfortunately.

>>3804915
Unfortunately those are all games I care about playing other than Street Fighter and Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius
>>
>>3805028
>So in other words it's not worth it yet.
You know, you're right. The other 20 games that anon listed are complete shit, which would explain all the shilling they get. You did it, anon. You convinced us. Congrats!
>>
>>3805031
Because the games it can't play aren't worth it. Gotcha.
>>
>>3805045
Yep. They pretty much are. I mean the ones you can't play don't cost much at all especially if you go for the J versions, and then at that point you have the entire library at your disposal for a significantly minimal fraction of the cost.
>>
>>3804967
So still >$9000 less than an SD2SNES. kek.
>>
>>3805061
>9000 joke
>2017
Please get off of 4chan forever.
>>
>>3804879
everdrive is a piece of shit
FDS sound is garbage
expansion audio only works for vrc6 (by modding your nes and everdrive)

all this games have shitty sound or not compatible with everdrive

https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/List_of_games_with_expansion_audio

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3391.0

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=326.60

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=612.0
>>
>>3804879
more proves of crappy audio

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2784.0

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.mx/2016/03/nes-powerpak-and-everdrive-n8-mapper.html
>>
>>3805080
>expansion audio only works for vrc6 (by modding your nes and everdrive)
Sortof, yeah, but there are fan mappers for every other expansion audio than FDS that work just fine, so you're kinda just wrong on this one.

>"but muh FDS games"
Yeah, you're right anon, it's better to buy literally every NES title on top of every J title and a Famicom with an FDS. Ya got me.
>>
>>3805087
at least open the damn links before posting shit!
>>
>>3805069
retro memes for a retro board

>>3805028
>So in other words it's not worth it yet.
Are you dumb? A flashcart is the best purchase you can make.

From these 5 games, only Kirbys are anywhere near rare AFAIK, the rest you can buy easily.
>>
>>3805093
>https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/List_of_games_with_expansion_audio
I actually opened every link you posted just to see if you posted the threads that matter, which you didn't, so I tell you what. I'll even be nice and post the most important one here for you since you clearly are incapable:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3405.0
>>
>>3805069
Please get of 4chan until you're 18 faggot
>>
>>3804879
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5376.0

in deep of the fds sound problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npFeWVZHp8E
>>
>>3805105
You are a fucking idiot! is very clear to me that you just didn't open any link, if you even care to read the info just in front of you, or at least do a damn google search, you will know that those games(apart of castlevania) the sound is terrible.
>>
>>3805115
And *you* clearly didn't read the link *I* posted. There are *custom* (I repeat here for you, CUSTOM) mappers. Not the shitty Krikkz ones you refer to, that work far better.
>>
>>3805109
>>3805080
I love /vr/

> Hey guys! We finally get a cheap and convenient flashcart. It perfectly plays 99% of games, aside for some sound problems in Japan-only titles. Isn't it wonderful? We no longer depend on resellers!
> HAHA BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT 1%?? WHAT A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!
>>
>>3805115
What if I told you no one cares about FDS except for a few autists? You need to take medication for your aspergers, you're having violent fits again
>>
File: RockmanX3-2-2.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
RockmanX3-2-2.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>3804892
>>3804896
If some chips are too complex or painful to replicate, then they simply be put in repro multicarts for various games that use them. Why waste extra cost on something for just a handful of games?

Someone's already done this with Megaman X2 and X3, though I understand they actually took existing X2 or X3 carts and turned them into 2 in 1s. But really, why splurge on a Cx4 chip for a flashcart, when it would be much more efficient to put a Cx4 chip in an X2&3 repro, only for those who actually want to play megaman?

Though I guess this is a bit of a dilemma with FX chips, what if someone were to create a new game with SFX?
>>
>>3805123
You've got to remember a lot of the people here are probably resellers
I bet a bunch are selling CRTs too
>>
>>3805143
>Someone's already done this with Megaman X2 and X3, though I understand they actually took existing X2 or X3 carts and turned them into 2 in 1s. But really, why splurge on a Cx4 chip for a flashcart, when it would be much more efficient to put a Cx4 chip in an X2&3 repro, only for those who actually want to play megaman?

Although I agree with your point, the SD2SNES flash cart can play both X2 and X3 and doesn't require a Cx4 chip to do so. This is a just a bit misguided is all.
>>
>>3805146
>I bet a bunch are selling CRTs too
Please tell me this isn't a thing yet... It's just not that time yet.. right..?
>>
>>3805152
The people with the knowledge to repair CRTs are all retired/dead and they're becoming increasingly rare, plus the hype from retro nerds is definitely not helping and obviously causing a price surge.
Fuck I wish I still had my giant-ass trinitron.
>>
What if someone made a multicart that only played the games everdrive can't?
>>
File: luigi.jpg (23KB, 359x316px) Image search: [Google]
luigi.jpg
23KB, 359x316px
>>3805143
>what if someone were to create a new game with SFX?
you what
>>
File: IMG_20170216_2332333.jpg (3MB, 5216x2934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170216_2332333.jpg
3MB, 5216x2934px
>>3805163
>tfw own an essentially unused (outside of the past year for /vr/) Trinitron
Life is good. Should I get more CRT's in my area for this reason?
>>
>>3805167
Impossible due to the nature of why it can't play them. Nice try though.
>>
File: IMG_2444.gif (996KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2444.gif
996KB, 500x375px
>>3805163
>TFW you have a big ass Trinitron
>But it's a HD model

I mean, I got it for free, but it stings a little.
>>
>>3805174
can't really tell you but that tv is like a little baby compared to the one i stupidly gave up (and probably caused back problems which i still have to this day)
shit it was probably ultra-rare since it had an inbuilt tuner for some dead antenna-based attempt at giving more than 5 channels
>>
File: mytrinitron.jpg (408KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mytrinitron.jpg
408KB, 2048x1152px
>>3805189
>it had an inbuilt tuner for some dead antenna-based attempt at giving more than 5 channels
Yep, same here. It even has Component inputs on the back. It's a 32" for the record.
>>
>>3805194
stop making me miss the tv i haven't seen since like 2005
but i more meant in size since it was a fucking monolith, probly 32 inch or something but goddamn it sure took up a lot of space, at least that space meant the stand fit every single console i had at the time along with a vhs, dvd and satellite box after the bullshit antenna service failed
>>
>>3805201
You pretty much had the golden standard, anon. The good news is that they can currently be found for free on CL (how I got mine). You still have the chance to obtain another.
>>
>>3805173
Just look at what notable independent development there has been. A shooter for Atari Lynx, a very solid wolf3d genesis port, stuff for Jaguar, ports of Doom to mp3 players.

There is a serious draw with esoteric architectures and pioneering 3d related things.
>>
File: RockmanX3-2-1.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
RockmanX3-2-1.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>3805167
look above, it's been done. Of course, we wouldn't be talking all games onto one cart, seriously why, so instead just an SA-1 multicart and other things like that.
>>
>>3805275
>filename
but that just looks like gegege kitaro
>>
>>3804912
Last I hear nobody's willing to go through the trouble of supporting SuperFX for SD2SNES because getting it to work it would be akin to finding a straw of hay in a stack of needles.
>>
Just bought a N8 Everdrive for my Famicom and a super Everdrive for SuFami from SAG. Didn't bother with SD2SNES, cause that seems like you're burning up another $100. Not worried too much about all the games I won't be able to play, if I were, I'd just import them. Didn't bother buying from Krikzz cause I'm super impatient and don't want shit coming all the way from Ukraine. I made my orders from SAG vanilla as shit, which should save you a few bucks. I plan on getting a MegaDrive v5, later in the year.
>>
>>3805306
Oh, it appears to be rockmanX3&2#1, to be clear, with the previous picture being rockmanX3&2#2.
>>
>>3805028
>Kirby ST
$50
>Kirby's DL3
$100, or $30 for repro
>Star Fox
$15
>Yoshi's Island
$30
>Mario RPG
$50-80

At least the games are affordable and not Earthbound.
>>
>>3804890
>no GBA entry
such is life
>>
>>3804925
>Work is being done to implement the SuperFX in FPGA, but unfortunately, the FPGA used in the SD2SNES does not have enough gates to hold the SuperFX.

>sell SD2SNES with a relatively high price with the promise of adding chips via firmware-update later
>never ever add any other chips with a firmware-update at all, the list of supported chips is unchanged since the sd2snes' launch
Genius.
>>
>>3805128
Then you'd prove how retarded you are

>>3805432
Indeed. And massive keks for everyone who didn;t fall for the meme.
>>
>>3805332
or buy the jap versions for even cheaper (cept Mario RPG of course)
>>
>>3805432
>>3805472

Oops, sorry, I made a mistake.

>v0.1.6
>======
> * OBC1 support (Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge works)

This chip has been added with a fw-update.
I beg for forgiveness. *sudokus*
>>
>>3805174

>tfw my work place has a kickass CRT something like this in the meeting room

How can I do this /vr/
>>
>>3805174
>flat tube
what's the point?

>>3805570
do what?
>>
>>3805573

Steal the TV
>>
>>3805581
nigger
>>
Why would you buy a snes or nes flashcard when emulation is perfect on those machines.
>>
>>3805613
Some people like real hardware, mate. Especially controllers.
>>
>>3804943

>100 bucks or more
>scam

You should watch videos of the products, as well as the reviews and the myriad forum posts.
It's obviously not a scam.
>>
>>3805430
Dude brah it's not like you have much choice. EZ4 is one of the few that still sell.
>>
>>3805660
everdrive gba x5?

plus the elcheapo is missing for GBC.

Sad!
>>
>>3804943
>Tried that, they were all 100 bucks or more.
Well Everdrive carts cost in the order of $100. Flashcarts usually cost in the order of that

>>3804965
>t. reseller
>>
>>3805665
>everdrive gba x5?
Well, I just don't see much point in it. The market had a lot of good carts like M3 Mini and EZ Flash IV already. If you can find them, they're usually pretty cheap.

That's different from Genesis etc. where there were barely any solutions available—especially for cheap.
>>
>>3805630
I use a snes controller hooked up to my laptop hooked up to a crt. 100% compatible and cheap as fuck to do.
>>
>>3805686
I find the Dpads on the USB SNES controllers are garbage especially for direction intensive games where precision is key. I did try an adapter, but input lag is an issue with it which is a good part of why I played on my hardware/crt in the first place. My adapter is Retro Bit though if that helps. If anyone has a better one they would recommend, by all means let me know and I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>3804965

This isn't friendly. It also adds an arbitrary designation to how people should enjoy their games.

Caw caw motherfucker.
>>
>>3805693
Use an originsl with converter
>>
>>3805931
You clearly didn't read my post, but thanks for your suggestion I guess?

<spoiler>I already did that and even stated it in the post you "read"</spoiler>
>>
>>3804965
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>3804925
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3805320
What's SAG??
>>
>>3805268
First of all, no one seriously cares about these. These games are cool tech demos, with gameplay and everything else coming second.

Second, I'm sure getting SFX chip into a cart will introduce more hurdles than we can possibly imagine. Coding for SNES is already a very hard and consuming task. Few reach as far as making simple games for the platform even without chips. Now imagine what it'd be with SFX, I don't even know if documentation exists for how to work with it.
>>
>>3806039

It's what my nuts do on a humid day.

Stone age gamer
>>
>>3805320

>SAG

lol Same here, just received my EDN8 FC from them yesterday. It was 117.99 + shipping I think...I just checked now and it is backordered. I guess I got lucky.

It works well though.
>>
>>3806075
How long does it take for Stone Age to ship? Will probably get a Super Everdrive, was acually going to order it directly for Krikzz but it just seems like a hassle to have it shipped from so far.
>>
>>3804965
>or a flashcart
Why? As long as the flashcart is compatible with that game, which is an issue that varies depending on the console, this is exactly like playing an original copy.
>>
>>3806162
I've ordered 4 flash carts from them and the first three (N8, SD2SNES, Mega Everdrive X3) all shipped and arrived within just a few days. I live in Missouri though and SAG is based out of Ohio, so I'm not terribly far away. My Everdrive GBA X5 was the last cart I ordered and it took almost 2 weeks, but in their defense, it was backordered when I placed my order, so I knew I'l likely wait a little bit at least, and 2 weeks was about what I was expecting with Krikzz, so eh. No harm no foul. Not to mention buying from SAG gives you "prize tickets" if you have an account with them, which can get you pretty great discounts on their store. I got a few cables and controller adapters for free thanks to that.
>>
>>3805941
Input delay is a meme
>>
>>3806219
You're either retarded or too casual to have noticed. Those are literally the only options there.
>>
>>3806046
http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/3269/Super%2BFX%2BInstruction%2BSet.zip

Literally google before opening your stupid fat mouth, nigger.
>>
>>3805332
So more than the flash cartridge even costs. HMMMMMMMM
>>
>>3806684
>http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/3269/Super%2BFX%2BInstruction%2BSet.zip
I'm not the anon you responded to, but I found this quite interesting and just wanted to say thanks for posting it!
>>
>>3806696
>plays Mega Man X3
So more than the flash cartridge even costs. HMMMMMMMM
>>
>>3804993
>http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Modding_Consoles/Flashcarts

Isn't there input lag (enough to change the meta) with online play?
>>
>>3806945
Most definitely. That doesn't even get into the issues brought on by network lag. It's not an efficient method.
>>
>>3805613
>emulation is perfect on those machines.
lmao

have fun with your input lag
>>
>>3806162

I'm in Florida. Took about 4 days.

Ignore the shill. Get what you want.
>>
File: vc.png (15KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
vc.png
15KB, 256x224px
>>3808028
>Virtual Console
>>
>>3808041
How is that trolling? Gacha games should be illegal. Trust me, this is the marketing of cigarettes toward children fiasco of yesteryear, today. And it's even more insidious, because the real product--the gambling--hides under a very slick veneer. Nintendo aren't the only ones doing it, but they're complicit.
>>
>>3808068
It's bad when everyone does it. I wouldn't defend Square-Enix, either. The fact is, you can't take the moral high ground for a company who decided that the exploitation of children was in their best interest. Profit is more important to them than ruining lives. That's all there is to it. The kids who grow up on this stuff run the risk of becoming adults with a real addiction problem.
>>
>>3808079
Parents can't watch their kids 24/7, and laws never stopped underage drinking and smoking. What makes you think gambling is any different? The industries create the demand. And the only way to alleviate these problems is by eliminating demand.
>>
Do any of you guys notice your games are slower in a flashcard than they should? In both my r4 on the DS and my EZFlash games are noticeably slower
>>
>>3808072
I don't give a fuck. I'm not overpaying for an inferior product.
>>
>>3808150
>superior to anything else microsoft or sony shits out
Why are you talking about Microsoft and Sony? They're irrelevant.
>>
>>3808150
>wrong
Your casual defense is no different than the deflection from a Phillip Morris lawyer. It's entirely in bad faith. You'll place the blame on anyone except for the company producing the filth, and not-so-subtly encouraging its consumption among vulnerable and undeveloped minds.
>>
>>3805646
You can still use the guide to find the one you want, then decude if you want to fork out for the real deal or chance it on a chink knock off. And no we can't make that decision for you, you have to use your brain for once and come to your own conclusions.
>>
>>3808072
VC releases on the Wii U are fucked, but iirc the Wii and 3DS releases are fine.

Also if you have a hacked 3DS, you can fix the filters on GBA games by injecting them yourself with an injector tool.
>>
>>3805163

> tfw even shitty useless N model pvms costs $300+ nowadays.

Kind of glad all these resellers will end up with dead expensive paperweights some day.
>>
>>3808612
So you'd rather plug your ears and dismiss the messenger rather than confront their arguments, defending a company that engages in blatantly immoral activities. Some crusade. You're a hypocrite.
>>
>>3808692
I haven't been following this reply chain, but I hope you're not talking about Nintendo.
>>
>>3808037
>gambling
nice meme
>>
>>3808692
Nintendo is the Apple of video games
>>
>>3808729
Just emulate like a nigger lol
>>
>>3808037
what are you like a watchdog group? and what little kid plays Fire Emblem? it's like nintendo's singular mature series.
>>
>>3808037
>>3808751
So ... you'd want to police access to Final Fantasy 6, Star Wars Ep1 Racer and Need for Speed: High Stakes?
>>
>>3809129
>Plenty speed runners use those products to broadcast with
they don't play the game using them you stupid fuck. they use a CRT.
>>
>>3808751
Look man, I hate gambling too; and I voted against it here in the New England on the last ballot. While I don't think your comparison is wholly unfair, I don't think it's quite there either. The paywall is the parent, the game is totally playable without buying anything, and a kid wouldn't have money to throw at this thing, even they were playing a lore heavy TBS on their phone anyway, which seems pretty unlikely. I agree with your sentiment and think this pay-to-play shit sucks, I just don't think Fire Emblem mobile is what you should be going after, tbqhfamicom.
>>
>>3809129
Not only do they use CRT's, but on top of that, name ONE. Literally ONE... successful speed runner who doesn't use real hardware. I'll wait.
>>
>>3805494
Bleh, get JAP Mario RPG as well, FUCK PAYING over $100 to Ebay Markups!

Here, the password for the Sunken ship

すいぞくかん
>>
>>3809453
>>3809956
Are they recording with a camera pointing at the CRT? No, they use a pass through capture card or a dvr, which adds input delay.
>>
>>3809129
It doesn't affect game play for you because you don't play games where it matters

You know fuck all about speed running. Stop embarrassing yourself

Really the only option here is that you you're retarded

>>3810350
See above about knowing fuck all. Time to listen to the kitty and stop posting.
>>
File: 1370890691509.gif (767KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1370890691509.gif
767KB, 250x250px
>>3810350
>pass through capture card or a dvr
>>
>>3810350
>Are they recording with a camera pointing at the CRT?
No, they have their console hooked up to a splitter, which allows it to go both into their TV and into their capture card. They view their own gameplay on the TV, and stream/record from the capture card.
>>
>>3810421
>splitter
Yeah buddy that adds a delay.
>>
>>3810398
>It doesn't affect game play for you because you don't play games where it matters
>You know fuck all about speed running. Stop embarrassing yourself
>Really the only option here is that you you're retarded

>Lose arguement
>throw insults
Come on, you can do better than that.
>>
>>3810518
No it doesn't. it's an analog signal, meaning it is limited by the speed of light. There is no conversion taking place. Seriously how are you this stupid?
>>
>>3810524
>No it doesn't. it's an analog signal, meaning it is limited by the speed of light. There is no conversion taking place. Seriously how are you this stupid?

Yes it does. Prove me wrong. You can google it and find plenty of evidence that splitters add a delay. Its just something that you dont notice like most forms of delay, they only thing you notice is almost a placebo from you mind telling you something is wrong, and you blame something that doesnt exist cause you have autism.

Again:
>Lose arguement
>throw insults
>>
>>3810535
>You can google it and find plenty of evidence that splitters add a delay.
Then post it scooter. I'm in the mood for a laugh today.
>>
>>3810571
How about you post an actual link and not your dinkychink malware shortener, faggot?
>>
>>3809823
Damage control
>>
>>3810518
Sure a few picoseconds. kek

>>3810535
>The easter bunny can only jump 3 feet high
>prove me wrong
Top kek kid

>doubles down on stupid
>triples down on stupid
>>
>>3810653
A few picoseconds is literally the time for light to travel few millimeters. Dude, you'll get more lag by simply lengthening the cables, splitter or not.

And even then, i believe splitter should adds no lag, not even in picoseconds order.
>>
>>3810706
Hell, for few picoseconds delay, you could negate the lag by moving closer to your crt by few millimeters
>>
>>3810706
You must be bad at video games if you cant notice it.
>>
>>3810789
See
>>3810712

The amount of lag you could possibly add using an analogue splitter (that is literally connecting two wires with another wire, no electronics inbetween) is literally not perceptible. If you notice such a different, it's placebo.
>>
>>3804889
How would google tell him which ones /vr/ recommends, idiot?
>>
>>3810803
>The amount of lag you could possibly add using an analogue splitter (that is literally connecting two wires with another wire, no electronics inbetween) is literally not perceptible. If you notice such a different, it's placebo.

That was the point I made about USB adaptors. And we have gone full circle.
>>
>>3810823
>That was the point I made about USB adaptors
OK but USB adapters actually have electronics, conversion, and (usually) some sort of RAM access behind them. It's entirely different than a direct, wire-to-wire physical connection.
>>
>>3810838
Why reply? He's just gonna double down on the retardation.
>>
>>3810838
>and (usually) some sort of RAM access behind them. It's entirely different than a direct, wire-to-wire physical connection.

So will a signal splitter unless its one of those cheap ass ones that will half the strength of the signal thus causing input delay, and deteriorating the image and audio. It'll need a combiner/duplexer built in to even attempt to do its job right, oh and those add delay too.
>>
>>3810850
While you're getting creative here could you explain how I'm getting emulator levels of lag from plugging my capture device into the outs on my BVM?
>>
>>3810861
>capture device
They all add lag, nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>3810876
But why does that matter if I'm not playing in the preview window?
>>
>>3810880
see
>>3810850
>>
>>3810850
Are you literally just making this shit up? XD

I want to believe you are either posting some Grade A copy pasta or are a master troll, because no one could possibly be this misinformed, right..?
>>
>>3810910
Then inform me, paste me some products that magically double a signal without causing deterioration, or use some form of hardware.
>>
>>3810927
They don't have to worry about deterioration because the signal is strong enough from the getgo to support the split. On top of that, splitting doesn't cause any delay whatsoever. That would be like arguing your internet will be slower if you spliced another few feet of cable onto the end of your ethernet cable. That's just now how physics work, anon. It's a signal bound by the speed of light. All perceivable latency is caused by digital devices via processing/scaling/converting/etc. With the case of VGA (analog), when you add a splitter onto the end, you are doing the same act as if you simply spliced 2 output ends onto the end of the cable. There is no loss because no processing, scaling, or digital/analog conversion needs to take place. It is literally a vehicle for electrons, which are not bound by those issues. In other words, if you think that analog signals experience input lag in any form, you literally don't understand the basic fundamentals of circuitry or analog systems, which is totally fine, just something you should admit instead of coming up with these crazy theories about how digital and analog are somehow in the same boat here.
>>
>>3810706
>few millimeters
1 picosecond is less than 1/3mm. The distance between contacts in a splitter might even be a few mm so potentially up to several picoseconds.

>>3810823
So I see you've learned nothing about how you were wrong in the meantime. Cool

>>3810850
How do you know what you need when you've never even tried and didn't even know how it was done until just now when it was spoon fed to you? Top kek kid

>>3810876
Reading comprehension sport. "outs"
>>
>>3811007
>They don't have to worry about deterioration because the signal is strong enough

Then why have amplifiers, doublers etc been around since long before digital stuff came around?

Because splitting a analog signal causes deterioration.
>>
>>3810895
But I'm not using a splitter. Can you read?
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (234KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
234KB, 1200x675px
>Not owning cib mmx3
Plebs
>>
>>3811161
Because the singal is strong enough to handle a split and a few feet of cable.
Amps are for when you're feeding dozens of monitors and have hundrens of yards of cable.

Also, amplifiers are analog and add no lag.
>>
>>3809129
>It exists
>Its a meme

Pick one and only one, you stupid fucking nigger. I swear to god you're the most retarded mother fucker to ever post on this board. You should just go fucking shoot yourself in the head right now, because if we're being honest with ourselves here, the brain damage would make you sound a hell of a lot smarter than your contradictory ass.
>>
File: sw-20142.jpg (11KB, 320x309px) Image search: [Google]
sw-20142.jpg
11KB, 320x309px
>>3810350
>>3810518
>>3810535
>>3810706
Explain to me how this causes lag, you stupid mother fucker.
>>
>>3811359
Fuck your mmx3, what's that Squaresoft game still NIB?
>>
>>3810706
>>3810535
>>3810518
>>3810350
are these the new audiophiles?
>>
>>3811586
most definitely
>>
>>3811586
Literally zero question.
>>
>>3811562
The signal has to travel for an additional ((10cm)/(300,000km/s)) seconds.
ruins the timing for the combos, man.
>>
>>3811698
So basically it does nothing? Because the design differences between television sets does more than that...
>>
>>3811698
this
>>
>>3808028
>>3808072
>>3808612
>>3808692
>>3809823
Jesus, I never thought I'd see one of you retards outside of YouTube comments. Do you honestly care this much about this or are you just trying to stir up shit here, too?
>>
>>3812604
He's a shitposter from /v/. Just report his posts. Giving them attention has no value and only makes it worse.
>>
>>3812626
Well, I was booty blasted enough to respond, so I guess I've been trolled. Dang. Fair enough, I guess.
>>
To the people complaining about SNES game compatibility: assuming you don't accept emulation as an option, remember you can almost always import a JP copy of a game and be just fine. Super Mario Kart, Kirby Dreamland 3, SF Alpha 2, Parodius, Megaman X2&3, and Yoshi's Island are all very playable by English-only speakers, you might need to Youtube the intro cutscene for a few of them. Your real problem is Super Mario RPG, since it's both expensive and absolutely not worth playing without English.
>>
>>3813173
*flash cart compatibility
>>
The SNES port of SF Alpha 2 is absolutely horrid, it shouldn't even belong on those lists.
It has load times for christ's sake.
>>
>>3813178
Also horrible music and it doesn't even run at 60fps.

Tough thstight have to do with the compressor chip.
>>
>>3813173
How long until those shoot up in price too? The bottom line here is that no matter what way you cut it SuperFX support is absolutely worth waiting for. Some look at it as "Oh, it's only 5 games that don't work", but some of us look at it as "5 of the 8 games I even care about don't work".
>>
Ordered some flash carts from Stone Age Gamer last Thursday, and my order is still being processed. Any one know how long it takes them to ship stuff out?
>>
>>3813193
You can fix the music with msu-1 hack, but nothing stops the abysmal load times.

So fucking jarring.
>>
>>3804879
Not that I care, but I've always been curious. Do flash carts just emulate mappers/special chips or how does that shit work?
>>
>>3814754
Yup, most all flashcarts support the most common mappers.
This can be done either by a microcontroller or a FPGA.
Or some don't bother recreating the mapper and instead pull the chips out of real carts.
>>
>>3814768
So wait, you mean hardware emulation via an FPGA? Or do they try to replicate via software?
>>
>>3814770
Either or.
Microcontrollers can be used for software emulation, or a FPGA for a hardware clone.
>>
>>3814778
I see. So if I were to seek out hardware identical FPGA flash carts for NES and SNES, what would be the best ones? If this is a stupid question I can just google it, just figured I'd ask while we were on the subject.
>>
>>3814768
Any examples of which microcontrollers have been used to handle which mappers? Making a flashcart with a MCU instead of a FPGA would potentially have a lot of advantages.
>>
>>3815610
I'm curious about this as well.
>>
>>3815610
>>3816176
Here's a ARM processor doing GB mappers:
https://dhole.github.io/post/gameboy_cartridge_emu_1/
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.