[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: n64-logo.gif (19KB, 1000x974px) Image search: [Google]
n64-logo.gif
19KB, 1000x974px
Is the hype for this thing finally dead?
I remember when it was THE retro console for Normie's but I think they all moved on to gamecube
>>
I personally like N64 more than PS1. The graphics are not pretty, but the games are top notch thanks to rare.
>>
>>3804660
Probably not, since it's actually a good console, regardless of whether or "normies" like it or not.

However, the PlayStation is still superior.
>>
>>3804660
It died once people realized there are only a handful of games worth playing on it.
>>
The Hype for the N64 died the day the PlayStation 2 came out.
>>
>>3804660
Hype for Nintendo shit will never die. E-celebs haven't combed over the library thoroughly enough yet, only when all the good games command absurd prices will the hype die down.
>>
>>3804875
>only when all the good games command absurd prices will the hype die down
So... very soon, if not already?
>>
>>3804887
Anything not Mario, Zelda, or Smash can be had for $15 or less.
Hell, even OoT is only like $25.
>>
>>3804887
Last time I really looked most of the good games were still in the $20 or so range. A lot are still in the $10 range. Obviously that's higher than historical prices, but it's nowhere near as bad as what some SNES and NES games go for.
>>
>>3804660
No. you still won't be able to afford one on your allowance

>Normie's
Autistic and retarded. Always a winning combination.
>>
OP here, i'm just saying i see motherfuckers be like LOL N64.. PLAY SNES ITS SO MUCH BETTER
>>
>>3804660

Easily the worst library of any Nintendo console. Even Wii U was better.
>>
>>3804981
But Wave Race
>>
>>3804660

Yes, because it's currently epic /vr/ contrarianism to pretend it was a shit console without a single worthwhile game on it. You know, just like a lot of people on here pretend FF2 was good, and that the Genesis won its gen.
>>
>>3804981

18+ kiddo
>>
>>3804981

Well shit, it isn't just me. I find the N64 to be rather unappealing and I grew up with the thing. Pokemon Snap? Yes. Harvest Moon 64? Fuck yeah! Goldeneye? Oh yeah! Other than that, ehh. No thanks.
>>
Everything about and in this thread is cancer
>>
>>3804660
>they all moved on to gamecube
With the Switch offering GC games on its virtual console, I think Gamecube in general is about to hit a massive spike.
>>
>>3805074

its gone so high in the last couple years, I don't think there's not much more room for potential growth
>>
>>3805079
Now how can you say that? This is the same hobby where Earthbound, a game that isn't even rare, goes for $300? The potential for Gamecube price gouging is truly infinite.
>>
File: cmon-get-spanked.jpg (332KB, 1920x1043px) Image search: [Google]
cmon-get-spanked.jpg
332KB, 1920x1043px
>>3804981
>Perfect Dark is shit

u fukin w0t m8

let me tell you about pushing hardware to its limits, son.
>>
>>3804989
my nigga
still love the random waves and the way the tide affects the courses, best first party n64 game if you aren't into platformers
>>
File: 1485050629537.jpg (317KB, 694x782px) Image search: [Google]
1485050629537.jpg
317KB, 694x782px
>>3804660
Joke's on them, Gamecube isn't even retro.
>>
>>3805138
Perfect Dark looks great and does super cool things but is just garbage to play and runs like molasses.
>>
>>3804660
Which is the best retro video game console, for someone who only plays video games that are Rated E for Everyone in the ESRB?
>>
>>3804981
It has Jet Force Gemini.
>>
>>3805171
The PS1. Plenty of rated T & M games which can finally make a MAN out of ya! I recommend you start with Loaded.
>>
>>3805162
anon, normies are starting to consider the Wii retro
>>
>>3805186
why did you name this ancient picture like it's from your phone or something?
why do you think /vr/ is your blog?
>>
>>3805186
You and this picture makes me angry honestly family.
>>
>>3804978
It is, but that doesn't automatically rule out N64, either. /v/ leaks sometimes.

>>3805010
Pretty much this, too.
>>
>>3805217
>contrarianism
This meme from /a/ needs to stop. "Everyone who disagrees with me is just contrarian!!!"
>>
>>3804660

I feel like its still neck and neck, I could be wrong though, maybe its at least flatlined

I got all the N64 games I wanted years ago (2007ish) back before people cared about it like they do now. I still grab some odd stuff now and then because the only things I don't have are weird and cheap things (ie: Rakuga kids, that was $20)

I just feel sorry for people who are paying for hundreds of dollars for Clay Fighter Sculptors Cut, that game is mediocre as shit
>>
>>3804660
I don't think the normies "moved on" to GC so much as the younger generation that grew up with GC is at the age where they get nostalgic and have more disposable income, and the new demand drives price and hype up. The same thing happened with basically every previous generation, including N64.
>>
>>3804660
You can still play this fucker today and have a blast for local multiplayer. PSX not so much... excluding fighters.

But what would /vr/ need local multiplayer for eh?
>>
The framerates sucked for the most part if I recall correctly, and there were only a handful of games actually worth playing, sadly. It was once my favorite console, but looking back at its library I don't even want to purchase a new one because there's so few games worth playing.
>>
>>3805138
Perfect Dark has a superior port on 360. There's no reason at all to play it on N64.
>>
>>3805219
It really does, but that doesn't stop it from existing. Personally, I don't give a flying fuck whether you like the N64 or not, but there is a bandwagon for it on this board that rears its ugly head now and again.

Also, this shit has existed long before /a/, I don't know where you're getting that from.
>>
>>3805250
This, but it's a real crying shame that the 360 doesn't have much going for it besides that. I can think of a handful of exclusives that are at least okay and the remakes of the Banjo games, but that's about it.

And Halo, but I'm not supposed to mention that I like that here.
>>
>>3805273
360 has Xbox live arcade which hosts many excellent /vr/ and early 2000s arcade games.
It feels like a more powerful Dreamcast in that regard.
I think the Slim (angular) ones have less occurence of RROD and disc carving. Avoid the last version that mimics the XBONE because they lack CRT-out.

Now that the dudebros have all left for COD, I think we can all admit Halo:CE was great fun and was only shat upon by contrarians.
>>
>>3805079
>I don't think
Clearly. But I understand how posting silly unsubstantiated options on 4chan is less taxing your brain, so stick with what you're good at.

>>3805186
>mfw you were off your meds and actually had a conversation with a mirror.
>>
>>3805250
Except the 360 control stick has way more dead zones than the N64 stick and some of the updated character model textures look highly questionable from an art style perspective.
>>
>>3805219

The "meme" is not exclusive to /vr/. Everyone wants to be perceived as correct; nobody wants to accept fault or be incorrect. This is especially true for americucks.
>>
Do you think it's a good time to liquidate my N64 collection?

My PAL Conker BFD should be worth ~200€ now, and I have quite a few other games that sell well.
>>
File: ddisgust.jpg (43KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
ddisgust.jpg
43KB, 600x678px
>>3805168
>not emulating it and using mouseaim

good god man
>>
>>3804894
Mario sunshine and Smash melee are getting expensive as hell, so your point is very valid.
The only gamecube game that i know that's still about the same price is animal crossing, which has stayed around $15-$30 forever.
>>
>>3805124
True, But the prices are already going up, Why isn't it considered gouging now? I mean just look at Melee and Mario sunshine prices. You can get a brand new game for less than the cost.
>>
>>3805138
>let me tell you about pushing hardware to its limits, son.

Let me tell you about games that run at more than 15 frames per second.
>>
>>3805124
There's already an Earthbound for the GC, Cubivore.
>>
>>3805176
>Jet Force Gemini.

We'll never have a JFG 3DS port

>>3806097
>Do you think it's a good time to liquidate my N64 collection?

I'm seeing N64 shirts on sale at Target.

The N64 was the last true cartridge system.

I'd rather hold on to my N64 carts forever and sell my gamecube stuff.
>>
>>3805273
360 has a huge library of Japanese arcade ports that never saw a release on other consoles. Believe it or not, a Japanese 360 is a more valuable system than a US model for this reason.
>>
>>3806617
>The N64 was the last true cartridge system.
>I'd rather hold on to my N64 carts forever and sell my gamecube stuff.

Yeah, I love it, but rarely play on it these days. Selling the games to invest in an Everdrive and maybe UltraHDMI sounds nice, and I'd use the rest of the money for my baby that's due this fall.

I'm just not sure if I'd regret not waiting another 5 years if prices continue to climb.
>>
>>3804660
>It's another "lel tha sikty fow id shiet" thread

Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>3804981
Smaller library, but N64's bests were diamonds to Wii U's gold.
>>
>>3804981
>Even Wii U was better

Thems fightin' words, faggot.

>Spotted the JRPGshitter
>>
>>3804660
>Is the hype for this thing finally dead?
>I remember when it was THE retro console for Normie's but I think they all moved on to gamecube

I think romhacks could have a future when people are done with the regular game.
>>
N64 is definitely dropping in value as late, Mario Party 3, Mario Kart 64, Conker and others are still insanely overpriced, but almost everything else has been falling. Mario 64 can easily be found for $25, Majora's Mask gold cart for $30, hell Ocarina gold cart only gets you $40 nowadays. Everything else, including F-Zero, Star Fox, and Turok can be found for under $20.
>>
>>3809768
What about Goemon's Great Adventure? I always wanted that one but I always find it to be rather pricey.
>>
>>3809768
>Majora's Mask gold cart
Almost all Majora's Mask carts were gold. It gray ones are actually the rare treasures.
>>
>>3809857
Come to think of it I've never seen gray cartridges of MM or Zelda II.
>>
File: iVak7ZS.jpg (131KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
iVak7ZS.jpg
131KB, 800x580px
>>3809858
Gray Carts of the NES Zeldas are merely uncommon - the result of being late-run reprints. Gray carts of Majora's Mask are legitimately rare, seemingly to the point of being a fluke.
>>
>>3809857
what about the gold OoTs compared to the grey ones
>>
>>3809857
>>3809858
The only gray ones I ever saw were the Not For Resale on eBay, but even most of those are gold. They have a few differences from the final game.

>>3809873
I didn't even know they made non-Not for Resale gray Majora's Mask. Is it a different version?
>>
>>3809876
Well the gold carts for OoT are definitely less common than gray since they were the collector's edition, but they're far from rare. I'm looking for exact production numbers but can't find 'em.
>>
>>3808685
OP here. i love the 64
>>
>>3809837
Goemon seems to be going up actually. I've been eyeing it for a while but haven't pulled the trigger.
>>
>>3807271
>I'm just not sure if I'd regret not waiting another 5 years if prices continue to climb.

Do NES and SNES prices continue to climb?

I think N64 games are more playable to people born after 2000. Those babies are 17 years old now.

When they hit 25 they will want all the N64 games.

What will N64 prices be in 8 years?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.