[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his arc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: contemplative-jazz-music.jpg (113KB, 565x300px) Image search: [Google]
contemplative-jazz-music.jpg
113KB, 565x300px
What was his arc?
>>
>>3804293
He gave up his friends and life style to pursue his dream of being the Sorceress' Knight
>>
>>3804293
being a slave
>>
He started pissed off and ended pissed off. it's like pottery.
>>
>>3804390
I agree he's pretty pissy but in the final scene he looks pretty happy

OP pic related.
>>
>>3804293
thats some nice looking clouds
>>
Seifer was one my favorite characters from FF8. It sucked he ended up being a villain but that just made me like him more.
>>
>>3804293
>Fuck yeah, i'm gonna be a sorceress' knight!
>Fuck yeah, i'm a sorceress' knight!
>Fuck, i'm a sorceress' knight.
>>
>>3805356
It just occurred to me that you could have a completely separate game with Seifer as the protagonist, retelling FF8 from his point of view.
>>
>>3804293
He remembered the past and wanted to protect edea who he saw as his mother despite the possession and all that. When he was defeated he let go his past to appreciate the present
>>
>>3805520
Who would be the bosses', especially the final one? Otherwise, that would be perfect.
>>
He had a dream of being a sorceress knight, but repeatedly failed in achieving that goal. When the quick and easy way presented itself, he jumped on it even though it meant betraying the group he trained under for years. He slowly lost his shit due to Squall stealing his girlfriend and repeatedly kicking his ass, and eventually lost his mind so much that even his cronies turned their backs on him.

Then, he lives happily ever after because the last third of FFVIII's plot is basically nonsense.

>>3805362
This is gold.
>>
>>3806476
Eh, they'd probably have to retcon it so seifer's final boss is some big bad that he has to hold for Squall & gang while they are fighting Ultimecia.
>>
>>3804293

He was so wrapped up in the letter of his dream that he didn't follow the spirit of it, which was fine until he realized that guy he hated had become a better knight than he ever was without even wanting to, but he had to keep on pretending until he couldn't even convince himself anymore.
>>
He must be loyle to his sorceress.
>>
>>3804293
He dedicated his life because of a movie he watched as a kid, said movie starred the father of his rival funnily enough.
>>
Something, something....dream?

No seriously what the fuck was his deal?

He betrays his school and tries to kill you like 4 times because the sorceress needed a knight?
>>
>>3806681

He wanted to be a knight. Like the idealized, heroic shining armor kind of knight, but was also very much an entitled shit about it and as a matter of course every setback, every hurdle, every 'rival' was seen as a personal affront. He was talented as a swordsman and soldier in terms of raw skill, but never promoted to SeeD because he just *could not* follow orders; whether because he felt superior to the people giving them the orders or he got a wild hair up his ass about what SHOULD be done, or hell, both.

This keeps happening. It's staged blatantly through the early part of the game. His relationship with Rinoa is underscored (like, fucking seriously, we never see them talk to each other) but it's there, and when he hears that her rebellion is up shit creek (not helping matters is the guy he REALLY hates is in charge of the SeeD part of this 'mission) he snaps his tether yet again and puts himself on a path where he's emotionally manipulated into thinking the path to his dream, not his ruin, lays before him... when in reality he's being played like a fiddle by someone who is also being played like a piano.
>>
>>3806912

Eh it just seems like we never really saw him too much to really get a sense of his personality. From what we saw he was really just kind of a douche but there was never really any moments of him seething in jealousy over Squall he just kind of picked on Zell a bit and the end.

This was a big problem with 8 we never really see anything if ti's not about Squall
>>
>>3807002
He slashed Squall across the face with a gun blade during live weapons training after he'd already downed his opponent.

While I agree with you that Squall and Rinoa are the ONLY characters the camera really bothers to focus on, but we we did see, constantly, the problem of Seifer not following orders and acting on his own, which lead to him getting mind-woogied. Some (but not many) of the blanks left can be filled by NPC dialog, to get a glimpse of what the writers were at least *trying* to do with him.

Not that they did a very good job, considering just how easy it is to run with either the "Rinoa is Ultemecia" or "Squal is dead after the 1st disc" theory, neither of which were probably intended by them.
>>
>>3807505

Don't use shit fan theories for lroof of anything m8

Particularly "MC IS DEAD" theories.
>>
>>3806609
wait, source? I remember Laguna's movie but not that Seifer got his dream from that. Or is it info from one of those ultimania guides?
>>
>>3807763

He holds his gunblade in an entirely ridiculous fashion.

The same way Laguna did in the film, since he had no idea how to hold a gunblade.
>>
>>3807505
>the problem of Seifer not following orders and acting on his own, which lead to him getting mind-woogied.

yeah but that doesn't mean traitor and even if he was mind controlled you'd think he'd have been taken back or something after you deal with shit. Fuck even if he doesn't go back to Balmab he should at least not be haning out with the baddies

>>3807831

There's no dignified way to hold a gunblade
>>
>>3807831
At least he used it better than Squall's lame axe-chop attack
>>
I honestly don't think Seifer was ever mind controlled.

I think he just made bad choices.
>>
Being Jerid Messa
>>
>>3807505
>Rinoa is Ultimecia
>Theory
>>
The real question is how did he cut Odin in half like he was some chump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFl9kBvm9JU
>>
>>3809183
As if that vapid, glassy-eyed bimbo with an IQ equal to a glazed donut's would be capable of weaving a world domination plan which spanned across time.
>>
File: gunblade.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gunblade.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
>>3809285
you're not thinking 4th dimensionally enough. alternate timelines son.

>>3809213
with the power of awesome
too bad Gilgamesh arrives from FF5/the void right after that.
>>
>>3809294
Sure I am, and Riona is a drooling ditz in ALL of them.
>>
>>3809213
Odin's been doing nothing but sitting on his ass. Guy was out of shape.
>>
>>3808832
underrated
>>
File: fff.gif (992KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
fff.gif
992KB, 500x248px
>>3806575
>>
>>3809183

Fairly sure that was debunked by word of god but too lazy to find link
>>
>>3809285
Don't talk about my first ever waifu like that
>>
>>3809802
I was defending her, man, saying there was no way she was an evil villainess.
>>
> Be in Jr. High when this game comes out.
> Not many folks talk about games, but notice a guy reading the ff7 strategy guide in class.
> Game comes out.
> Few days later guy stops coming to school.
> About a week later he shows up with a bandage on his forehead.
> Fucker ACTUALLY gave himself a 'squall scar'.
> It's barely noticeable after it heals unless the light hits it right.

I don't think anyone else understood his scar's reference point... but I did.
>>
>>3809894
Oh yeah, I should add that after the game came out and he scarred himself, he also started dressing like squall.
Black pants, white shirt and black (leather) jacket.
I wish I bought a yearbook that year.
>>
File: soon.jpg (102KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
102KB, 900x675px
>>3809894
>>3809898
I'm guessing y'all lucked out of a school shooting/slashing
>>
>>3809894
Did he say "whatever" a lot?
>>
>>3809916
I never talked to him myself. He was one of those kids who spent the lunch hour in the library playing on the computer.
>>
>>3809894
> Fucker ACTUALLY gave himself a 'squall scar'.

lol this lad at my school did the exact same thing, except it was more horizontal across his cheek than vertical
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.