[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magnets and Cartridges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

Hey /vr/,

I am thinking of making a project that involves NES cartridges and magnets as a storage solution, and I wanted to ask if the Cartridges themselves could be harmed in any way? The roms are probably safe as far as i can assume, but what about the savefiles or the batery inside? Would it interfere with these components? Would it have bad juju in the cartridges that if you stick them into a console it would zap it? Don't want to mess up the ol' piece of hardware, it has survived so long.

Being on this topic, how about with other cartridges?

>Pic not really related, best I could find when googling nes and magnets.
>>
>>3803438
It makes mustard gas.
>>
>>3803501

thenk you jeebus
>>
>>3803438
Don't use magnets that are too strong. Prolonged and repeated exposure to permanent magnets can still fuck up magnetic properties of ferrous material. I don't know much about the makeup of the circuitry in most cartridges, though.
>>
File: 316iK6fraNL.jpg (12KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
316iK6fraNL.jpg
12KB, 450x300px
>>3803531

I was playing with the idea about painting a wall with magnet-coating and then using pic related between wall and the screw sockets of a nes cartridge to 'pin' them to it. As far as I know these are pretty strong magnets... too much?

You could plaster a whole wall with games
>>
>>3803669
That sounds like diametric opposite of comfy.

>COMING SOON TO A BATTLESTATION THREAD NEAR YOU!
>>
>>3803531
>I don't know
true dat

>>3803669
>magnet-coating
>i do not think it means what you think it means
Also, terrible idea overall You could accomplish the same thing with a simple plastic clip. If you must use magnets you could put one inside the cart and one inside the wall. Magnets won't hurt you cart but they will do other things. Since you're too young to have a CRT or credit card it probably isn't a problem for you though. kek
>>
File: 518TuwEwWpL._SY400_.jpg (37KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
518TuwEwWpL._SY400_.jpg
37KB, 298x400px
>>3804616
Are you sure you know what it means?
Never seen magnet paint before? Pic related

Putting a magnet inside would be way to much work, the small magnets fit perfectly into the screw sockets
>>
File: IMG_20170217_020025.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_020025.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>3804616
>>3804649

Here an example of a magnet in the socket
>>
File: IMG_20170217_020801.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_020801.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>3804616
Also, yeah you sure showed me! Your witty writing totally comes across as you being a man of age... /vr/ is like a good bottle of wine... Left open in the sun for a year, so the /v/ shitflies can fall all over it and taint it forever
>>3804658
I have two of the cylinder magnets here, so I just tried it out with one of the games that has 5 sockets (in the top corners) on a Metall plate and it stays put. You don't even need force to take it off the magnets... Fuck it I might try this
>>
Honestly. Magnets are an awful solution for hanging your carts. A peice of 1x1 screwed to the wall would be a better shelf.

Magnets are cool and useful, like for holding cabinets shut in an RV.

You're using a jack hammer for something that needs a screwdriver.
>>
>>3804649
>magnet paint is magnet-coating
Oh god. Another one of those who think words mean whatever they say.

>>3804658
Yeah, that looks retarded. Also it won't hold a cart to your paint. Also clean your carts you filthy animal.

>>3804706
>im insecure about my age
>i didnt even try it yet
Not much to say about that except...Top kek kid
Don't try it. It won't work. Just keep taking about it and talking about it. That's the best thing to do with fantasies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.