[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wizardry 1 with no map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: skeletons.jpg (89KB, 557x379px) Image search: [Google]
skeletons.jpg
89KB, 557x379px
I'm playing Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord.

Do I seriously have to make my own map with graph paper and a pencil, or can one get through the game without a map by using a spell or something?

It's just really inconvenient to sit there with a piece of paper and pencil when trying to play a video game.
>>
Good luck
>>
>>3803201
>Do I seriously have to make my own map with graph paper and a pencil
Yes.
>>
All you have to know is the path from the entrance to Murphy's Ghost and the path from the entrance to the elevator.
>>
>>3803201
Download the maps if you don't like mapping the game by yourself. The game is hard enough even with the maps.
>>
How much have you mapped so far?
I found you get used to it relatively quickly and there's a bunch of advantages to mapping manually instead of relying on automaps.
You can also use mapping software.
>>
>>3803201
Enjoy Malor-ing into wall without a map.
>>
>>3803275
I believe that can't happen. There's no massive rock in 1 lest you try to teleport below level 9.
>>
>>3803289
I don't remember but dosen't inputting x,y coordinates that exceed the dungeon also result in death? Without a map telling him the width/length he would die.
>>
>>3803313
The Dumapic spell tells you your current coordinates.
>>
>>3803201
Why even play this game if you don't like mapping?
It's a central part of the experience.
>>
>>3803313
Yes.
If you teleport above ground you will plunge into the town were you can be resurrected.
>>
>>3803338

It's not so much that I don't like mapping. It's just that I don't enjoy the idea of doing it with a paper and pencil.

I love Etrian Odyssey because you can just draw the map right there on the lower screen. It's convenient.

But, I guess I'll buckle down and use a pen and paper. Doesn't seem like there's another good option really
>>
>>3803251
Bullshit the fun is in the mapping, otherwise it's just grinding.
>>
>>3803443
If you don't want to map play the SNES version.

>>3803336
I love how the spell is called dumapic but doesn't give you a pic of the map on the original.
>>
>>3803404
How can one "leave the cemetary" when you'rrrre dead?
>>
>>3803476
So you can kill another party.
>>
>>3803470

>If you don't want to map play the SNES version.

Oh, I see. Right now I'm playing the Game Boy Color version. But I'm right at the beginning so I don't mind restarting on a different version.
>>
File: A FUCKING DINK.png (12KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING DINK.png
12KB, 256x224px
>this kills the twink
>>
>>3803520
The dumapic spell now gives you the map, instead of the coordinates (you can change that in options I think, don't remember).
>>
File: bgb00111.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
bgb00111.png
3KB, 160x144px
>>3803713
In the SFC and GBC version you can choose between coordinates and map for DUMAPIC. You also get an option to use the hide command from Wizardry 5 which makes thieves less of a dead weight.
PS1 and Saturn have a separate button for the optional automap.
The Windows version has it in constant sight.
>>
Use a computer mapping program instead of paper
>>
>>3803637
A Dink is needed to kill the final boss in WIzardry 4.
>>
>>3803776
I know
>>
>>3803776
Look at the name of the party leader. It's the canon name for the guy that killed Werdna in WizI and is the boss of WizIV
>>
>>3803798
It's the alter ego of Roe R. Adams. He's also in Ultima.
>>
>>3803808
>He's also in Ultima.
Let me guess. He's the timelord, isn't he.
>>
>>3803814
Nope. He's the sage in Lord British' castle that you consult for finding out about your ethics scores. I think in U7 he's the only magic-user that has enough un-scrambled brains to tell you why magic was recently fucked-up.
>>
>>3804573
The seer is the timelord.
>>
>>3803637
Nah, you still haven't ordered sushi.
>>
>>3803201
Where's your sense of adventure, fool.
>>
What's the best non-console version of the Wizardry saga? Heart of The Maelstrom for DOS seems too... minimalistic for my taste, but I'd much rather play it with the keyboard hotkeys than with a Sufami controller.
>>
>>3809369
FM Towns for 5. It has all the classic controls etc but high quality artwork and CD audio.
For 1-4 the PC98 might be the best available option. There was a Windows 9x release that even got a translation patch but nobody seems to have it any more.
>>
>>3803215
Hehe
>>
>>3809404
Nice, thanks bruv. Hope you can turn that auto map off. I wanna reuse some of the maps i graphed.
>>
Are the SNES versions any good?
>>
>>3809817
The SFC ports are fine. No real reason to play the censored US release of 5.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.