[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't into video games anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1485308349789.jpg (19KB, 326x294px) Image search: [Google]
1485308349789.jpg
19KB, 326x294px
Hey /vr/ I absolutely love video games, but it's hard for me to sit down and actually play one. I noticed my problem a couple years ago. I list slowly gotten worse. I mean if I force myself I can usually get into a game and feel the joy I used too, but it's rare that I try, despite wanting to play numerous games I haven't played yet!

Does anybody else have this problem or should I just kill myself?
>>
>>3802668
You need to find a way to focus more on particular games.

>Read vintage gaming magazines and rediscover a game you'd forgotten wanting to play real bad
>Dig more deeply into your favorite genres of games for more obscure examples that you might particularly enjoy
>Learn how to know the point at which you've really seen what a game has to offer and don't allow yourself to drop one you've chosen before that point
>Consider buying real physical games or even just repros at a modest rate, maybe one every time you get paid and play only that game until next time
>>
File: 1369368643923.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1369368643923.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>3802668
Stop being sad, anon. Stop it.
>>
>>3802678
Hmm I haven't bought a retro game for a long time and sold all my old systems... perhaps this could work. I've already done the obscure thing...

I want to play the resident evil code veronicas. How cheap is it to buy them plus a ps2 or whatever system they are on. I'm a broke fag!
>>
>>3802693
Only if you play secret of mana with me!
>>
>>3802696
>I'm a broke fag!
You can play the Gamecube port of Code Veronica on a Wii... um, illegally.
>>
>>3802697
Okay, but I get to play Popoi.
>>
>>3802668
Share video games with people. Or hack.
>>
You don't have to play video games anon. Do what excites it. Don't worry about your attachment to video games. Let go what is causing you distress, you will be happier for it.
>>
>>3802701
Uhh OK I have a black wii, but running gc games from SD kinda sucks. Should I buy a cheap white wii and burn a disc? Will that help loading games? Cause when I play boulders gate dark alliance it loads terrain so shottily it's unplayable!
>>
Take a break from gaming for a few months, OP. The brain enjoys new challenges. Start reading more books or take up a different hobby.
>>
>>3802696
>I want to play the resident evil code veronicas.

Oh man, I remember hearing that Code Veronica was gonna be a Dreamcast exclusive shortly after I got a Dreamcast. RE2 was one of my GOAT games, and I was so fucking excited. I still remember the day I was in Best Buy and saw it finally sitting on the shelf. I begged my mom to buy it and went home and played the shit out of it. I love that game so much.
>>
>>3802749
Huh? Are you doing something wrong? I played Baldur's Gate the other day. I've played GC and Wii games from USB many times, and it's much faster than loading from disc.
>>
>>3802705
Are there any emulators on android that have net ply like options. I don't have a computer where I'm at. For about a month, but I'm always looking to play multi games. my shity friends only want to play cod or some other fps and I really can't play those anymore.. I'm just so burned out on fps multis!
>>
>>3802710
I hack. That's not my problem
>>
>>3802758
What. I don't know. Maybe. I us an SD card... should I use a USB stick?
>>
>>3802753
OK OK damn!>>3802752
>>3802752
I have taken breaks, it does help. I read sci-fi often (Harlon Ellison is boss, but I have many books). I draw and play guitar as other hobbies. How long do I need to stop. I'm not getting any younger
>>
>>3802761
Try USB and see if there's any improvement. Speeds vary between devices. Although Baldur's Gate was sort of notorious for being a bad port, so keep that in mind.

>>3802759
Android netplay, huh? I haven't used emulators on my phone. I barely use it for gaming.
>>
>have large collection of games
>just play World of Warcraft all day
Kill
Me
>>
>>3802785
FOR THE ALLIANCE!
>>
>>3802785
Don't you have to pay a sub to play wow, yeah not my pint of beer.
>>
>>3802773
Then I can't play with you anon. At least right now! I will try USB but I'll have to wait a while I'm not at my house I'm visiting relatives. But I'm bored as fuck stuck on a ranch for the next couple weeks or months that or however long they need my help.
>>
File: 1484917274721.png (56KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1484917274721.png
56KB, 370x370px
Divorce your wife. Seriously. Bitch thought emotional rhetoric would hold up in court and negate our prenup. Guess who's playing Waku Waku 7 with the kids right now.
>>
>>3802804
Tch, I'd love to be on a ranch right now. You should feel lucky! It's cozy. Take a break from tech for a while. Ride horses. Might even be somewhere to go hiking. Buuut if you really want, I'll play something with you on Android. I've been looking into it, and it looks like most of the Android emulator netplay is local (bluetooth or wifi). I'm not sure what multiplayer games there are, and they most certainly aren't /vr/. I think the Terraria port has multiplayer. Then when you get home, I'd be happy to netplay Secret of Mana with you. Which is just a fantastic game. I dressed up as the boy for halloween when I was little. Mom helped with the outfit. I had a little purple bandana. So cute.
>>
>>3802825
I've worked on ranches my whole life... it's great but I'm literally stuck inbetween other people's property I can't go walking on a nature hike in fear of getting shot by redneck fucks. Have you never been out this far? I was exaggerating a little. It's just at night like right now, u can get stir crazy and no I'm not going out at night there's fucking coyotes everywhere!

Umm I could do some research and see if there are some cool multi games on android but I was hoping there would be an emulator that could do multi?.?.?.
>>
>>3802825
Also that's a fucking legit holloween costume ur mom must be awesome.
>>
File: 1487220856915.png (599KB, 605x453px) Image search: [Google]
1487220856915.png
599KB, 605x453px
>>3802815
My wife.... my wife. My life my wife, what's a wife without a knife. Knife life wife Johnny fife. Wife and waffles awful waffles with my knife I kick a wife and have no life. Where's the wife. I have NO wife.
>>
>>3802668
I had a similar problem up until recently and have just decided to focus on a small number of games at a time. Generally a platformers/action game along with an RPG or more serious game so that when I get bored of one I switch to the other. Also the platformers ar a lot shorter to complete so I get a sense of achievement when I do it. Before I was playing like 4 RPGs at once and would feel I was getting nowhere in them so just ended up not finishing any of them. So basically just focus more on one or two games until you either beat them or decide you don't want to complete them.
>>
>>3803025
Wow, that's actually insightful. I don't play many platforms anymore, but the last game I finished was strider 2. And I felt good and it spurred a long dormant energy to play and finish another game, but it was super ghosts and goblins. I didn't finish it! I got really bent out of shape and stopped trying to beat it. Hmm maybe I need to find an easier game to boost my famine confidence!!!
>>
>>3802668
An hero before the parkinsons gets so bad you can't pull the trigger gramps.
>>
Seems nowadays I have to be stoned or buzzed off a few beers to derive any enjoyment from vidya
>>
>>3802753
I actually played an import copy before the US release. Dreamcast importing was very popular so you could actually get used Japanese games pretty cheap.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.