[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think? I was considering one so I could play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

What do you guys think?

I was considering one so I could play my old PS1 RPGs in my barracks room.
>>
>>3802398
I think you'll get robbed.
>>
Considering the same thing for going on a boat
>>
>>3802398
Just us ur phone and buy a bt controller. Emulation is a thing.

Barracks, shit nigga don't bring a psx to the military. Why the fuck join the military, just stay home and play vidya.

Why kill people for political retardation?
>>
OP, I have one, and I actually really enjoy it. If you can find a carrying case for the whole unit, it's even better. It's really handy if you don't have a lot of space to work with. When my first PS1 died some years back, that's how I replaced it, and I didn't (and still don't) regret it. Still play Monster Rancher 2 on it now and then even.
>>
>>3802398
Use a PSP, PSP Go for docking + Dualshock, or Vita.
>>
>>3802514
>kill people
I don't want to get into a military discussion, but there's a lot of roles in the military aside from combat. Personally I'm here to interview people.

>>3802521
I'm going to look into this. Thanks.
>>
Yeah I'd recommend a tablet + controller or a PSP.

You have a laptop, right? PS1 emulation is quite good on computers.
>>
I want one really bad but I have a fat PS1. There are lots of portable TVs nowadays though.

>>3802514
>Barracks, shit nigga don't bring a psx to the military. Why the fuck join the military, just stay home and play vidya.

Enhanced interrogation, force the captured enemy to watch you play Bubsy 3D until he gives up information
>>
>>3802521

This, PS1 is fine for the novelty, if you do get one get a first party screen, I've had this wonky Redant 3rd party screen for years but I got a first party one in a thrift store awhile back and its so much better

But yeah, PSP/Vita is perfectly fine for PS1 emulation
>>
>>3802625

This. But that's not "enhanced interrogation", that's psychological torture...I think Bubsy 3d and Neverhood were banned by the geneva convention as war crimes
>>
>>3802398
I have one and it gets used quite a bit. Might not be the best solution in your situation though. A tablet with a similar sized screen would be more flexible and take up less space.
>>
>>3802398
I freaking loved this damn thing back in the day, but like all Sony products the reliability is pretty low.
>>
>>3802398
To be honest, I'd say get one, but not for the barracks. I dunno about you, but I'd rather not let other people see me game. Sets a precedent. Most people aside from my immediate family and my friends know I'm into retro consoles, and they come over and hang out and we'll play, but to anyone else I'm just your average run-of-the-mill company man. I like to have a drink here and there, I listen to a lot of Joe Satriani, and I don't bother anyone.

Just a piece of advice, though.
>>
>>3803183
Fuck, I meant to say "Don't know". I can't type tonight.
>>
>>3803183
you're fuckin weird bro
>>3802398
go for it, they work well. you can hack a psp go and have a portable + tv system with a controller.
>>
>>3803194
Most people think the Joe Satriani bit is pretty strange, but for a guy in his 30's they usually just thinks its nice I've got something I like. They normally just take that as my hobby and move on.

I just don't talk about games with people. On 4chan I'm more than happy to, but that's because we can have discussion here of something more than "Yeah that game was rad." At the end of a long work day, most people have the depth of a puddle, so why bother talking to them about anything?
>>
>>3803213
I'm exactly the same way. Retro games is my little secret. Only my girlfriend knows. And we've been together five years.
>>
>>3803213
you're fuckin weird bro
>>
>>3802398
I use mine all the time.

Make sure the hinges are good, or bring something to prop it up.
>>
Hacked PSP, Vita or PSTV
>>
You based in San Diego?
>>
>>3803213
>>3803242
Am I missing some sort of joke here? Are retro games not cool to like?
>>
>>3805231
It's another episode in "hide your powerlevel" series.
My favorite episodes are follow-ups "just don't be an annoying sperg about it" and "avoid assholes". And filler episode "don't talk about your hobbies with crazy fanatics".
>>
>>3805231
I don't know how old you are but I'm 29 and my friends and coworkers would see it the same way as coin collecting or having a doll house.
>>
>>3802398
I've always wanted this.

now I can kinda' have something similar with the switch coming soon.
>>
>>3802398
>uniroincally working for the military

>wasting my tax dollars

Thank you for your "service"
>>
>>3802637
Vita can be used for emulation now? Shiiit time to dust it off.
>>
>>3805548
3.60 firmware. Google "henkaku"
>>
>>3802398
I have one. In fact, I play it all the time. I just lay in bed and play games with the thing on my chest. When I go on business trips, I bring it with me to the hotels and order pizza, watch tv, and play that thing. It has a headphone jack too. It makes nearly all games look pretty good.
>>
Just use a psp go, install cfw
>>
>>3805548
It's pretty shit, there isn't cfw like the psp had yet anyways
>>
>>3806237
You're taking the board rules a bit too seriously. You don't have to pretend it's 1999 and CFW doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.