[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Growing up in the 80s, was your house more like the top image

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: vr_80slivingroom.jpg (364KB, 1280x1396px) Image search: [Google]
vr_80slivingroom.jpg
364KB, 1280x1396px
Growing up in the 80s, was your house more like the top image (dark paneling, bronze statues) or were you blessed with the divine whiteness of new style (pastels, light furniture)?
>>
My shit was still stuck in the 70s and had a lot of wood paneling and it was tight
>>
I lived in a goddamn trailer until 96.
>>
>>3801412
>I'm not saying that it's Parkinson, but it is Parkinson
>>
I hate white and pastel decor so fucking much. Feels so fake and artificial, usually matching the personalities of the people who prefer it.
>>
>>3801412
The house my family lived in during the 80s was built in the 15th century, so neither.
>>
Darkness. It was the 70s in my old house until the mid 90s when we moved. At that point we luckily skipped that bright 80s decor period...And went with 90s country home. :P
>>
I was born in 96
>>
File: kousaicover.jpg (352KB, 508x789px) Image search: [Google]
kousaicover.jpg
352KB, 508x789px
Where's the vidya?

Anyway, my house looked like the room in pic related. I guess it was more on the dark/baroque side of things.
>>
File: a gaggle of wassilys.jpg (28KB, 345x200px) Image search: [Google]
a gaggle of wassilys.jpg
28KB, 345x200px
I grew up in the 90s but my house made me feel like I grew up in the 30s.
>>
>>3801412
Top, for sure. Walls were always darker than in BttF. White walls like that were what we painted the rental properties.
>>
my house was built in the 70's with wood panelling, bronze shit on the walls, olive green apliances and old grandmaw afgans thrown across the couch like in the top pic. mom remodelled in 2005 and threw out all the good shit and now it's all drywall and modern rubbish :(
>>
>>3801449
This. My parents house outside of an appliance or two was stuck in the 70s. Matter of fact it still mostly is.
>>
>>3801412
not vidya but that blanket draped over the chair in the top image is on my legs as i type this. neat
>>
>>3801412
I lived in a motel because my dad was the manager and was required to stay on site. The carpet was bright fucking orange and my mom had a ton of cats and it reeked of litter boxes. I would have killed for the top house. At least it would've been an actual house.
>>
>>3802029
Damn based sculpture garden. Where is that?
>>
>>3801412
More like the top one.
>>
File: 1479299786292.png (183KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1479299786292.png
183KB, 500x666px
>>3801412
None because I was poor. We didn't even have a bathroom until I was 9 or so.
>>
like #2 but black and tint glass with splash pattern couches.
>>
>>3803238
wat

What did you use?
>>
>>3803630
>What did you use?

For what? If you mean piss and shit, then just the forest for piss, for shit there was some sort of a rock in a little cliff, close to the house. Sounds weird, I know
>>
>>3801412
Sorry but I really don't see how it's related to vidya
>>
>>3803756
>>3802238
>>3801412

OP forgot the part where he's supposed to say post pictures of you playing vidya growing up
>>
>>3803747
A better question might be what country did you live in?
>>
>>3801412
Top image but with some remnants of the 70s here and there.
>>
>>3801412
At the old folks condo where my grandma lives in Florida there's a guest room that's basically the bottom pic. Still has CRTs and an NES hooked up in the living room with a shitload of games. Lots of travel magazines from the 90s sitting around. It's like a time capsule.
>>
Our living room had orange tinted lights.
>>
>>3803784
Spain, why?
>>
There's not many people who have the cash to redecorate their entire house every few years.

Besides, the bottom pic looks like a real estate photo, not somewhere that people actually live.
>>
>>3803819
Sounds more like the environment you'd see in the Phillipines or Venezuela. I'm sorry anon.
>>
#2 but just a little more "normal" furniture because this >>3801469
>>
File: 1980s-HeMan-Thundercats-01.jpg (149KB, 1285x870px) Image search: [Google]
1980s-HeMan-Thundercats-01.jpg
149KB, 1285x870px
People lived in the fuckin kitchen for the most part man. Ate together, did homework at the table, et c.
Yeah, a lot of people had places that were still pretty 70s, like orange or green shag carpet and dark paneling and to be honest, while that looks bad in photos, it's nice to live in. Here, have a photo of my Thundercats and HeMan shit in one of the apartments we had.
>>
Here is a video about how politics and post-modernism destroyed the american family, where the kitchen starts in the 40s and at the end is a postmodern 1990 hellscape.
People tend to forget just how fucking bleak the late 80s actually felt, because we focus on kids so much, and their neon shit.
Adults and teens were fucking gothic and brutal in style then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
>>
>>3802002
Get out!
>>
>>3803857
I have to wonder why those kinds of carpets ever became popular.
>>
>>3804032
they feel good on the feet
>>
I grew up in the 2000s in Florida so I had that Stucco-core look going.
>>
File: Selfie.png (453KB, 832x832px) Image search: [Google]
Selfie.png
453KB, 832x832px
>>3801412

kek
>>
>>3803747

you didn't have money for a shitting bucket? What the hell...

shouldn't have spent all that cash on that sega console...
>>
>>3804032
quaaludes
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.