[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daggerfall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 22

File: 2.gif (46KB, 288x363px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
46KB, 288x363px
So what does /vr/ think about this game? I notice the opinion on this game is pretty divided.

I've been playing it, is there any interesting locations to go to, /vr/?
>>
>>3801313
Great game. Glitchy and broken but it's Bethesda so that goes without saying. If you haven't already made it to Daggerfall, I'd recommend hanging around Gothway Gardens for a while. It's immediately south of the Privateer's Hold (within a couple minutes' walking distance actually) and has some good shops - both high-end ones to buy really good things and an extremely low-end one to buy cheaply and sell things for high prices - plus both a Fighters' Guild and a Mages' Guild.

Also, when you get the letter from Brisienna, you should take it seriously and try to get there in a reasonably timely fashion. If you're already in a quest when you get it you should finish the quest first, but just make sure you meet with Brisienna within a month or so of getting the letter.

She's not messing around when she says it's urgent. She will leave if you take too long, and then you'll be locked out of the main quest. And the main quest is actually really good. The game has a pretty good story; fairly complex, very grey-vs-grey, interesting characters and lore, it starts off as gritty Fantasy medieval political intrigue - sort of like Game of Thrones before Game of Thrones almost - but then it starts to get weird and Kirkbridian toward the end, and it has many ways to go about completing it. You can align yourself with any of the major players in Iliac politics or the people involved in the business you were sent there for (the matters concerning Lysandus, his death, and the letter).

The game has several different endings, too; one for each of the factions, and one for yourself. That sounds awkward and poorly phrased, but it's about the most spoiler-free way I can put it.
>>
>>3801356

How does the dialog system work for the main quest? I notice that every character has the same amount of dialog options and is essentially a walking dictionary, and new topics only come up when I'm in a quest.

Do I have to be at level 5 to start the main quests for the various regional powers? I notice it takes longer to level than the other games, I'm at level 2 on a new character. My first character was a battlemage and he was stuck at level 1 even though I played on him for like 10 hours.

Also, what's the point of all the 44 provinces? Do they each have their own lore and background? If so, where can I read it?
>>
>>3801364
>How does the dialog system work for the main quest? I notice that every character has the same amount of dialog options and is essentially a walking dictionary, and new topics only come up when I'm in a quest.
Generally speaking, when you talk to important characters you just get a message window, one of those yellow scrolls that pop up on-screen, occasionally with multiple options to choose (though not always).

IIRC though, some important characters do have the standard dialogue window, but with fewer things you can ask them about.

>Do I have to be at level 5 to start the main quests for the various regional powers?
There is a level requirement, yeah. I can't remember what it is though. Might be as low as 3 or 4.

>I notice it takes longer to level than the other games, I'm at level 2 on a new character. My first character was a battlemage and he was stuck at level 1 even though I played on him for like 10 hours.
It depends on the difficulty slider. Depending on your class's Advantages, Disadvantages, and Max HP/level, plus what you set the Reflex to (the faster you set it to, the faster you level up). Also, keep in mind that you have to rest or fast-travel to level up, and that the skills that determine it are your class skills - your Primary, Major, and Minor skills.

If you're a mage, I'd recommend joining the Mages' Guild and making some training spells, and practice magic skills by repeatedly readying and then cancelling the spells. Here's what you should make:

Training 1
>Light, Free Action, Water Walking, Slowfalling
>Set range to "Touch"
>Set Duration, Chance, and Magnitude to 1+1 per 2 levels

Training 2
>Damage Health, Silence
>Set range to "Touch"
>Set Duration, Chance, and Magnitude to 1+1 per 2 levels

It's not necessary, especially if you set reflexes to Fast/Very Fast, but it is helpful. That said, the most important thing for success is good equipment (or spells if you're a mage). You can use your time underleveled to get resources.
>>
>>3801414
>>3801364
>Also, what's the point of all the 44 provinces? Do they each have their own lore and background? If so, where can I read it?
Well they each have their own rulers/ruling dynasties, capitals*, etc., they each have their own patron deity (whose shrines/temples/holy sites are most common in them), they each track things like reputation, debts, loans, and bounties separately, so you can be a beloved hero who gets to stay free at any inn in one kingdom, but an outlaw who's attacked on sight by the guards in the next). Most of them have some lore or background, even if it's not more than a few paragraphs in some books. Some kingdoms/territories are just sort of there, or are too insignificant to detail in the lore.

You can learn it mostly by reading books, and to a much lesser extent by talking to people and doing quests. The ones involved in the main quest are fairly developed and fleshed out, especially the big three (Daggerfall, Wayrest, and Sentinel), but some lesser ones like Anticlere have a decent amount of background too.

*Except maybe really wild areas like the Dragontail and Wrothgarian Mountains. I don't think they have capitals. And I think I remember one or two states that are either wild or completely wrecked.
>>
>>3801440
Oh, also, all the even semi-important kingdoms have their own knightly orders (except Orsinium obviously). You can only join one knightly order and one temple. Each temple has its own benefits, depending on the deity, and knightly orders offer improved reputation and free stays at any inn in their specific region (i.e. Knights of the Dragon (the order that serves the royal family of Daggerfall) can sleep for free at any inn in the kingdom of Daggerfall, but not in, say, neighboring Glenpoint or Illesan Hills or anywhere else since no one there gives a fuck about the Knights of the Dragon).
>>
>>3801440

Why isn't the Wrothgarian Mountains important? I know they have the end dungeon, but they seem like an interesting location to me especially with how big they are.
>>
>>3801470
Well I didn't say the Wrothgarian Mountains aren't important. But it's a big wild mountain range infested with (IIRC) giants and spriggans. I was just saying I don't think they have a capital.

Though now that I think of it, they do, it's Wrothgaria. It's just that the capital and the ruler aren't really important. The Wrothgarian Mountains are mostly a giant wilderness, and the important stuff there is well outside of the cities.

Oh, that reminds me. There are also hidden witch covens in the wilderness, in certain regions. But you don't need to worry about those.
>>
I started playing Daggerfall a few months ago.

The concept/lore of it all seems really interesting, but actually playing the game is kind of a drag. I do really appreciate the deeper roleplaying elements and I wish a lot of them were in the later games.

Basically I got out of the Privateer's Hold, explored a few towns and just gave up.

I guess it's just not for me.
>>
>>3801485
Did you know about fast travel? I'm just asking because I've seen cases where people didn't know that was an option and (obviously) found the game unplayable.

It can be kind of fun to go without fast traveling for a little bit, especially if you're in a region with different or unusually interesting terrain (especially the Wrothgarian and Dragontail Mountains), and there are some hidden things that you can find on foot, but you basically need to use fast travel most of the time or you will die of boredom.
>>
>>3801496

so what would you say are specifically fun locations? A big problem I think with Daggerfall is that too many of the actual towns look the same to me. Are there any cool towers or something that make use of the 3d engine besides dungeons?
>>
>>3801496
Yeah I knew about fast travel, which I kind of dislike in Elder Scrolls games desu. The adventure of traveling on foot in ES games is really fun for me.

And I agree with this Anon >>3801515

A lot of the locations I went to were really samey and dull, which I don't blame the game for because it's a massive world. But it did get pretty boring.
>>
>>3801515
Well off the top of my head there is the Direnni Tower, which is cool, and there are certain inns, such as The Rusty Ogre Lodge in Daggerfall, that have full daedric equipment hidden away. And you can find things like hidden witches covens in certain places in the wilderness.

But yeah, while the important areas, the regional capitals, and the main quest dungeons, were all made by hand, the unimportant areas were mostly procedurally generated using assets from the important ones, so they do mostly look the same and you can ignore like 95% of them unless you're told you need to go there. That is definitely a problem with the game. But tbf there's a lot of stuff so that's basically unavoidable.
>>
bumpo
>>
File: DaggerfallTITL00I0-2.png (86KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
DaggerfallTITL00I0-2.png
86KB, 960x600px
>>3801313
Does anyone here know where I can find a version of pic related with higher resolution?

It's an unused box art. I like it more than the one with the Underking, since it emanates adventure and mystery. The Underking box cover is just edgy.
>>
>>3801313
I never did any questing in this game, but the first time I played it I got lost going north all the way then stopped playing. Snow music is some of the best though.

https://soundcloud.com/kannibalizer/the-edler-scrolls-daggerfall-snowing-arachno
>>
To be completely honest, Daggerfall was always my fav TES game, despite how empty it could feel at times.

I never saw the repetetivity as a serious flaw. Instead of getting annoyed at seeing the same dungeon modules several times, it's fun to familiarise yourself with them entirely and then get surprised to find them in unexpected places. The module system doesn't take away the excitement for me.

Seeing those vast 3D cityscapes pass by as you rode throught the bigger cities felt almost magical. Especially the main avenue in Daggerfall city felt really cool, with all those huge buildings towering over the streets. I missed the diverse cast of beggars and prostitutes from the city streets in Arena, as Daggerfalls cities only had those almost identical random citizens milling around everywhere. But still, I liked exploring those 3D cityscapes, as repetitive as they were.
>>
File: covers.jpg (126KB, 718x467px) Image search: [Google]
covers.jpg
126KB, 718x467px
>>3803439
wait. which one?
>>
>>3803675
I didn't know there were that many.

The one on the upper right corner was the one I was talking about. Although the one to the left of it looks pretty cool too. Do you have them? Please post them if you do.
>>
File: cover.png (1MB, 748x960px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
1MB, 748x960px
>>3803693
Here's the one left of it. Still searching for the other one on my hdd
>>
File: Daggerfall.png (215KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
Daggerfall.png
215KB, 312x400px
Sadly I can't get a better version done
>>
>>3803718
No problem, it still looks better than the one I had. Is it a vectorised version of the same pic?

>>3803696
This one is aesthetic as fuck. The only thing dragging it down is the stupid "dragon mouth" on the D.

Also, if it wouldn't take too much time or effort, could you perhaps dump the other ones in the thread, as well? I'm talking mainly about the four covers on the left side of >>3803675

I haven't seen them elsewhere, so I assume they're pretty rare.

In any case, thank you for the ones you posted.
>>
>>3803730
Not vectorized, but upscaled with waifu2x, a thingy designed for enhancing anime footage, but usually works well with any kind of drawing or painting.

I'll see what I can do regarding the other covers...
>>
Another one
>>
File: Jan1995Daggerfall1024.jpg (188KB, 1024x1390px) Image search: [Google]
Jan1995Daggerfall1024.jpg
188KB, 1024x1390px
Sorry for the ugly quality of this one
>>
File: DaggerfallDevTeam.jpg (71KB, 586x464px) Image search: [Google]
DaggerfallDevTeam.jpg
71KB, 586x464px
The almost final version of the black cover, I assembled from the Daggerfall poster scans and the older black cover, dunno right now where I got the files.
For the other cover I'm still trying to figure out where I got the digital version. I know it existed as print on the wall at Bethesda's office... (see pic)
>>
>>3803780
I really appreciate it.

By the way, looking closer, I see that all the ones you posted are enhanced in some way. Do you still have the pics in their original sizes? Especially these:
>>3803761
>>3803696

You've already been a great help, and I don't want to nitpick, it's just that I want the most genuine versions of those pics.
>>
File: cgwjan1995_1.jpg (245KB, 1129x1564px) Image search: [Google]
cgwjan1995_1.jpg
245KB, 1129x1564px
>>3803795
1/3 for the Jan1995 cover
>>
File: cgwjan1995_2.jpg (296KB, 1129x1564px) Image search: [Google]
cgwjan1995_2.jpg
296KB, 1129x1564px
>>3803795
2/3
>>
File: cgwjan1995_3.jpg (303KB, 1129x1564px) Image search: [Google]
cgwjan1995_3.jpg
303KB, 1129x1564px
>>3803795
3/3
>>
File: dagboxc.gif (196KB, 550x757px) Image search: [Google]
dagboxc.gif
196KB, 550x757px
>>3803795
>>
File: title.gif (176KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
title.gif
176KB, 640x480px
>>
File: DAGG_01.png (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DAGG_01.png
44KB, 640x480px
Happy?
>>
File: DaggerfallTITL00I0.png (53KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
DaggerfallTITL00I0.png
53KB, 320x200px
>>
>>3803823
I am. You really spoiled me with all these covers.

Thanks!
>>
>>3803834
Well, I guess its kinda my duty to provide that stuff. I wrote making ofs for daggerfall and arena (for the df one I had a partner, the arena one I did alone), and I provided the internet with the "october demo" and I was the one who managed to identify the recording from winter CES 1995 that was on a cd at abandonware-magazines.org, as the long lost "CES 1995 Cinematic" and uploaded it to youtube. Also I discovered "the elder scrolls V: romanelli" and much more...
>>
>>3803838
That's impressive.

In any case, you're a goldmine of rare DF content. I'm gonna need a folder for these.

Once again, thank you. I would never have found these on my own.
>>
I want to ask a question about Daggerfall.

How do I level up? I've been stuck at level 2 for about half a week even though I've leveled up long blade a lot and have gotten running leveled up a lot too.

It says on the wiki I need to raise all primary, 2 biggest major, biggest minor, and biggest misc. by 15 points. Is that 15 points for each skill individually or collectively? What if I already increased one major skill like Long Blade by 15 already?

The leveling system is confusing to me.
>>
>>3805058
You have to either sleep or fast-travel. Waiting might work too.
>>
>>3805498
>>3805498

I've been constantly sleeping and fast travelling
>>
>>3805058
>>3805638
Oh I didn't notice the rest. It is 15 points collectively, yeah. Not 15 points in a specific skill, you just have to have raised any number or combination of class skills to a sum total of 15.

If you've raised your skills that much and you've been resting, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be leveling up. Maybe the game glitched.
>>
File: daggerfall prerelease.png (74KB, 642x399px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall prerelease.png
74KB, 642x399px
If there's anything I really hate about Daggerfall, it's how they utterly ruined the wilderness. Instead of the Arena wilderness, where you could follow roads and discover villages and dungeons and shit, we got a large empty mess of RNG'd terrain where nothing happened. You didn't even get ambushed during daytime in the Daggerfall wilderness. It was an uninteresting place to be avoided.

Pic related. If the wilderness in Daggerfall had actually looked like this, with buildings scattered in the terrain, roads etc, then Daggerfall would have easily been the best open world game in history.
>>
>>3807339
I can't believe they didn't include guards riding horses in the game
>>
>>3806765

So I have to restart the game again?
>>
Alright, running is my highest misc skill. I have up to like 40%, and my long blade is like 50% (even though I invested a bit into that one at the start of the game).

Is the leveling system for me broken? How did this happen, How do I fix it?
>>
Daggerfall had some great unused OST tracks:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsfgaqDZUQg

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wehp5iNoOQM

A shame they didn't make it into the game.
>>
Is Arena any good?
>>
Still waiting for Daggerfall Unity
http://www.dfworkshop.net/
>>
>>3801356
Interesting when someone mentions TES intrigue at the same time as GoT. I'm sure the TES writers stole huge chunks of GoT in more than one game.
>>
>>3809789
>original sound track tracks
>>
>>3801313
It's both amazing and terrible at the same time.
>>
>>3812523
That's why it's my favorite game, because it reminds me of myself. There's a lot of frustration, regret, seemingly inescapable corridors... but high points too, like taking out a lot of debt that I know I'll never pay back, and experiencing fast travel through the magic of alcohol.
>>
>>3801440
Is there any real reason to worship one god over another?
>>
>>3812921
Different temples have different benefits. For instance, off the top of my head, Julianos has a weapon enchanting service, Mara(I think? Might also be Dibella) gives you a PER bonus when talking to the opposite sex, Stendarr (I think?) gives you a chance to survive damage that would normally reduce your health to 0, etc. There are a lot more - each temple has several benefits, some of which only become available as you advance in rank.
>>
>>3811750
Their alpha is really impressive.

>>3811729
It tends to feel more "alive" than Daggerfall.

Apart from all the generic "pedestrians" you find in the city, there are also characters with special sprites, standing still like the characters inside the houses in Daggerfall. When you walk in the wilderness, you'll get ambushed regardless of the time of the day, and if you walk city streets at night, you'll also get ambushed by the occational bandit or beast.

Unlike Daggerfall, the countryside in Arena has lots of roads leading to locations that aren't marked on your world map. This gives the game a strong feeling of discovery, since you can't know for sure what you'll find when taking a stroll outside.

The main difference between the games is probably that Arena has an entirely 2d game map. Instead of the exteemely complex and confusing 3d dungeons in Daggerfall, you'll have far simpler, and flat dungeons.

Personally, I enjoy Daggerfall a lot more than arena, mostly because the addition of 3d environments and the improved graphics make the locations appear more diverse. Still, a lot of good things from Arena were lost. Daggerfall could have been so much better.
>>
>>3807339
Well, actually, you do get attacked in the wilderness during the day. How frequent it is depends on the region I think. Like, traveling through the Wrothgarian Mountains, I was getting jumped pretty frequently by orcs, giants, nymphs, and the occasional bandit, bear, and spriggan. Whereas, say, the Daggerfall region, you still do get attacked, just not that often. Perhaps once a day, or once every few days.

The rest is correct though. It's really a damn shame how much they cut out. It could've been the best game of all time if Bethesda didn't Bethesda. The amount of wasted potential is just criminal.
>>
>>3801313

First PC gamer I ever met tried desperately to love this shit. I couldn't get over the clunky as fuck controls and fending off stupid rats in the first five minutes.
>>
File: daggerfall controls.jpg (60KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall controls.jpg
60KB, 600x375px
>>3813637
You can change the controls, you know. Turn cursor look (that's basically mouselook) on, and set the controls to something like this.
>>
File: IMG_1103x.jpg (218KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103x.jpg
218KB, 1024x768px
Enchanting is so ridiculously OP in this game.
>>
>>3813917
retro gayman on a CRT can't be beat
>>
What's the difference between grab mode and dialogue mode?

Both of them will let you to talk to npcs and pick up loot.
>>
>>3817107
Grabbing people is creepy if you have a low Personality score.
>>
File: a ship fit for kangz.png (165KB, 806x500px) Image search: [Google]
a ship fit for kangz.png
165KB, 806x500px
Exactly why should I get this ship instead of the smaller one?

Why is twice as expensive?
>>
>>3813279
Thanks for the detailed description, will check out Arena.
>>
>>3817607
there's not much reason to get a ship in the first place. it's just for fun (and speedrunning)
>>
>>3818081
Well, having a ship is more than useful.

>infinite storage space. unlike the cart, it won't make your shit go up in smoke.
>sleep anytime you want
>perfect place for training magic skills without getting disturbed

and of course:
>free travel

Plus, walking around the ship can be kinda comfy. Especially when it's misty and you hear that one track with the rolling waves.
>>
This game makes me horny for some reason.

It must be all the fat ass blonde women walking around.

Also I once stumbled on a nude chick on the ground in a random tavern...

lel how did I miss this game when I was 13?

My polygonal titties experience was Duke Nukem 3D
>>
File: dasdasg.jpg (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dasdasg.jpg
197KB, 1280x720px
Any news about this remake???
>>
File: sentinel from above.png (667KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel from above.png
667KB, 1366x768px
>>3819727
isn't that part of Daggerfall Unity? you can read all news from it on http://www.dfworkshop.net/

they have a really impressive alpha out already. pic related is how Sentinel looks with it. note the beautiful distant landscape.
>>
Are taverns useful for anyhting other than eating and sleeping?

and doesn anyone know if alcohol does anything?
>>
Why did the underking get to be on the box cover? He was such a marginal character, and IIRC, you never actually met him.
>>
>>3821285
Who knows
>>
>>3819856
No and no.
>>
>>3819839

Check the video.. is totally diferent,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXKa4H9_F-0&t=99s
>>
>>3823340
>"Daggerfall Unity"
>links to the page I directed you to in the description

also:
>this is just a test

I guess they ditched the excess stuff and decided to keep the original resources to a higher degree. In any case, it's the same as the one I posted.
>>
>>3801313
Never played it but I'm intrigued
>>
>>3824102
Give it a try. Bethesda distributes it freely on their website.
>>
>>3813279
is it actually impossible to walk from town to town in daggerfall, or would it just take an age?
>>
>>3827903
It's possible, just takes forever.
In fact there are some unmarked locations you can only reach by walking.
>>
>>3803751
edgy
>>
Now I wanna play it again. Fuck.

I miss my warrior who got killed in some dungeon. A half-dozen of... I think it was harpies, anyway a monster that need a good weapon, which I didn't have. I tried to run away but they got me. RIP my redheaded redguard.
>>
>>3828667
I think the reason I prefer Daggerfall over some of the newer TES is the difficulty level and less hand holding.

Morrowind is still the best TES IMO, if only it had more places to explore, and all the terrain didn't feel the exact same everywhere.
>>
>>3828953
I loved all the designs in Morrowind.

The shitty combat system ruined it, though. Extremely low hit rate, and even when you DID hit, the game didn't give any real feedback on it (except for the hit sound). The combat in Daggerfall and Arena, on the contrary, had great combat, at least with melee weapons (the spellcasters in DF who spontaneously threw everything they had at you, often blowing themselves up in the process, was pretty stupid).
>>
>>3828953
>if only it had more places to explore
You're in luck.
>>
>>3827948
anything interesting?
>>
>>3830286
More random dungeons, and witch covens. Maybe other things too. You'll occasionally find maps to the unmarked dungeons but I don't think any lead to the covens. To be cured of vampirism/lycanthropy you need to find one very specific coven in the middle of nowhere. I have no idea how anyone is supposed to find that without the uesp.
Once you've discovered an unmarked location it will appear as a black spot on the map.
>>
Also somewhat interesting, if you ever glitch through a wall, cast a levitation spell and fly around through the void. You'll notice every dungeon has large sections that aren't connected to the main dungeon in any way, each with its own monsters, loot and doorways that lead nowhere.
>>
>>3830337
>You'll occasionally find maps to the unmarked dungeons but I don't think any lead to the covens
IIRC, there's a noble quest that reveals a witch coven in the wilderness.

There are also numerous witch covens in the cities. They just look like ordinary residences, but when you talk to the person there, they'll turn out to be a witch.
>>
>>3830345
>Also somewhat interesting, if you ever glitch through a wall, cast a levitation spell and fly around through the void. You'll notice every dungeon has large sections that aren't connected to the main dungeon in any way, each with its own monsters, loot and doorways that lead nowhere.
Do quest items/monsters ever end up in those unreachable areas?
>>
File: 1425614033384.png (110KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1425614033384.png
110KB, 1600x1000px
>>
>>3813612
Funny you mentioned that, I walked from Nulfalga's home to the border of the Wrothgarian Mountains. Was a very boring journey, would not recommend, literally nothing happened. Took hours of real time.

Actually, this is why I prefer Arena. Daggerfall just felt like clustered areas of interesting stuff, but step outside and everything is dull and boring. Plus I miss Jagar Tharn yelling at me. That death cutscene playing over and over made Arena.
>>
>>3818319
Can anyone explain the practicality of getting a house over a ship? It always made more sense just to get a ship than hunt down where your house was in the random town you chose.
>>
>>3819495
You missed a bunch of other naked women sprites in that town, plus stripperella if you go to a temple. Plus you probably didn't do much water combat, so you missed the topless Lamia and full-nudity of the Nymph. Plus there is the Daedra Seductress :P
>>
>>3827903
Actually, maybe it was a glitch for me, but I could never walk from town to town. I would walk somewhere and could make it to where the town was, but it never would appear on my game world. I would make it to where the town was, then teleport to said town, which would take zero time at all due to being at it.

Has anyone who says they can make it from town to town actually tried, or do you just see the map position changing and assume it is? Did I experience some random glitch (not surprising, Daggerfall is a glitch)?
>>
>>3828953
Funny you say that, I found Daggerfall easy. Challenging was Arena. Now that was a struggle.
>>
>>3828970
One thing I didn't like about Arena was that enemies that got hit gave no clue as to why you couldn't hit them. Either your Agility was too low or you were using the wrong material, but you get zero clues about needing a better material. Daggerfall was at least nice in that regard.
>>
>>3821285
Isn't he in the final cutscene unless you give the Numidium to him?
>>
>>3831347
Houses are practically useless, but the fact that they, unlike the ships, have furniture, makes them comfier. They also have a certain roleplay value.
>>
>>3831371
For me, the biggest challenge in Daggerfall was in the late game, when you met increasingly powerful spellcasters, who could kill you in an instant if you lacked the right resistance/reflect/absorb magic.

Of course, once you got spells or items which offered that magic, the game immediately became extremely easy again.
>>
>>3831417
Spellcasters? Liches are pretty pathetic for the most part as they are apt to kill themselves. Battlemages are pretty rough, but also die after a few reloads. Now... a Vampire Ancient is nightmare inducing, I spent hours on practically every single one I encountered.
>>
>>3831836
I mostly meant late game battlemages (the early ones are pathetic) and vamp ancients.

Of course, they become really easy once you get a good resist/reflect/absorb magic spell.
>>
So what is the point of holiday's? Do they effect the gameplay? What do holidays like Jester's day do as far as the gameplay goes in it?
>>
>>3833065
Certain deadras can only be summoned on certain days.

I don't know for sure about anything else. I remember that the text message said once that temples offered free healing, but I never actually checked whether it worked in-game.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.