[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emulation on the PSP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I just dusted off my old PSP and would like to use it as an emulator again. It was the first console where I played Tales of Phantasia, and that section where the soundtrack actually has lyrics blew me away. Also first time i read that Arche fucks like a tiger. Good times.

So what are the good emulators? Is there any platform that's actually better for emulating in general, since PSP has native PS1 support? Any good games that I might have missed that I would be able to run? (think along the lines of hidden gems like Bahamut Lagoon, I've probably played all the popular games already. I missed a lot of PS1 games though)

Let's just appreciate the PSP, an underwhelming console but a great platform for homebrews!
>>
>>3801127
I remember it running most SNES and GBA games like shit, but native PS1 and good Genesis support was mostly what I used it for.
>>
>>3801165

SNES usually runs great, only some issues with specific games. Unfortunately Kirby Super Star is one of these.

Don't know if it's the same these days
>>
>>3801168
What emulator are you using? I never played a single SNES game I thought was running %100. A few weren't awful, but most were very choppy.
>>
>>3801165
I have a psp 300 and I can say that GBA games run perfectly on it.
Snes is a hit and miss thing, though. Also, it will drain your battery before 2 hours.
>>
>>3801193
>>3801193
What emulator? I have a 3000 and similar to SNES never found the GBA emulation to be great. Definitely not perfect.
>>
>>3801127

My man I have EXTENSIVELY emulated with my PSP

Genesis games seem to work absolutely flawlessly. I notice nothing in the realm of bugs of any sort. Vsync should smooth out any graphical hiccups. I use an emulator called PicoDrive

SNES is hit and miss, but last time I tried was 2013'ish. I used SNES9x. SMW ans Super Metroid ran fine, but DKC had severe slowdown and graphical bugs that made it pretty much unplayable. But again, this was a few years ago.

GBA and GBC are perfect. I've had a couple GBA roms not play, but that's been fixed by just finding a new one. I use gbspKai (idk if that's exactly what it's called) and Homers RIN respectively.

NES is like Genesis. Turn on Vsync, and it should smooth out graphical hiccups. I use NesterJ

Native PS1 is great but there are some games here and there that didn't work for me. Strider 2 and Rayman 2 crash in the same spots every time. Pretty sure it has to do with popsloader settings you have to mess with for some games. For the most part, all PS1 games work as if you're playing it off PSN

Then of course you have the PSP's library although not retro. You'll drown in games is what I'm getting at overall

The PSP is a badass little emulator and is criminally overlooked for emulation needs.
>>
>>3801243
>overlooked
Not really, that and the GPDX were the way to go 10 years ago. It's just that the scene is dead now.
>>
>>3801221
gameplaySP (gpSP)
>>
>>3801249

God, what was that big homebrew forum/website where the guys hacking the psp all posted? Like the guys who did the whole firmware inside the battery stuff, can't remember the url but I remember the layout so well. Pretty much the biggest place to talk about homebrew on the PSP and all those weird handhelds that came in its wake.
>>
>>3801291

dcemu.co.uk

brilliant place.
>>
>>3801181
not the anon you replied to, but snes9xTYLmecm 0.4.2 mod rev 26 runs pretty much everything. There's slowdowns in SMRPG (especially when the attack animation plays) and Yoshi's Island runs like a slideshow, but it's great otherwise.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.