[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE RETROBLOX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: retroblox_press_04-1200x630-c.jpg (80KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
retroblox_press_04-1200x630-c.jpg
80KB, 1200x630px
so what the fuck is this thing?
another android emulation box that checks if you have a cart plugged in?
and that actually plays ps1 games?
and from what I heard, it has 'modules' just seems like another way to jew people out of money.
>>
>>3800442
good question. was wondering what sort of emulation its going to be doing. hoping its fpga
>>
>>3800447
i just watched a video on youtube about it, dude mentions that it does use an fgpa chip
and i've seen the menu interface, it looks like it runs a way more advanced anroid system than the retron 5.
dude says it has a 2.4Ghz processor and 800mhz gpu inside it as well, seems like it'll be pretty good as an emulation box, but you might as well just get a fucking retropie and would cost less, and you wouldn't need to get fucking 'modules'

except, i think this is being marketed towards the same crowd as the retron5 was, manchildren who feel the need to own physical cartridges but want want a 'modern' looking game box to play their games on.
>>
>>3800447
It is FPGA and does Sega CD and Playstation (and other CD systems) right out of the box.

These guys are pretty legit, the makers are producers of the Ratchet & Clank series and explicitly asked for Gamester81's advice. They seem to be trying to do something cool & high quality.

>>3800442
You know that this thread is going to devolve into "My wife and her son love it".

If you don't want to be "jew'd out of money" then don't buy it.

The modules seem to make sense because other than cheap NoaC and the android box that is the Retron5 no system has had high quality multiple console accessibility.

Breaking it down into modules seems like a way to make sure that you are getting high quality components...but because its high quality you have to pay extra.
>>
>>3800465
The FPGA only handles the I/o side, so not really a full fpga emulation in the way that people would want.
>>
>>3800465

I'm just saying it seems pretty jew of them to charge you for SFC/Genny/TG16/Atari modules when they could just include that shit on the base unit. I've realized that they're 100% going for the retron 5 market, in fact, as far as I can tell this thing is just a retron 6.0. The support for ps1 and sega CD games is dandy, but I feel like you're going to emulte fucking disc based games, you might as well either play ps1 games on your ps2/ps3 or emulate sega CD games. who the fuck even has sega cd games, honestly anyone who collects sega cd games is going to have a good condition sega cd to play them on. lol.

i guess its neat that it has turbo cd functionality but i've no idea about turbo cd emulation. doubt it's any good, and if it is, reminder that you NEED the actual discs or it wont run as this is a machine that will want the actual cd/cartridge in order to play the games. what a joke.

i'm not saying these dudes are complete jews or scam artists, just, the execution for this thing could have been better. i really dont think the people who play ps1, turbo cd, and sega cd games will be interested in this thing.
>>
>>3800481
If you tried to stick all that hardware into one actual physical unit you and I both know it wouldnt work or would be guaranteed to be a bunch of shitty parts in one box.

If they are charging you extra per module, more likely than not they are using higher quality parts and it will be a better functioning product.

I personally have a handful of SegaCD games, but my SegaCD has a dying lens and I know I'm personally not handy enough to fix it.

If didn't already have those games on another system it would interest me.

Semi normie girls between 27-33 would love this alone for PSX. I loaned a friend's wife an entire PSX setup because she found Spyro at a Goodwill.

Am I buying one. Probably not. But again, competition breed better products. Plus its good for there to be something for everyone (mainly because it keeps demand for one single product down cuz the market isnt cornered)

I just really think its lame before something even has a chance to be good it is considered a shitty emulation box.
>>
Will it be able to play computer games?
>>
>>3800503
>I personally have a handful of SegaCD games, but my SegaCD has a dying lens and I know I'm personally not handy enough to fix it.

This kind of stuff is happening to some of my hardware and some disks as well which is really pushing me toward emulation entirely.
>>
>>3800465
>You know that this thread is going to devolve into "My wife and her son love it".

Their current battlecry is "Only jealous poorfags refuse to buy a Retron"
>>
>>3800503
>If you tried to stick all that hardware into one actual physical unit

It's been done, it's called a Computer

Why people pay for these overpriced plastic emulation boxes instead of just buying a PC is beyond me. Maybe somebdy here can explain it to me, is it because you can put in your own carts? I have a shitload of old games and it's so nice to be able to scroll through a game menu instead of going and getting a particular game off the shelf everytime I wanna play something different.
>>
>>3801238
Just report all blatant shilling threads for violation of Global Rule Nº 11.
>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
>>
>>3801189
>>3801238
I used to think that it is OK for people to have different opinions and like different things.

But you've convinced me. I've been an idiot for having my own preference. I'm just going to use emulators on my laptop!

Thank you so much for showing me the light.

I've just been a complete idiot for enjoying things the way I like them. I'm only going to like things that you like. You've made me change my personal opinion to yours. Great job. You are a hero.

>>3801274
Hello. My name is John Retroblox. Have you heard of my product, the Retroblox?

It is a very high quality emulation machine that I think you will enjoy. If you like emulation you will love my emulation box. Only the coolest hippest retro gamers like emulation, and thats why you'll love emulation via my emulation machine.

So buy the Retroblox, the best emulator that has ever emulated!
>>
>>3801671
You're welcome

Sometimes people just need more information on a topic to make an intelligent decision and not get swindled.
>>
>>3801785
Yeah, because buying something that they like and that makes them happy is stupid when they can just do what you say and not not be as happy because you are obviously correct.

Why doesn't everybody just think like you? Clearly only your ideas are the right ones.
>>
>>3801785
Funny thing is, whenever the Retron is plugged into a conversation and people gives valid reasons to NOT buy it (Crappy materials, CRACKCRACKCRACK controller, unestability/compatibility issues and such) the shills immediately counter by turning the conversation into a Retron infomercial and staying there for hours to attack each and every unfavorable opinion.

Just like what you are doing right now, eh.
>>
>>3801887
Some people eat scat and shoot heroin because it makes them happy, doesn't mean it's no stupid.
>>
File: caught the shill.jpg (229KB, 1314x357px) Image search: [Google]
caught the shill.jpg
229KB, 1314x357px
>>3801906
"This overpriced piece of crap that runs on a stolen code, is made out of crappy plastic that overheats and damages my cartridges makes me SO HAPPY and is the only correct way to have fun!"

Also, I'll just leave this here...
>>
File: 1479563682754.jpg (27KB, 578x535px) Image search: [Google]
1479563682754.jpg
27KB, 578x535px
>Is an emulator
>Aimed at anti-emulation crowd

Every fucking time. Had a few people link me to this over the past few days, the PS1 support and controller support may be a slight difference maker for casuals but it's still expensive as shit. Honestly I can only see it being successful after it's hacked, sort of like how everyone has hacked Amazon Sticks all of a sudden. That sort of package but with games could blow up, though Retroblox wouldn't see much money from it.
>>
>>3801893
I've just given the valid reasons TO buy it...the exact counter to reasons not to buy it.

I've never said it was good or that it was the best way to play games. The only reason I even give any valid reasons for it is because the general consensus is to shit all over any and every clone and only recommend original hardware or emulators.

I like clone consoles, and I even admit the Retron 5 is not very good. I think the Retron 3 & Super Retro Trio are decent and passable (although not ideal and also not the best way to play games).

>>3801906
Shooting heroin is illegal, harmful and dangerous, THAT is why it is stupid.

Eating scat (and sexual scat play) is generally negative because it is unsanitary. However scientifically if you eat your own scat and it not contaminated by any other outside sources its technically pretty much neutral (there is no benefit or detriment to the body). Furthermore "sanitary scat play" between consentual partners done in private is fine. Its just your opinion that it is stupid. If people minds are wired to receive sexual pleasure from it, it is done in private, and nobody is being hurt by it...why shouldn't people do it?

>>3801920
I admit the stolen code is bad and it is one of the reasons why I personally do not support that particular console.

I never said that it is the only correct way to have fun, in part because speaking in absolutes is patently wrong.

But if people dont care about the flaws and enjoy it and nobody is being hurt by it...who cares.

Feel free to tell people the objective flaws, because that is productive and informative. In fact it is much more likely to carry weight in an arguement more so than "EMULATORS ARE FREE AND YOU ARE DUM".

If people have the money to spend and feel that given the options they want to buy this product- so be it.

Also I'll continue to say that clone systems and flashcarts help keep the prices of original hardware down.
>>
>>3802012
>I've just given the valid reasons TO buy it...the exact counter to reasons not to buy it.

Only a shill will try to counter reasons to not purchase his crappy chingchong box. Normal people would just ignore them.

You will reply to this comment as well.
>>
>>3802012
>Also I'll continue to say that clone systems and flashcarts help keep the prices of original hardware down.
I'll continue exposing clone console discussion as shilling and advertising threads as well. :)
>>
>>3800503
Did you fuck your friends wife too?
>>
>>3802063
What do I have to gain by "shilling" a product I have zero ties to.

"Oh but you're probably working for them"...No, and to prove it would you rather have a bunch of namefags fagging up VR.

OP was JUST trying to get some info about a product he was pretty set on getting and all you did was shill for emulators.

I just gave him the facts to make him an informed consumer.

Telling a kid what to do or not do does not teach them anything. Telling them the pros and cons of their options give them information and lets them make informed decisions.

I'm just trying to let people make informed decisions. Who says you get to be the judge on what makes people normal or not normal.

And yes I'll reply to your comment, that doesn't make me a shill. It makes me someone that disagrees with you.

This isnt even a retron 5 thread but a shill wouldnt openly shit on their own product (Retron Code is stolen and bullshit, the OEM Retron controllers are ass, it doesnt work with flashcarts, it is not sturdily built, and there is a chance it'll delete your game saves)

But knowing both the pros and cons are better than a short and uninformed answer. Stop being a shitty retro gamer.
>>
>>3802071
No, I dont think my fiancee would like that. But she does play a pretty good Cortex in Crash Team Racing and always brings Sangria to parties.
>>
>>3802092
> Buy my chingchong box, please! It's the only correct way to have fun and I will stay here all night long countering any opinion that could cost us a sale!

As I said, any normal human being would post the pros ONCE and then walk away. On the other hand, you won't ever shut up.

Get a real job.
>>
>>3802131
>Claims I won't ever shut up
>Continues to engage me

If you keep talking so will I. I'm taking a break from studying for the bar exam. What are you doing?
>>
>>3802136
> "NO U!" rebuttal.

Okay, shill. Maybe you should ask your chingchong bosses to write you a new script.
>>
>>3802148
Again. What kind of shill points out the blantant crappy aspects of their own products as I did before. Hell. DO NOT BUY THE RETRON 5.

There are better products out there to buy. Wait and see how the Retroblox does.

Or you can check out the Retrode and play your original carts via emulator on your computer.

There are plenty of products out there. Do your research and buy what you like...or dont buy at all and use emulators.

I'm mega butt blasted by this top tier anon troll. He totally peed in my butt and owned me online. I'm so mad and my diaper is insanely dirty. You win famiglia, desu

t. Frank Retron, owner of Retron 5 studios. "My wife and her kid love it"
>>
>>3800459
retropies are for manchildren bro.
>>
>>3801985
FPGA != emulation
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.