[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 88-C105_185.jpg (176KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
88-C105_185.jpg
176KB, 800x600px
What did it all mean?
>>
File: 1310671996285.jpg (11KB, 297x275px) Image search: [Google]
1310671996285.jpg
11KB, 297x275px
>All the years of speculation over the ending which got rendered meaningless by Advent Children.
>>
File: 1908147.jpg (77KB, 360x222px) Image search: [Google]
1908147.jpg
77KB, 360x222px
>>3800107
>creates one of the few famous and great open endings in gaming
>totally nullifies it with shitty Nomura fanfics
>>
>>3800104
Everything was going to shit but the world was saved by deus ex lifestream. Seems pretty apperent to me, even before the bloody sequels, that only Midgar got totally cooked.

Though I would have assumed that Mako energy would have been given up on afterwards. I guess not.
>>
>dat giant gaping asshole
>>
>>3800104
Holy and meteor are two sides of the same coin. They're both last resort attempts by the planet to destroy threats to the planet/cleanse/reset everything. Sephiroth forcibly summoned meteor and the whole point of also forcibly summoning holy was to destroy meteor, but there was a risk that holy could potentially destroy humans along with it since mako energy is also harming the planet which is being done by humans. The risk is worth it since either way, everyone is going to die.

The translation could just be total shit, but they do say that holy is having "the opposite effect", but then the lifestream (which is also the planet? it gets confusing), assumed to be guided by Aeris with that final shot of her, comes in to stop the calamity at the last minute. The final result of everything is left up to the player.

Or maybe the final shot of Aeris implies that everyone died and that's how they're seeing her again. Pretty cool ending.
>>
>>3801458
plus only having red XIII and his children being alive in the last scene.
>>
>>3801458
It's been 20 years and it's honestly like I'm seeing it for the first time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.