[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everdrive n8 issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: everdrive n8.jpg (119KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive n8.jpg
119KB, 1024x1024px
Hey /vr/, so for the most part, I've had zero issues with my Everdrive N8, but for whatever reason, Mickey Mousecapade has some graphical bugs here and there and even freezes sometimes. I've played easily hundreds of games on this N8 and never had this issue, but for whatever reason, it doesn't like that game. Have the same problem with the J version of the game as well. Anyone else experienced this, or willing to test it with their N8?
>>
Is it an official everdrive or a chink clone?

My chink everdrive has issues like that with one or two games. I have no idea what causes it, but I'm not sure it can be fixed, since the firmware can't be updated. If it's an official everdrive, try updating the firmware.

If that doesn't work, you may be stuck with emulation, unfortunately. On the plus side, it doesn't seem like it happens with many games.

I can't test that game on my everdrive at the moment, but I will once I get home.
>>
>>3799605
It's a chink clone, so yeah, that very well could be it. I just ordered an actual cart of the game. I own quite a few carts anyways, and this one was only 5 bucks, so eh, no big loss or anything. Just found it to be pretty weird. Would really appreciate if you tested it though!
>>
>>3799543
>>3799625

I have the official fc n8. Just tested MM from the no intro set...works fine. Try another rom...or 100...some of them can be wonky
>>
>>3799816
I'm running the No Intro set as well, but yeah, I'll try another ROM. Thanks for your report, anon!
>>
File: IMG_20170214_1944198.jpg (4MB, 2934x5216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_1944198.jpg
4MB, 2934x5216px
OP here. Tried another ROM and same issue. This speech bubble is busted every time consistently. Ah well. 1 game having an issue isn't so bad. I own a cart of it now anyways.
>>
>>3799986
Interesting. I'll try on my N8 here in a few. I assume this is on a real NES and not a clone system right?
>>
>>3799543
That means you aren't using the actual one from krikkzz so you just wasted money on literal garbage.
>>
>>3800321
Yep, real hardware.

>>3800331
Yeah, actually you're right. That *does* explain why literally every other game works. Thanks anon! :D
>>
>>3800331

I have the official n8, but only because the chinese one sold out. Honestly I couldn't give less of a shit if I didn't have an anus about anything disney related, but I wanted to help OP out. I hope he finds a working rom, or gets into a hex editor or something to find the issue.
>>
>>3800331
t. butthurt faggot trying to justify paying way too much for something just because a couple games out of 1000+ don't work
>>
>>3800436
It actually could be the reason. I doubt "every other game" was tested. There are reasons, such as this, why updates are patched to to the official hardware...

I would still try a third ROM from a completely different source - or maybe someone who has an N8 running this ROM without issue could just post that one so op can try it.
>>
>>3800436
Considering there are hundreds of different mappers, yeah, your chinkclone could be the cause of the problem.
>>
>>3800436
>That *does* explain why literally every other game works. Thanks anon! :D
Other games using the same mapper:
http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/search.php?ines=3

If they show the same problems, you're FUCKED.
>>
>>3800817
>I would still try a third ROM
Why?
When the rom from the no-intro set isn't working with the chink-n8, any other rom ain't going to work either.
>>
>>3800983

Not necessarily.

Some weird Japanese game I tried from no intro always gave me garbage screen. I tried the same rom from goodset and it worked fine. On official hardware...
>>
>>3800817
Yeah, I tried other games with the same mapper and they work fine. I'm going to try replacing the mapper file anyways as a last resort as well as try another ROM. And no, I haven't tested every game, but I've played well over 200 or so on this cart and never ran into an issue before. The point was more "It's not complete shit even if one game had an issue."

>>3800969
Yeah, I'm going to try and replace the mapper, but mapper 3 (the one that game uses) is SUPER common and other game that use it seem to work just fine.

>>3800976
Yeah, I tried a few of them and no problems.

>>3800983
Can confirm I have run into another no intro ROM that was a bad dump a couple of times.
>>
>>3801102

>I tried a few of them and no problems

Looks like you're going to have to do a bit of legwork then, testing a bunch of other roms.... Unfortunately google is your only friend. I don't know what else to suggest m8.
>>
>>3801131
I just ordered a cart of the game. Calling it good at that.
>>
Anon from yesterday here. >>3799605

I just tried it on my Chinese Everdrive. I had the same issue with that one speech bubble, but everything else in the game looks and plays 100% fine. It's just that one graphic that has issues.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but this seems like an incredibly minuscule error. Are you seeing other effects?
>>
>>3801473
No, but when I play the J version, I have that problem and as well as shooting chandeliers causes the game to crash.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.