[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retropalooza Dallas Texas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: XiOyz3dB.jpg (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
XiOyz3dB.jpg
41KB, 512x512px
Has anyone else been going to Retropalooza in Dallas Texas? It was cool at first. But now it's just the same boring guests over and over again. How many times do you need to see the gaming Historian? They need new guests. Maybe make it more like Magfest.
>>
Was this once in Houston? Maybe I'm thinking of a different retro gaming con.
>>
>>3799209

Isn't this a con that was started by magfest e-celeb rejects for other e-celeb rejects so they could tell themselves that they didn't need magfest?
>>
>>3799325
I believe they have one in Houston and Dallas, Magfest is really cool with all the bands.
>>
I will go if there are some e-personalities that I like
>>
>>3799325
>>3800010
Yup. In Houston, Retropalooza will be April 22-23.

Personally, I've never been to this one. I occasionally do attend the Arcade Expo. That one is a ton of fun.
>>
>>3799209

Never been. I live in Plano so maybe one day.
>>
>>3799209
I went to the past two. I enjoyed it just fine but then again, I don't go to visit e-celeb people really. I go to buy shit and there is normally a ton of stuff.
>>
>>3799209
It's funny because magfest has just become the same bullshit every year.
>>
Haven't been to Retropalooza yet, but I've been to the last two "Let's Play" conventions in Plano. Don't give a shit about the guests, it was fun to meet up with another anon and play arcade games. I just hope that this year the guy brings the Japanese pc's back.
>>
Its babby's first con and sell my overpriced shit to drooling fans for d list ecelebs.

The only big people that go to it are boogie and matpat. The rest are gamechasers circlejerkers.

Okchief - totally not because i smoke weed - 420
Pat - i hate resellers even though i am one - the nes punk.
Jhmdf - my show is two scumbag resellers and im proud about it - scottsquatch
8bit - im a dirty, homosexually repressed wrestler - eric
Beat - i removed what made my show interesting by leaving australia - emups wood
8bit - im the girl in the sausage fest - ally
Gaming - wikipedia reader - historian
Dee - we hate the con because its our annual shower - anddave

Im sure im forgetting some, but you get the point.
>>
I think there's too many wannabe artist with booths at retropalooza. How many pixel vendors is enough?
>>
>>3801056
Fuck you DeeandDave is the future of YouTube. We will be the biggest thing to come out of Illinois.
>>
>>3803723
Didnt say anything about your vids brugs.
>>
>>3800898

I went to the most recent Let's Play Expo as well. It was pretty fun, the arcade had some neat stuff. Didn't go the year before, but I think the guy you mentioned who brought the JP PC stuff was RobIvy64/Obsolete Geek on YouTube.

Unfortunately it looks like they won't be in Plano again this year and instead are moving it to Las Colinas.
>>
>>3799209

It's mostly a dealers' convention. Much like the Portland Retro Gaming Expo's swap meet.

And fuck hell, it does not need to be like MAGfest. The dealer's room is a joke. The arcade is half broken systems. The console area is in desperate need of Clorox wipes by the metric ton. And the same fucking shitty voice actors over and over again, getting drunk and being stupid with their hangers on. I had to stop going to that after two or three years ago.
>>
>>3801572

Same thing with MAGfest.
>>
>>3805730
That you Deacon?
>>
>>3805746
How are the prices of the PGE swap meet? I've heard mixed responses from people who have gone.
>>
I'm going so I can get some pictures of Alli's feet. Hopefully it's nice and warm so she wears open toed shoes.
>>
>>3806706
STOP IT
>>
>>3806376

Nope. I attended with an irl friend, though I'd have no problem meeting people from /vr.

I might bring some of my rarer games + relevant consoles + monitor for the game room, but I'd honestly be too paranoid of something getting stolen to leave it all unattended.
>>
File: home displeased.jpg (55KB, 731x550px) Image search: [Google]
home displeased.jpg
55KB, 731x550px
>Portland Retro Gaming Expo

I know what goes on down there
>>
>>3806857
>>3800898
Hey anons. I live in Plano as well. I've been to the Let's Play Expo the past 2 years in a row and had a good bit of fun. Sad to hear it might not be back this year. I managed to get a few decent games from there as well.
>>
>>3806995

It is returning, but apparently it will be at the Irving Convention Center instead of Plano.
>>
Retropalooza isn't bad, great to find games at.
>>
fuck billy
>>
>>3807124
I wish

Actually... no. Dude has horrible digestion with as much gas as they have. They'd be a horrible bottom.
>>
>>3801056
>Beat - i removed what made my show interesting by leaving australia - emups wood

>when you get so obsessed with the collecting bandwagon that you move to another continent just so you can buy tons more video games that you'll never play

Did he actually leave though?
>>
>>3808763
Hes been in usa/canada for months.

He did a stream (v=gg9_bSCiqGI) with billy gamechaser a few nights ago where they sat in a pool at a spa and then drove around in billy's car. Wood's supposed to be moving to texas. Cause i guess its better to be around a ton of other game hunters since all anyone does now are game store / convention videos.

Speaking of Billy, did Regina leave him? She is never around anymore.
>>
>>3806857
>>3806995
I'm currently wondering if one or both of you are people I know on twitter. Anyway, it'd be cool to have a dfw anon meetup or some shit, there's a lot of good guys and gals here (like pasokon deacon, who I'd mentioned).
>>
File: Smile_Hank.png (62KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
Smile_Hank.png
62KB, 200x197px
>>3806926

Never going again.
If you preorder you get to hit the stands 2 hours before everyone else and buy up all the good shit.

How long does it take 30 resellers to wipe 50 booths of all the good deals? less than 2 fucking hours I'll tell you what
>>
>>3809895
Wouldn't you leave him if all he cared about was Gremlins? I wonder if it was a green card marriage like the one Wood is setting up.
>>
>>3810696
Lol

Gremlins, aliens, and video games.

Probably got pissed that he doesnt do much "real work" anymore.

Is wood gonna marry billy so he can stay in the country?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.