[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake-Outs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Bubble_Gun.jpg (59KB, 433x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bubble_Gun.jpg
59KB, 433x300px
What are some things in games from your childhood that you thought were cool tips or secrets, and possibly spent hours trying to figure out, but turned out to be hot nothing?

Pic related. If it was just in the game, I would have assumed it was just for a laugh, the manual claimed it was "not very useful in MOST situations", which made me think it had some super-awesome secret use, and I spend forever trying to figure it out. Good one, Shiny.
>>
File: MK1.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
MK1.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
If you get double Flawless Victory on the Warrior Shrine and pull a Fatality on the center circle you unlock Jade
>actually wasted an afternoon trying this
>>
File: 1346833371122.gif (2MB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
1346833371122.gif
2MB, 324x244px
>>3799185
So many Ocarina of Time fake secrets.
I remember being like 13 when it came out.
Didn't have internet at home yet; went to work with dad at his graveyard shift.
No one in the office and I could use the PC to myself.
Searched for Zelda secrets.
Tried so many of them, one including bombing the Sheikah stone and hitting them when they turn red so they freeze that way.
Tip said to turn every Sheikah stone red and you can get to the Triforce.
mfw this wasn't even the hardest fake rumor I tried.
mfw trying these fake rumors led to me liking the game even more by having these crazy side adventures in the game.
mfw I love vidya.
>>
>>3799224
>mfw trying these fake rumors led to me liking the game even more by having these crazy side adventures in the game.
>mfw I love vidya.
Amen to that, brother.

Ocarina of Time also had this one underground pit, and in the pit there was a little pond, and at the bottom of that pond was a bunch of rupees in the shape of an arrow pointing to the wall. I can't find any pictures of it, and I don't remember which pit it was exactly, but god damn. GOD DAMN, what a tease.
>>
File: tmp_10818-bubble-647606833.jpg (23KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10818-bubble-647606833.jpg
23KB, 480x309px
>>3799185
Same.

Isn't there only like a single bubble gun in the entire game too?

I remember saving rhetoric bubble gun in order to Experiment with it on layer levels.
I tried out the bubble gun on every enemy and every boss.

Nothing.

So then I tried shooting the bubble gum at various inanimate objects and parts of the level in hopes that it may reveal a secret.

Nothing.
>>
>>3799363
Fucking auto-correct....
>>
>>3799192
I tried so many fake blood codes for SNES MK1 and even tried for ages to figure it out myself with random button combinations. It just didn't exist.
>>
Lara Croft nude code.
>>
>>3799185
"That kid" once told me there was a gore code for Bushido Blade II. Like instead of making the character go limp from limb shots you'd actually chop off their arms and legs, and could do graphic fatalities. Basically, I was expecting something like Bushido Blade meets BIO Freaks. Sadly, this code didn't exist although it still sounds cool even now.
>>
I remember an infinite money cheat in Red Alert, for which you had to press simultaneously the keys ctrl+alt+shift+del+esc+O+R+E.

>>3799363
>>3799185
You could get the bubble gun on later levels too, I'm pretty sure. But it did not do anything.
>>
i was 13 when pokemon red/blue came out. a kid at school swore blind he got pikablu from Bill, and like an idiot i believed him. in retrospect he was lying

a few years prior, sonic 3 & knuckles was all the rage and the kid who lived round the corner from me that his s&k addon cartridge actually verbally spoke to him through an audio chip it had installed. i was nine and yes i believed him at the time
>>
At the beginning of Castlevania SOTN, in the room that spawn infinite mermans, there's a purple torch on the lower right close to a door. I've spent countless hours trying autistic shit on that torch hoping to find something, but turns out it's just a fucking torch.

The joys of being a kid with few games and no internet...
>>
File: Originaltruck-300x252.png (71KB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
Originaltruck-300x252.png
71KB, 300x252px
>>3799185
Do Fake-Outs = trolls?
If so, the two I remember most from childhood are the Mew truck and the flag clearing Mario jump.
>>
>>3799386
kek
this
so many hours wasted running into walls
backflipping
siderolling
and all for some pixelated tatas
most likely wouldn't even have nips
>>
>>3800697
I had a cousin who told me there was a special power up in Mario 1 that would let you scroll to the left.
>>
File: qyDL9QD.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
qyDL9QD.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>3799185
>He doesn't know
>>
File: mew_truck.webm (2MB, 488x430px) Image search: [Google]
mew_truck.webm
2MB, 488x430px
>>3800697
Nice meme.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.