[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I couple of years ago, when GameCenter CX was huge here, I saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 1356374486915.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1356374486915.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
I couple of years ago, when GameCenter CX was huge here, I saw most of the subbed episodes.

I kind of want to go back and check out the show again, but I've forgotten which episodes were the best.

What do you guys think the best episodes are?
>>
>>3798883
episodes without nintendo games
>>
Battletoads, Lemmings and Out of This World/Another World are my favorites, personally.
>>
>Last subbed ep was 8 months ago

Life is suffering
>>
>>3798910
Must suck not to know Japanese.
>>
>>3798883
Why not just watch new episodes?
>>
Prince of Persia
Actraiser
>>
>>3798910
They're done with a new translation. Subs should be soon. I'm sure the guide will be on top of it when it happens.

http://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
>>
personally, I always liked the Sonic one. Also, Go by Train for some reason.
>>
>>3798965
I don't know japanese, and I've heard from a japanese friend that they changed the host from Arino to some other guy who isn't as good.
>>
>>3799009
GCCX really is the Top Gear of video games.
>>
>>3799009
They didn't change the host. They have his partner Hamaguchi do 'GCDX' episodes online for some modern games sometimes.
>>
Episodes where they play quiz games are always fun.
>>
>>3799164
Episodes where Arino interacts with the staff tend to be some of my favorites
>>
>>3798974
This doesn't exactly make sense since who would make a translation before making the subs themselves? You make the subs and then the translator uses that to put the translated lines in. Did they announce somewhere that they do it backwards or is that just for this "new" episode?
>>
>>3799512
I think they have a process that works for them. There's still probably checking and proofreading to do after the translator is finished. Even if their subs are timed completely beforehand, they could still need tweaking to account for mumbles and extra lines and people talking over each other. The show isn't like a scripted anime. The subber needs a good grasp of the language if they want to make reasonably usable subs before the translation happens.
>>
>>3799576
You could time and set Martian in advance of translation without knowing anything about it. Could time and set 1st-Century Aramaic. It's language.
>>
Does anyone have a torrent or a mega link to download them?
>>
>>3800982
Look in the episode downloads or recommended sources.
>>3798974
>>
>>3800982
I downloaded it from here https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=762702
>>
The sub team tweeted out

New episodes are coming. Not dead.

about 4 days back
so the drought should be almost over
>>
>>3802870
And after that? The gap between subs and broadcasts will keep growing.
>>
>>3803591
Knowing Japanese doesn't mean you know how to translate.
Try translating between the languages you know.
>>
>>3798974
Next JP episode could be a Contra game.
>>
File: ArinoNina.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ArinoNina.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>3803608
So only one person is capable of translating GCCX? I seem to recall doing a lot of translation for the languages I know in addition to English. It's part of learning a language.
>>
>>3803690
Forcing kids to translate instead of trying to comprehend a text is just shitty education.
>>
>>3798973
Seconding Prince of Persia
Really enjoyed F-Zero and the DK Country series.
>>
>>3798883
the earliest ones because they had dev interviews and arcade visits.
>>
>>3798974
I think zari-gani is trying to let someone know that she looks at this guide. She posted the episode hint two hours after they did and wrote it the same way in quotes and even with the same number of underscores. It's not the first time I've noticed her do that.
>>
>>3804380
Even so, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>3804387
There's nothing wrong with it. It's just something that I've noticed.
>>
>>3802923
Why say that. When the SA team was putting steady EPS out they almost caught up. Hell before this gap a good 85% of show had subs. It's perfectly reasonable to hope they almost catch up again if they don't stop when show goes on next break in Japan
>>
>>3804380
Now they're talking about the number of blanks over there. I think she must have missed a few hints when she was busy at the end of the year. I remember there being two hints in a row with a whole bunch of blanks lining up with the exact number of missing kana, but that seemed pretty unusual.

〇〇 is just a standard placeholder for a blank of unknown length. You could write it out as two blanks or one long one or whatever.
>>
>>3804665
>〇〇 is just a standard placeholder for a blank of unknown length.
And someone else just posted about this there a minute ago.
>>
>>3803690
Does she have those "lucky teeth" that the Japanese are said to love (said by this thread in the past) or are those just normal teeth
>>
>>3803690
damn is she ugly
>>
>>3802923
yep. i expect a good 4month+ gap between this upcoming release and the next. though they may have done 2 episodes at the same time, which theyve done before
>>
Whatever happened with /vr/ subbing episodes?
It's hard to believe no one else can translate or help the SA team when literally everything else gets subs.
>>
>>3808352
Everything else get subs nowadays because they just take it from crunchyroll. The era of actual sub groups are gone.
>>
>>3808352
There is another
>>
File: AbunaiIntensifies.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AbunaiIntensifies.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>3808352
trolls here made Kakaricho say fuck this shit so basically the entire effort fell apart, and last I heard he was over helping SA with thier efforts...but that info is fairly out dated.

>>3808425
if you mean LC...is he even still alive?
>>
>>3808373
that makes me wonder.

Could crunchyroll ever make legal subs?
imagine next day subs
>>
>>3809082
Alive and teamed up to make subs of Highest Quality™
>>
>>3809082
It's likely that these trolls were in fact from elsewhere since their goal was fairly obvious—make everyone involved demoralized and stop subs. Not too hard to post here, it doesn't cost $10 or anything. Weird that they'd want to drive Kakaricho to SA while at the same time making sure to stick around afterward and prevent the remainders from producing rival subs. Or maybe not so weird. But it didn't work, and it won't work.
>>
>>3809121
Nah, 4chan users are just assholes.
>>
>>3809106
Don't the licenses changing for each game / episode complicate things? It would be like if an anime series was about Coke one week and then Pepsi the next, the DC superheroes then Marvel, then about LEGO, then about Jet Blue.
>>
>>3809123
The "trolls" are still external to this thread. Others on /vr/ hate the thread for making their retro board "impure" or something. /v/ hates the thread for taking Chief threads away from them and also due to their nature. Then you've got whole IRC channels (apparently) dedicated to lowering post quality, and given the climate of moderation and lulzcow-baiting that used to exist in here it becomes a huge target.
>>
>>3809136
>The "trolls" are still external to this thread
How do you know? To a third party you're still a bunch of mental disorders weirdos just look at the whole JD incident.
>>
>>3809146
Less concerned about incidents and more about The Narrative whereby the person you refer to is trying to "prevent subs" by attempting to create subs and provide episodes for subbing over. Anyone pushing such an absurd narrative and replying to themselves for 4 years to affirm it clearly cares nothing about fresh subs.
>>
>>3809136
90% of it has always been the one or two autistic /vr/ posters who feel the need to come in here and scream at the mere existence of a CX thread for some reason
>>
>these threads are still nothing but kids whining about subs
The show is fucking easy as shit, I don't get it. 6 months of study would cover the majority of dialogue, and you can probably get about 50% just as a weeb listening to the ABUNAI over and over.

The F-Zero X episode was pretty lame, the SNES one was a better watch. He was just awful at X, and his constant failures on the King cup just made the whole thing feel like a time filler.
>>
>>3808373
/m/ has a fair few sub groups for obscure robot anime and toku.
>>
>>3808373
Dialogue-only subs will never beat the dedication to quality evidenced by such as IrrationalTypesettingWizardry and those who aspire to approach their levels of perfection.
>>
File: what00.jpg (38KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
what00.jpg
38KB, 720x400px
>>3809118
good to know

>>3809121
possibly but...

>>3809123
>>3809136
are more likely

>>3810918
I've never understood this, as long as I can read it marginally well IDGAF...I do care if they change wording to be...more recent popcultury
EX: Video Girl Ai Subs ca early 90's
vs Now >mfw
>>
>>3806424
>damn is she ugly

arino called her beautiful and he has legendary taste in women. just look at the dating sim episode
>>
>>3811234
shit nevermind i misread the caption
>>
>>3803690
>ニーナ マツモト
why does she have her name in katakana and not in kanji?
>>
>>3811957
Because she's a dirty foreigner. It's one of those casual racism things, even if she marries a nice normal 松本, she'll never be one of them.
>>
>>3811975
What episode did they mention her first in? Before the 40th birthday special where Kan made a point to say she's of Japanese descent? Didn't they call her a gaijin before then in some other special where she faxed in a picture and people said she cried or something? (people here, not on SA that I know, and over four years ago)
>>
>>3811975
>>3812853
I would take any claims and boasts and rambling diatribes heard here with a huge grain of salt.
>>
>>3812853
she's of Japanese descent, but not born in Japan, so she will always be viewed differently by native-born Japanese.

>>3813013
anon is right, Japanese are actually pretty racist by Western standards, but can you blame them? 97% Japanese country that was isolated for hundreds of years.
>>
>>3811957
>>3811975
If she wasn't actually born in Japan wouldn't it be more odd to write her name in kanji? It's not like she'd have a birth certificate that would have a kanji reading of her name
>>
>>3803608
>Try translating between the languages you know.
English is not my main language (hell not even top 3 main languages) and i still can translate stuff to english/from english without breaking a sweat.]

What you meant was "try translating between japanese and any language" because japanese is a fucking pain
>>
File: Conflict.jpg (74KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
Conflict.jpg
74KB, 700x460px
Could this be next week's game?
>>
>>3799031
Oh, thank the lord, and thank you, I had started to panic.
>>
Which episode does that famous "his smile and optimism: gone" line come from?
>>
>>3814964
Quest of Ki ep2
>>
>>3814783
That's a strategy game so I really doubt it.
>>
>>3815006

Thanks
>>
>>3803657
http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html

Super C it is.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.