[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ positivity thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 29

File: THe truck.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
THe truck.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
/vr/ is my favorite board but it's been negative as fuck lately. Everyone just needs to chill and remember that retro games are fun.

What have you been playing lately that you've enjoyed? Made any recent acquisitions that you're excited about? What's your favorite /vr/ item that you own?
>>
I've been really excited to play Thief Gold again. It's fun seeing new things that I haven't seen before, it feels like I'm learning or experiencing new things.

On a separate note, I do agree. I think some of /v/'s toxicity is leeching onto here. We need to remind ourselves that we're not a cool variant of /v/ and never will be.
>>
File: 1439342259139.jpg (296KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1439342259139.jpg
296KB, 640x960px
>>3796159
Been playing Link to the Past on the Wii since I got my classic controller pro. I haven't played it since I got it with my Super back in the 90's and it's funny the little things you forget and remember.
>>
>>3796181
Yeah man, LttP is the shit. Its probably my favorite 2D Zelda, though I've never gotten around to actually finishing it, I've been debating picking it up for 3DS VC and finally finishing it.
>>
>>3796243
I have beaten it years ago when I 1st had it but it's great having it back on my Wii and just sit back and chill.
>>
Still enjoying final fantasy 3.
Recently acquired gargoyles quest 2.
>>
I like this thread idea

I got my hands on a free computer with 2 floppy drives. Made a DOS 5.1 partition and put my old floppy games on it. I haven't started playing anything yet but I've done lots of testing, got a mouse and cdrom driver etc.

I learned more playing with old computers than from my comp sci courses. Their simplicity makes them easier to understand, even though they seem inaccessible due to the CLI. I look forward to more retro computation.
>>
Breath of Fire 2, just picked up Bleu and have been nuking my way through it all day
>>
i finally got a NES classic edition from walmart and have been playing the fugg out of it and enjoying it, the raspberry pi i bought back in december is going straight in the trash. :D
>>
>>3796308
when I can get one retail I might pick one up but with the Wii doing all of that and more I might not
>>
File: images (1).jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
2KB, 90x90px
I've been replaying Chrono Trigger DS. I think I prefer RPGs on portables, so I can just sit down them whenever I have a free moment rather than waiting until I get a solid few hours at home on a dedicated console.

also pic related to >>3796308
>>
>>3796159

Just beat MediEvil for the first time. 10/10 atmosphere and theme, 7/10 gameplay or so, mainly due to the camera. Still a very good game I enjoyed greatly. I've wanted it for awhile and finally found it for the semi decent price of $30 (check eBay lol).

Next up is Megaman X2 as dictated by a random number generated and a list of 20 or so games I'm wanting to burn through. I'm pumped.
>>
>>3796339
Heh. No. Any negative discussion on /vr/ just leads to shit posting and being called Austrilain Kun or a Sonygger.
>>
>>3796339
>real fucking opinions
Lol no. It's always console war faggotry and "Stop liking what I don't like" in here
>>
>>3796343
I have a buddy who's a huge MediEvil fan and he always highly reccomends it, I'll have to check it out. Do you plan on playing the sequel?
>>
>>3796339
>nothing personnel kid
>>
>>3796308
Did you have to line up for that? Or just got lucky?
>>
File: 1453113575228.jpg (60KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1453113575228.jpg
60KB, 600x700px
Been replaying Final Fantasy Legend II, I never beat it as a kid because I got stuck on Odin.

I fucking love these games, they're really great and have pretty interesting narratives for GB games.
>>
been playing through Pokemon RBY/GSC again with both the stadium games. gonna go for a complete dex and grab a GB printer for that diploma.
>>
Some pinball games for the Snes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idtns3GGaws
>>
>>3796375

It's a great game man. The combat is better than I may have let on, the camera just got annoying late game with tougher enemies. But that's to be expected of any early 3D game. It's an all around great experience. I imagine playing it during October is perfect.

And yep. I doubt I find it under 30 bucks so I have it on my PSP. I actually originally was gonna settle with playing the first one on my PSP but I loved the damn theme so much I went out and found a physical copy
>>
>>3796408
FFL2 is so good
I'm planning on replaying it soon
>>
>>3796660
>Being this much of a confrontational asshole
>Wasting time on a game you hate when you could be playing something you enjoy just so you can shit talk it to people who like it.

Wow you must be a pleasant person to be around.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Been emulating LSD: Dream Emulator. Weird as fuck but I like the aesthetic. Looking forward to the fan remake, it's already progressed more than I would have guessed.
>>
File: mamamia!.png (1MB, 1337x1690px) Image search: [Google]
mamamia!.png
1MB, 1337x1690px
Ive been playing Legend of Dragoon. I just finished doing the little Colosseum match after curing Shana's poison status. I think my next area to tackle is the Hellena Prison again.

I also started up a three way playthrough (three separate games at the same time; same room) of Super Mario RPG with my fiance and nephew. I haven't played this gem in quite some time, but damn does it still hold up. I think I'm actually enjoying it more than I did as a kid. I think I took this game for granted and didn't appreciate it enough.
>>
>>3796681
That three-way playthrough sounds cool. I live alone but I'd love to do that sort of thing with someone. Also awesome that your family is into the same stuff as you.
>>
>>3796159
>come on in the waters nice and warm
>because my kids pissed in the pool
lel
>>
>>3796684
Yeah it's pretty neat. We started with Pokemon Red and we were going to do Kingdom Hearts next, but SMRPG came up and we agreed on that. I'm very grateful that we share video games since it's such a big part of my life, always has been. And to share it with people you love is a great feeling.

With that said, we leveled up quite a bit since the nephew was enjoying the interactive (he's 9) battle system. We ended up fighting the springy sword boss for the first star and called it quits since we were playing well past 3am on friday night.
>>
>>3796695
What are you even talking about?
>>
I finally started playing Shining Force, I bought the whole megadrive collection I don't remember when. The battle are a bit long (especially when you are waiting for the enemies to move) but the system seems alright.
I just came back from the mountain after the earthquake and now I'm getting raped if I try to go out.
>>
>>3796159
obtained a action max boxed for a 5er and also a neo geo aes with memory card,4 carts most notably KOF95 all wires and 1 arcade controller and the neo cd controller but it doesnt click much that one

all for 250 quid! bargain!
>>
System Shock 1 is hella cool
SS Portable with original controls and a good soundblastery soundfont is the way to go
>>
>>3796681
good game and the feels with lavitz
>>
File: IMAG0265.jpg (905KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0265.jpg
905KB, 2560x1440px
Just got a game cube.. some guy on facebook marketplace traded me it for 12 gameboy games. Been playing wind waker
>>
File: windwaker.jpg (563KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
windwaker.jpg
563KB, 1600x1200px
>>3797105
Yeah I've played it when I was a kid, but never actually had the chance to beat it. I think after the feels with Lavitz is where I stopped playing or at least what I remember happening last.

>>3797113
Wind Waker is such a beautiful Zelda game. So relaxing and calming just sailing the seas. Even though it takes quite a while to get from island to island it's just so peaceful that it feels non bothersome. Also, the mini-boss track is probably my favourite song from the series.
>>
>>3796681

Also playing Dragoon now with my gf, we're in disc 3. Been hating some of them hardass additions since disc1
>>
>>3797135
I leveled up a little too much accidentally while trying to get the special enemies to drop their loot. I have quite a few additions so far, but for some reason I really like Volcano a lot.
>>
>>3797135
>tfw no gf who like Jrpgs

you are blessed anon
>>
Playing through Koudelka and Xenogears at the same time currently with the intention of playing the Shadow Hearts and Xenosaga trilogies after.

I've also had such an itch to play Castlevania SotN lately but I only have a burnt Saturn version and can't justify dropping $40 for the ps1 game. Hoping I get lucky at the flea market sometime soon as the weather gets warmer.
>>
>>3797147
My girl always tells me to get certain games but she never actually plays them
>>
>>3797126
Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I really really loved. Long sailing trips made the world feel so vast.

I've been trying to make sense of Budokan. Not much luck yet.
>>
Started playing the first Sakura Taisen game the other day, it's pretty cool.

>>3796695
Who are you quoting?
>>
Just beat Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre, and now it feels like a whole new genre of SRPGs I didn't really think about has opened to me.
>>
>>3796159
>/vr/ is my favorite board but it's been negative as fuck lately.
/vr/ is simply completing its transformation into /v/. It was always inevitable. Just embrace it.
>>
>>3797295
/v/ has been friendlier than this place for some time now.
>>
>>3797257
What SRPGs were you playing before?
>>
>>3797298
good joke
>>
>>3797321
It's no joke. There are people around here who piss and moan about /v/ but they clearly never go there. This place has been worse for shitposting for a while. I post on most of the boards here and /vr/ is pretty hostile even for 4chan.
>>
>>3797342
I stopped going to /v/ a while ago, and I remember it being much worse than /vr/ is right now, so maybe it got better.

I did go back a few times last year, but that was when there was nothing but No Man's Sky shitposting, so it was probably a bad time to gauge.

>I post on most of the boards here and ____ is definitely the worst!
I hear this about almost every board. Personally, I think the worst one I go to is /ck/, but that is neither here nor there.
>>
>>3797353
The sad thing is /ck/ used to be great, full of interesting posts and recipes. Now it's all carnivores vs vegans and who can be the most pretentious about hot sauce and beer.
>>
>>3796159
>What have you been playing lately that you've enjoyed?
I've been playing a lot of Unreal lately, it's extremely fun.

>Made any recent acquisitions that you're excited about?
Not really acquired yet, but I've been thinking of expanding my boundaries and trying out some JRPGs. I'm mostly a FPS/shmup nerd, but I've been wanting a change of pace and trying out something completely unlike the typical gunbang shooty affairs.
I remember trying the demo of Legend of Legaia a long time ago when I was a boy, and I wanna learn more about if it was good, and if so if there are other action-focused JRPGs.
I guess I'm more excited about learning about JRPGs, instead of actually having gotten something yet.

>What's your favorite /vr/ item that you own?
I still have my original Gameboy with Metroid II. Good game.
>>
>>3796406
just got lucky, i checked at walmart about twice a week since launch day and happened to see two of them on the shelf randomly, the guy said that was the second shipment they had gotten in since launch day.
>>
I hate everyone and everything except quality vidya.
>>
File: fuck yeah cat.png (612KB, 850x634px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah cat.png
612KB, 850x634px
>>3796159
>have youngfag 19 year old friend
>plays modern shit mainly 'til I sold him a CFW PSP
>stops over a few days ago when I'm playing Unreal on the DC
>blown away by the speed
>we wind up talking about modern shooters and trading controller back and forth
>mfw he now talks shit about cawadooty like a bitter 30 year old
>>
>>3797213
OP. Kid pissing in the pool.
>>
>>3797380
Don't forget fast food and the alcoholic threads. To be fair when a /ck/ thread is actually good, it's usually really good.
>>
>>3796159

i saw a post on /vr/ talking about Cardfighters Clash for the Neo Geo Pocket Color
i dug out my NGPC from 12 - 13 years ago, went to the local retro game store to see if they had Cardfighters Clash, and they did!
it's fucking awesome and i am completely immersed in the world of NGPC right now
i wanna go back there next week and see what else i can find
yay
>>
>>3796674
I tried playing it on a PS1 emulator for an hour at a time, the game didn't feel very dynamic. I kept seeing the same locations, landmarks, and characters over and over no matter what I would touch on each playthrough. What's your experience been like?
>>
>>3797342
this
a couple of years ago, with the Dreamcast thing, people get very authistic with what is retro and what is not, to the point of shitposting like retards if you even mentioned non retro games (like some of you has done in this thread, no more no less)
>>
>>3797707
You have trained him well
>>
File: 4465464695_84e0e43bfc_b.jpg (254KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4465464695_84e0e43bfc_b.jpg
254KB, 1024x768px
>>3796159
Always keep collecting, and never stop searching for good stuff. It may be buried, it may be tough to find, but never give up. You can achieve your dreams, whether by getting into the industry, finding good stuff, or meeting your heroes. Pic related.
>>
>>3796159

I don't care how /vr/ feels about it but the ability to mod my NES Classic Edition has made me really happy, and i've been catching up on NES games that i've missed out on in the past, and i've missed a lot.
>>
>>3798149
Holy hell I'm so jealous I want to spit. Keita Takahashi responded to a tweet I wrote once and I could barely control myself.

I got an EverDrive 64 and have been playing the snot out of that. I did Snowboard Kids, Pilotwings, Blast Corps, Puzzle Bobble 2 Arcade, Battletanx, and now I'm trying to medal all the levels in Star Fox. I didn't like the 64 much for a long time, but a lot of the game's still have really nice reward systems similar to 4th gen games, where skill is rewarded with more levels and content, rather than persistence being rewarded with loot.
>>
>>3798149
I've been playing Breath of Fire IV for the first time. I'm enjoying it to an extent, but the minigames are starting to wear on me a bit. I like the art and the characters, mostly. And the music is very nice. Any tips, especially on which abilities are worth picking up from enemies?
>>
>>3798286
Whoops, didn't mean to reply to that post specifically.
>>
>>3798239
>medal all the levels in Star Fox

Good luck on the missile level. That was the only one my friends and I couldn't get when we tried to do a marathon play through for all medals. iirc, we couldn't get the team mate ships to stop destroying too many missiles for us to have enough points for the medal.
>>
Zelda 2 has been fun but difficult. My N64 is about the only retro thing I have nowadays. I sold most of my stuff as gaming evolved. So much regret
>>
>>3796159
I like how splowpaced this thread is. I wish I could discuss GBA and PSP here (since they are what I play the most lately.
if only /y2k/ or whatever it was named was a thing...
>>
>>3796159
Started up OOT 3d since i never had an n64 and I had issues trying to emulate the original. It will be my first time playing the game, but I have seen it played through several times.
>>
File: 1345054488682.gif (1MB, 158x129px)
1345054488682.gif
1MB, 158x129px
>>3798321
not that anon, but: jesus christ this level is the only one I still haven't got a medal on. playing up to that point just so you can try it once with upgraded lasers is something I don't even want to invest in anymore.
>>
>>3797298
It depends on when you go. The last time I went was during the No Man's Sky shitstorm, and I actually went just a little while ago, and they're having a fit over the recently-announced Zelda DLC.

The problem with /v/ is that there's always something trending that they get buttmad about and it becomes the most obnoxious pervading topic for a month or so. Meanwhile, /vr/ just kind of stagnates and grows bacteria.
>>
>>3798967
It's easy enough to get to, just go through Sector X rather than the water level and Zoness. But good luck on the level and good luck getting anywhere close without blue lasers. I can barely get medals on half the levels though.

I've been wanting to get an N64 emulator set up for a while now and have done, they're a lot worse than I remember 10 years ago but I'm sure they can't be. Always wanted to play a few games but without the N64 controller as I'm not a massive fan, so I've now got the original Turok set up with dual sticks and I'm keen to get further. Always ignored the game as a kid as I'd go straight to Turok 2 with its goldeneye controls I could actually use, better graphics and cheats and cool weapons. So many old gems to catch up on.
>>
File: restrained hamster.png (120KB, 241x223px) Image search: [Google]
restrained hamster.png
120KB, 241x223px
>>3798897
>I have seen it played through several times
I'm gonna have to bring some negativety to the positivety thread but fuck the fucking let's play generation, man.
>>
I've been practicing game dev shit with Doom and Quake modding, been playing those a ton recently and its fun learning the in and outs of these games I love. Also the doom threads on this board are fun as fuck. Also I dont have a computer powerful enough to run UE4 so this doom shit is good enough I'm also pretty hyped to finally play Doom 4 on pc instead of xbone
>>
>>3799703
To be fair, I don't think I've ever watched a Let's Play, but I've watched my friends and brother beat a lot of games that I've never even touched.
>>
File: 1484964579133.png (1MB, 784x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1484964579133.png
1MB, 784x1032px
>>3798793
This. I don't know about psp, but gba really should be a thing here. It's in a weird limbo. Nobody on /v/ wants to talk about it because it's too old and not Overwatch and apparently it's 2new for /vr/.
>>
File: Ergo_Proxy_Vincent_by_Su_uX.jpg (495KB, 1063x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ergo_Proxy_Vincent_by_Su_uX.jpg
495KB, 1063x1600px
>>3799749
Fair enough.
>>
>>3799754
It really is a shame, though, it has some really great games. I'd like to see it, but rules are rules i guess.
>>
File: Monster World IV_001.png (9KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Monster World IV_001.png
9KB, 256x224px
I'm playing Monster World IV right now and I'm lovin' it.
>>
File: GLD.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
GLD.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
This kickass game right 'ere
>>
>>3796159
Could we make this thread a regular thing, please?

I just started replaying Ecco the Dolphin. I played this game so much as a kid that the main theme makes me tear up. Wonder if I could beat the machine now.
>>
Started playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 after months of lurking /vt/ct. Been years since I played it. It's every bit as enjoyable as it was when I was a kid. Almost done with all the scenarios of the original.
>>
File: controllers.jpg (337KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
controllers.jpg
337KB, 807x605px
>>3796159
just received some 3do controllers in the mail
the fighting sword is really good feel
>>
I just finished Zelda Challenge: Outlands first quest, and now i'm attempting the original game's second quest since I never finished it before. I know the first quest like the back of my hand but never made much progress in the second.

Bought a thing of graph paper to make some dungeon maps, it's been very helpful somehow feels very satisfying.
>>
Really like the spirit of this thread. /vr/ was hands-down one of the friendliest and most knowledgable boards until a few years ago. Let's fix that.

I've been going through the SNES beat 'em up library since I recently picked up a Super Everdrive. Batman Returns and Ninja Warriors are fantastic. TMNT is fun multiplayer but I wish it were a little tighter controlwise. Ghost Chaser Densei really impressed me from the little bit I played of it. Looks like I really need to check out Guardians.

My favorite /vr/ item is my custom MC Cthulhu multistick in a fat HRAP shell. I've never been able to replicate the feel of the lever-modded Hayabusa I put in it but I have high hopes for the new Seimitsu stick with levered Omrons coming out soon.
>>
File: 1399111604785.png (38KB, 205x279px) Image search: [Google]
1399111604785.png
38KB, 205x279px
>>3799674
you're right, I just remember spending 3 hours or so a few months ago on attempting to medal this level and I'm not quite sure if I want to waste my time again like that.

A year ago I bought a flashcart for my N64 and since then I occasionally browse through the library, right now I'm playing quake II. I beat Turok when it came out, funnily enough I haven't even played Turok II yet.

>>3800193
I still have a save state for coop I started with a good friend who since moved countries. feels kinda shitty.
>>
>>3796159
Not quite /vr/ but I finally got my hands on F-Zero GX for a decent price
>>
File: DSCN1412.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1412.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>3800193
this is one of my favourite games. i still don't understand why they haven't made a HD remake with online. shit would probably sell like crazy.

>>3800740
agreed. I love SNES beat 'em ups. Have you ever played Undercover Cops? Its pretty fucking sweet.
>>
Been playing through all of the Zelda games. Only have Majora's Mask left before I have to buy a Wiimote in order to play Skyward Sword. Has anyone else emulated it? Does it work well?
>>
>>3796159
Playing through Super Mario 64 again. Been ages since I've played it and I'm loving it. Brings back fun memories.
>>
>>3796181
>>3796243

It's truly a timeless game. The art style and world design are solid. Still play it from time to time.
>>
File: 1469433074576.jpg (2MB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1469433074576.jpg
2MB, 1700x2200px
>>3800765
I wanted to like MM, but it's literally just Fetch Quest: The Zelda Experience. However, it looks great, the boss fights are unique and has a nice OST. I do hope enjoy regardless.
>>
>>3800760
Nope, haven't tried that one but it looks fun. Have the day off tomorrow and will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>3800781
I hope you enjoy it anon. I had a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>3799749
This. Did you people not have friends or family into vidya? I used to hang out and watch my friends play games all the time. I mean, multiplayer was fun, but I had no issue chilling with my pals while one person played and the rest watched.

I saw a great majority of FF7 played by my friend during sleepovers. I couldn't stand JRPGs back then, and didn't have a Playstation, but I liked watching him play, and helping him figure shit out.
>>
>>3799785
I still don't understand the "rule" that forbids the GBA to be discussed here. It really is just an arbitrary cut-off at the year 2000? There's no real reasoning behind that other than that being a vague approximation of when graphics and technology really started to clearly set themselves apart from the earliest generations.

But even by those definitions, 99% of the GBA library is far more "retro" than the Dreamcast library. Not that I have anything against the Dreamcast, mind you. I think we could maybe wait a while longer until GC/PS2/XBox are considered retro, but GBA should have been in long ago.
>>
How to get into /vr/?
Is there a flowchart?
>>
>>3801152
>It really is just an arbitrary cut-off at the year 2000?

Yes. They had to arbitrarily cut it off somewhere. GBA doesn't have a lot of graphical power, but it was a 00's system and the design of the games reflected it. I think it should be allowed here at some point, but at the same point that Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox are. It's part of that generation of games.
>>
>>3801161
>but it was a 00's system and the design of the games reflected it
That's ridiculous, how do you figure? The N64 and Dreamcast had games released well into 2001. What about GBA games reflects being an "00's system" more so than any game released on the N64 or Dreamcast post 2000?

Shit like Advance Wars, F-Zero, Circle of the Moon and Golden Sun are way more retro in design than pretty much any late-system N64 or Dreamcast game, and not just because of the graphics.
>>
>>3801185
Game design. I think Golden Sun and CotM are very solidly and clearly 00 era games. Compare GS to SNES era RPGs or Jedi Power Battles to Super Star Wars games. I think people who try to claim GBA games weren't of that era are blinded by the graphics.

At any rate I think we should go strictly by date. Either 20 or 15 years ago. Making the breakdown by console is ridiculous.
>>
>>3801185

Tbh I'd love to talk about Mega Man Battle Network and Zero. Don't really have many places I can discuss them
>>
>>3801197
>I think Golden Sun and CotM are very solidly and clearly 00 era games.
Why, though? CotM feels even more retro that SotN in my opinion, and Golden Sun? People complained that game felt antiquated back when it first came out.

>At any rate I think we should go strictly by date. Either 20 or 15 years ago. Making the breakdown by console is ridiculous.
Fine. Then by this logic, we shouldn't discuss any N64, Dreamcast, PS1 or Game Boy game released after 2000. Like you said, by date, and not by console.

>>3801161
>I think the GBA should be allowed here at some point, but at the same point that Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox are. It's part of that generation of games.
The Dreamcast is officially the beginning of the 6th generation, so... yeah.

>>3801201
See, this is the other problem, apart from the stupid release date logic gymnastics. These games are too new to be discussed here, apparently, but they're WAY too old to be discussed on /v/. Plus, you know, /v/ is a cesspool.
>>
The problem with making Gamecube officially /vr/ is that it would bring a flood of meleefags that I fear the board would never recover from, and then our transformation into /v/ would truly be complete.
>>
>>3801235
Great, we've moved from halo-bogeyman to melee-bogeyman.
>>
Thank you for ruining a perfectly good thread, 6th gen shitters.
>>
>>3801235
well maybe we can hold off on Gamecube and PS2, but the GBA is a 32-bit system and was used quite a bit as a SNES port system by companies. It would probably lead to a lot of ports vs originals discussions though
>>
>>3801228
I guess we just disagree. CotM doesn't feel more retro to me and Golden Sun was bland but didn't feel like a 16 bit era RPG.

>Fine. Then by this logic, we shouldn't discuss any N64, Dreamcast, PS1 or Game Boy game released after 2000.

Actually if we went by 15 years old then games of 2002 would now be coming up for discussion. Zone of Enders Fist of Mars (an excellent game) just turned 15 a few days ago. Guataroo Man and EOE would be coming up soon as well. That's why I think it would be better.

Until then, the arbitrary cut off is just that. An arbitrary cut off and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: 1484967200463.jpg (100KB, 675x550px) Image search: [Google]
1484967200463.jpg
100KB, 675x550px
Been playing DQ3 , as my first DQ, oving it, though i'm having a hard time since it's kinda dated.

Also exploring some gems on the japanese Psone catalog, polishin my nip with tokimemo, having fun.
>>
File: ac43ec9ff7a0dec75ad37826dd1fd3d0.png (879KB, 1053x744px) Image search: [Google]
ac43ec9ff7a0dec75ad37826dd1fd3d0.png
879KB, 1053x744px
>>3801269
Which version? The snes version is by far the best. Never felt dated to me.

Been playing some generation 1 rom hack of gen 1 pokemon, been on a bit of a pokemon craze. Classic gen 1 is a bit too stale for me so hacks have been keeping me interested.
>>
>>3801362
Snes version, I started on RPGs on PS2 so I think i'm kinda spoiled
>>
File: Parasite Eve.jpg (150KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Parasite Eve.jpg
150KB, 600x600px
This was only seven hours long but this may be the best JRPG I've ever played. Where should I go next if I want more JRPGs with highly unconventional combat and customization?
>>
>>3801372
Vagrant Story. Battle system will at least feel very similar to Parasite Eve. The level of customization is pretty massive, and there are tons of intricate details/mechanics within the game that offer tons of depth. Plus the story and presentation are fucking incredible, maybe the best on the playstation. Check out the first twenty minutes of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7vfPgyo6Dc
>>
>>3801372
Panzer Dragoon Saga.
>>
>>3801407
Is Saturn emulation "there" yet? I haven't tried since 2011.
>>
>>3801409
Beat it on SSF myself.
>>
>>3801235

I agree with this sentiment, but there is still a lot of games from the PC/ps2/gamecube that I would love to discuss that aren't Halo or Melee.

Maybe if we had a rule that made it so that extremely popular franchises to this day should be discussed in /vg/ while other more self contained games could be /vr/.
>>
>>3801562
I would be very happy with Sonic, CV and Final Fantasy threads being moved to /vg/
>>
>>3796316
i agree with the rpg's on portables. there's very few i've beaten on consoles, but throw them on gba or something, and i can devote at least an hour or two a day.
>>
>>3801228
>These games are too new to be discussed here, apparently, but they're WAY too old to be discussed on /v/. Plus, you know, /v/ is a cesspool.
that´s why we need the /v2k/ board
>>
File: 4988602612271.jpg (50KB, 262x366px) Image search: [Google]
4988602612271.jpg
50KB, 262x366px
Nice thread I am tired of this shit of yelling stupidity about retro games.

I beat Vampire Killer on Mega Drive for the first time... and the second time, and the third time.

Dracula X used to be my favourite "classic" 2D Castlevania but for some reason I ended loving this one. It's so Castlevania and so Mega Drive.

>>3796343
That one must fall before this year's end.

>>3800768
In march I will let my Nintendo64 rebirth. I have been some years without playing It intentionally. This year I will make my N64 and PSX bright again.

Cannot wait until y put my hands on Majora's Mask again, my favourite game of all time.

Well and my new Sega Saturn. God I wish to not have fucked It like a moron.
>>
>>3801262
Lol, we would look more like jackasses discussing only "some" GBA games then we already do
>>
>>3801251
It's clockwork. I don't understand how people can't get it through their head that these discussions ALWAYS kill the threads point.
>>
>>3803921
Did you miss the point entirely?
>>
File: samson-1.gif (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
samson-1.gif
3KB, 256x224px
>>3796159

>latest game I enjoyed /vr/
I played through Dungeon Keeper and most part of ungeon Keeper fx, brings back so many good memories (used to work in a mineshaft :^)). If you have never played it, you can get it for free on EA origin if it's still available.
I also beat Zelda randomizer a while back, was pretty nostalgic... not because of the game, but cause of not knowing where to get what and be in awe when I found what I needed.

>latest aquisition
Got a 8bito controller for christmas, lacks sometimes with responsiveness (but what Bluetooth controller doesn't). Still I like it very much.

>Favorite /vr/ item
I'd have to say some rare games i have, because I got them for cheap hunting them down on ebay. Got Snow Brothers and Little Samson for the NES, and Trip World for Gameboy. And they are all pretty good games, not excellent, but worth a try.
>>
I haven't played a video game seriously since Dark Souls 1 came out in 2011. I decided to play Final Fantasy 5 since it's one of the few I haven't beaten and I have some free time lately.

I forgot how much fun this shit is
>>
>>3801156
I think I understand why modern games have 2 hour tutorials, waypoints, and perfectly linear gameplay now. People who like them need spoonfed so badly, they don't even know what games they like without someone telling them.
>>
File: art-004.jpg (90KB, 681x800px) Image search: [Google]
art-004.jpg
90KB, 681x800px
I just started playing Skies of Arcadia. I haven't played it in like a decade so actually a lot of stuff is unexpected. It's such a fun and positive game, I'm actually smiling a lot while playing it
>>
>>3804117
To be fair, retro games had quite a bit of tutorial in the form of manuals that was prerequisite reading.
>>
>>3804141

yeah right, like the contra manual helped you as a 5 year old
>>
>>3804049
No, was just having a laugh at the notion. /vr/ would be stupid enough to move forward on something like that
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.