[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Translate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: bushi-14.png (23KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
bushi-14.png
23KB, 256x224px
Why nobody translate Bushi Seryuden ??

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/bushiseiryuden/bushi.htm
>>
>>3796128
bump for interest
>>
>>3796128
>http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/bushiseiryuden/bushi.htm

Because it's just as of the last 5-7 years fan translators have finally gotten themselves over re-translating FF4&6 for the 20th time.
>>
>>3796150
Why is there so fucking many translations for FF games anyway? The ones that are totally literal translations have no charm to them at all, there's no personalities for the characters.
Do people like this?
>>
>>3796150
Like Go Go Ackman, the first translate since 1999 and nothing for Go Go Ackman 2 And 3.
>>
>>3796157
I played that very literal translation rom hack Chrono Trigger, and it was just not as fun. I guess some lines probably flowed a little better, but Vinegar is just not as good of a name as Ozzie.

Why don't someone retranslate Chrono Cross? They called him Ozzie when he appeared as an easter egg enemy near the end. I'm being facetious, I dont really want that
>>
>>3796183
Or Goemon. No translation at all.
>>
...is there really even a need to translate non-RPGs? The story isn't really necessary for the gameplay, and you can probably find an english summary or something if you really wanted to know...
>>
Why hasn't OP learned Japanese ??
>>
File: 1483178485034.jpg (22KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
1483178485034.jpg
22KB, 229x173px
>>3797019
>>
>>3797038
Why the fuck would I learn that shit language might as well pick up something useful like programming languages.
>>
>>3797040
maybe because learning a language is beneficial, especially when its a major world language.

in the case of retro gaming, Japanese makes far more games accessible.
>>
>>3797061
Japanese is not a major world language, it's only spoken in one relatively small country.

It's only 'major' for weebs.
>>
>>3797067
it's spoken in one country, but its influence is out of proportion. the Japanese Yen is one of the big four currencies, and their arts/media/entertainment is huge. it's useful for more than just weebs.

and as I said, english and japanese will cover the vast majority of retro games. add a european language like french or german and that's all you need.
>>
>>3797069

nobody past 13 is learning a language for games, son
>>
>>3797085
which is why I pointed out that it has plenty of application beyond this particular hobby. Japan is only "relatively small" geographically; it has the 3rd highest GDP in the world and the 11th highest population.

also, this is a retro board so I have to point out how this applies to retro games. Japanese is the most important language next to English for playing retro games. if I didn't mention that, it would be NOT RETRO.
>>
>>3797069
If only there was a good and effective way of learning kanji.
>>
>>3797093

The benefits of learning Japanese is undeniable...that being said, it's a fucking difficult endeavour to accomplish, nearly impossible with self-study unless you're an extremely industrious individual with a lot of time. If you're not going to live in Japan or travel there for work it will probably have little use to you. There's nothing wrong with learning an eastern language, but Japanese...wew lad. It is a lot easier said than done.
>>
>>3797171
There isn't, it's entirely rote because there is no rhyme, reason, or pattern to that clusterfuck of an alphabet.
>>
File: Do not learn Mandarin.png (857KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
Do not learn Mandarin.png
857KB, 1400x5552px
>>3797253
Better than learning Mandarin.
>>
>>3797292
That's just business. All business people are scumbags.
>>
>>3797292
His fault for involving himself with the steel industry.
>>
>>3797019
Because OP wants and English translation so he can buy a repro with a box and manual to rub his dick on to get the full authentic experience like the developers originally intended.

>>3797040
Knowing Japanese made it much easier to learn Chinese. Pretty useful.

>>3797292
>learning mandarin
>not learning business
Who's fault is that? His moms, for dropping him on his head as a baby.
>>
>>3796128
Learn how to romhack - it's not difficult, just time consuming. There is a lot of documentation out there.

Once you get to extract and reinsert the script you won't have problem finding a japanese translator.
>>
>>3797015
but this is a story based RPG?
>>
>>3797697
I know a local game dealer who imports SFC cartridge and then guts their PCBs to replace them with fan-translated repros. Fucking EOP! Buy a goddamn Everdrive if you're going to do that shit.
>>
>>3797292
sadly I'm not surprised by this.

>>3797273
wrong. first, kanji is not an alphabet, it's logography.
second, kanji are essentially transplanted Chinese characters (which is literally what the name kanji means), thus they have radicals. radicals are consistent components used throughout the characters, which serve the function of denoting pronunciation and describing the meaning in an intuitive way.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.