[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 263x191px
Will this ever be topped?
Just tried Wind Wanker and it's okay but it takes forever before you feel like the real game even starts.
in OOT you get right to the first dungeon after doing 2 things
>>
File: morning-link.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
morning-link.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>3795249
Why, I wonder if this opinion will be challenged at all in this board
>>
>253 posts and 41 image replies omitted.
>>
>>3795249
Few games grabbed me like OoT did the first time I played it. Granted, I played it when I was 11, and everything seems cooler when you're a kid, but I had played MM, LA, and the Oracle games before OoT, so I didn't love it just because it was my first Zelda or anything like that.

OoT gets weaker every time I replay it though, while MM gets stronger, to the point that I now think that MM is Nintendo's true masterpiece. Now *that's* a game that they'll never be able to top. I can't see them ever taking a risk like that again.
>>
Can we stop having these threads please
>>
>>3795249
Isnt OOT just Link to the Past 64?
>>
File: IMG_2849.jpg (189KB, 879x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2849.jpg
189KB, 879x670px
>>3795249
Daily reminder that everyone who claims that this is THE BEST GAME EVARZ!!!!!!! obviously played it as children and are nostalgia blinded
>>
File: HaloKillerDevs.jpg (224KB, 600x740px) Image search: [Google]
HaloKillerDevs.jpg
224KB, 600x740px
it's coming out feb 28
>>
>>3795286
>everyone who claims that this is THE BEST GAME EVARZ!!!!!!! obviously played it as children and are nostalgia blinded
the same could be argued for literally any opinion about any game
>>
>>3795326
No, good games are good, nostalgia or not. If you think that awkwardly running around at 20fps accompanied by terrible compressed midi is good, the you'll like OOT
>>
>>3795329
>midi
>Compressed

Clowns like you should not have opinions
>>
>>3795352
Compressed was the wrong word. I should say low quality
>>
>>3795286
No, I think it's just the "I'm a gaymur guiyz XD, N64 is sooo retro XD" Tumblr fucks.
>>
>>3795353
Just because the sound format is midi doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>3795456
>>3795352
>>3795329

has anyone been able to extract the midi soundset from N64?
>>
>>3795249
Play Majoras Mask all around the better game
>>
>>3795473
IDK about that
>>
>>3795473
I hate time limited games.
>>
>>3795249

Zelda and Mario suck.
>>
>>3795472

Yes its in SoundFont, you need an SF player

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/soundfont/legend-of-zelda-the-ocarina-of-time-soundfont.html
>>
>>3795271
>>3795473

>muh full price DLC for just 4 dungeons and a hub world padded with copy pasted content

>best
>>
>>3795606
The people who I've actually met complaining about the time limit usually weren't very good at it and complained about it being hard. I played through a few years ago and it was never an issue.
>>
>>3795249
>Will this ever be topped?
For you? Probably not. If you're like the rest of this board, your childhood games are the default and you spend the rest of your time complaining that the game you're playing now is different than your childhood favorite.

You should try Dark Souls though. Plenty of people seem to agree it feels like OOT for adults.
>>
>>3795719

That would be darksiders.
>>
>>3795703
It wasn't difficult but it wasn't very fun either. The whole game gives an impression of emptiness and lifelessness. It's like playing an mmo on a server with just you on it, it sucks all the fun out of the game. I've played through nearly all my games many many times, MM is one of the few games I own that I never played again after finishing it the first time.
>>
>>3795249

I think it was one of my best Zelda experiences, but the experience doesn't have much staying power, I get very little joy out of the game anymore.

Meanwhile I'm not even a little burned out on Zelda 1 or ALTTP.

Wind Waker is pretty strong but it relies on OOT to be that strong.

The other Zeldas are barely worth mentioning.
>>
>>3795329
>>3795326
>>3795286

Nostalgia:

My cold feet under a blanket on Saturday 10:00AM with my parents still sleeping when I was 9 yo and title theme blowing my mind.

Fact:

The game that defined all 3D action games of its class.

Nostalgia doesn't have nothing to do with facts.
>>
>>3797375
>defined
>past tense
>as in 20 years ago
You nostalgia fags are the sort that unironically claim that goldeneye still holds up perfectly
>>
>>3797375
>3D Action games of its class
It was one of the first and the best in a series of shit. The one with the wolf was better as an action game but didn't have as good as puzzles. Link to the Past was significantly better as a game in general.

When I bought my 64 I was expecting a few entertaining 3D games like Mario64, but mostly 2D stuff. I felt 3D games were a gimmick then, and I'm still not completely on the train now. I think I only ever ended up buying three or four games for the entire system and it felt like a huge waste to me.

It took Super Monkey Ball to really make me start accepting modern games.
>>
>>3797472
HOL UP
this is bait
>>
>>3795249
>but it takes forever before you feel like the real game even starts
This is my only modern criticism of OoT today. I played it for the first time in 2006 and it is indeed a good game, but it's slow going to start with because it was a new experience then, but not so first-timey 3D now.
>>
>>3797529
learn to read....
OOT puts you in the Deku Tree REAL QUICK
Wind Waker makes you go thru a fucking stealth mission and shieeet
>>
>>3797516
Maybe a little bit, but there's truth there. When the 64 came out I really did think 3D games were a gimmick that would go away. I really did only buy four games for the system. Mario64, Zelda OoT, Wave Race, and a 2D platformer I can't remember the name of.
>>
>>3797570
>the 64 came out I really did think 3D games were a gimmick that would go away

Nigga what 2D was already spent. Why do you think the best 2D games we get are Capcom platformer ripoffs.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>3797534
>>
>>3797570
oh shit wave race
good man
>>
>>3797574
I dunno, there's games like Recettear.
I couldn't understand my own dislike at the time, but I'm just naturally inclined to dislike first person and third person (shoulder mount) cameras. Most of the modern games I play are overhead god view cameras. There are some notable exceptions, but I almost stopped playing games completely back then.
>>
>>3795249
>Will this ever be topped?
>Just tried Wind Wanker and it's okay but it takes forever before you feel like the real game even starts.
>in OOT you get right to the first dungeon after doing 2 things

Very gud. I am playing it too right now. Bit i feel there are a lot more puzzles and less enemys. Also its verrrryyyy easy
>>
>this thread again

It's just another Zelda game, how is it better than the others?
>>
>>3795249

Probably the best game ever, even though i prefer MM and LA
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.