[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever play Koudelka?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: y.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
Ever play Koudelka?
>>
Yeah dude, it's a game like no other. I haven't played anything that comes close to the level of realism the characters in that game had. The dialogue and voice acting alone push it into one of my favourite PS1 games of all time, despite only finding it about a year ago. I weep for what could have been, Shadowhearts was tresh
>>
yeah

I bought an almost complete copy off gamestop for like $26

thanks gamestop

I like the voice acting and how fluid the characters seem in cutscenes

shame the combat system is so awkward
>>
File: koudelka.jpg (59KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
koudelka.jpg
59KB, 400x398px
i love it.
the setting and atmosphere was tops, the voice acting was that type of good acting you could only get at the time, and the story is really great weird horror.
the gameplay is the only real problem, and you can really fuck yourself over, but it's manageable.
>>
>>3794690
Yes
>>
>>3794690
Yeah, it was all around very good.
Shame Sacnoth is dead.
>>
>>3794690

Yep. I like the characters and overall vibe, I just hate that you get into random battles every 15 seconds.
>>
Great game. As others have said it nailed the atmosphere and characters. Crazy how beating the final boss leads to the bad ending, speaking if which the pendant premature ending bullshit was the only gripe I had with the game.
>>
File: k.png (50KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
50KB, 350x240px
>>3795153
Board-based slow as fuck battles no less; monsters and mood were cool, but I never could get into it because of the general molassery.

I probably missed out; people seem to have good memories of it.
>>
>>3795169
>but I never could get into it because of the general molassery.
Battles are indeed very slow on the animation part, but after a few hours your characters should be so strong that you can finish normal battles in a few inputs so it kinda balances out.
I thought that the battle system was one of the game's best parts, in theory, it has many things I like, a SaGa like growth system, positioning characters on a board and so on, shame it's brain dead easy outside of two or maybe three fights.

To this day though, I still can't deal how they nailed the VA perfectly, usually most games from the time suffered from the shittiest possible VA, see Star Ocean 2 or the english dub for Valkyrie Profile, yet Koudelka is somehow pretty great, really shows what good directing can do instead of just giving a sheet with lines to somebody.
>>
I remember seeing this game in stores ages ago, and I regret not picking it up back then. I've played Shadow Hearts 1 and 2, but I really don't know anything about Koudelka. I think I'll download it and try it out, now that this topic reminded me of it.
>>
>>3795413
my characters where atupidly strong in the beginning. I dont see what you are talking about. I found a water spear and a Fire Dagger and I just one shot shit.
>>
>>3794690

I got it as a birthday a long time ago. I like it a lot but I don't how GOOD Id call it. It's pretty damn unique though
>>
>>3795413
>I still can't deal how they nailed the VA perfectly,

Well the whole thing came off as a play almost. I like a lot of voice actors but video game voice and anime actors have that real gamey/anime quality to them where they never fully "Become the characters" as it where.

Kouldelka is full thespian
>>
>>3794690

Yes, I like everything about it except the encounter rate. It should have been symbol encounter and not random. It's really frustrating trying to explore/do puzzles and have to battle every 5 steps, especially because key items are not marked in any way unlike RE games.
>>
i'm kinda wondering if a remake would be good or not, but unless they pull sacnoth together again, probably not.
also the voice acting definitely wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>3794690
the french VA was absolute gold and ost was very cool
random battles were too often though
>>
>>3797378

It's be less rough around the edges but it's also be less interesting

>also the voice acting definitely wouldn't be the same.

Ugh, I don't even want to think about who they'd cast these days. Probably get someone like Michelle Ruff as Koudelka. I made myself want to vomit just thinking about it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.