[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battletoads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Battletoads_arcadeflyer.png (180KB, 262x380px) Image search: [Google]
Battletoads_arcadeflyer.png
180KB, 262x380px
So I am looking at Battletoads Arcade on youtube and why the fuck didn't we get this on consoles rather than the pieces of shit other games? This game blows the other ones away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10sCDRiCsA

This is what Battletoads should have always been. This entire series has been a shameful waste of great potential. It absolutely amazes me how that crappy NES game gets so much praise where as this actually great looking game has become forgotten.
>>
The arcade is my favorite, crossover is fun too, not a big fan of the others.

>and why the fuck didn't we get this on consoles rather than the pieces of shit other games?
Because 4th gen consoles couldn't handle it, would be a nice port on 5th gen though but Nintendo didn't give a fuck about 2D.
>>
>>3794489
Should have ported it to the Saturn. Battletoads was on the Mega Drive and Master System, after all.
>>
File: pimplesjuicyass.png (14KB, 72x100px) Image search: [Google]
pimplesjuicyass.png
14KB, 72x100px
Damn, Pimple has a nice ass in this game.
>>
>>3794467
The arcade game isn't even a finished product. The NES game is better regardless, unless you prefer mindless beat-em-up to the variety of gameplay that the NES game provides.
>>
>>3794630
A collection of half-assed ideas will never be better than a solid beat 'em up though.
>>
I think the arcade game was the "final form" of Battletoads, if you will. It truly felt like the 'toads had developed into marketable characters with a distinct feel and personality.
>>
>>3794467

>all this butthurt because you couldn't beat Turbo Tunnels

arcade Battletoads is a generic beat em up, NES Battletoads is one of the greatest action games ever made
>>
>>3794467
Looks cool but the music is really shitty in this game.
>>
>>3794467
>why the fuck didn't we get this on consoles
We did, on the xbone :^)
>>
>>3794467
It just looks and sounds cool, if you play it yourself the game is actually pretty repetitive, it IS inferior the nes battletoads, no kidding.
>>
>>3794467
You also probably would think that the Ninja Gaiden arcade version is better than the NES version cuz muh graphics
>>
>>3794957
>NES Battletoads is one of the greatest action games ever made
>nescucks are really this delusional

>>3795078
you are shitty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQEqftgkLYE
>>
>>3795196
if you are credit-feeding like a retard of course it's going to be repetitive, dumbass.
>>
Yeah, it's a quality arcade title, but Battletoads and Battletoads & Double Dragon are much better
>>
>>3794503
Rare was bought by Nintendo after DKC. Tradewest never really owned the IP and I think they went out of business after the 16-bit console generation.
>>
>>3794630
>unless you prefer mindless beat-em-up

You act like it is a terrible genre when you call it mindless. It suits the series way better. It is called BATTLETOADS after all. One would expect with a name like that the game should primarily be about battling.

You also act like the absurd difficulty of the NES version with all of those shitty autoscroller levels, platforming and gimmicky levels was even good. It wasn't and as anon here said >>3794656
it was really just half assed ideas that weren't that good. Some of those levels in the NES version aren't just difficult in the right way but actually unfairly difficult. Then there is the gamebreaking bug in one of the levels.

I'd rather take a solid beat em up than that trainwreck overrated crap on NES.
>>
>>3795421
It's mindless because it's not a good beat em up. And if you think the NES game is unfairly difficult, you apparently haven't played the arcade game. Compared to that, the NES game is a finely tuned, crafted game experience since it actually tests your skill in several ways.
>>
>>3794467
The nes version is great. You just have shit taste and/or eye-hand coordination.
>>
>>3795864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6AIijYiUBo

One of the most overrated and awful games of all time. It is playable but don't act like it is in any way a great game when it is not.
>>
>>3795864
>>3795887
And by playable that means single player only since you the co-op is broken.
>>
>>3795864
>It's mindless because it's not a good beat em up.
It's no capcom but it's still fun, enjoyed it more than the NES game 2bh
>>
File: 1483422737793.jpg (23KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483422737793.jpg
23KB, 292x300px
>>3795354

>nescucks
>>
>>3794467
The last level isn't even a brawler. And you don't even get to fight the Dark Queen.

What a piece of shit.
>>
>>3794467
4chan is an 18+ site.
>>
>>3794489
Unpopular opinion...

Battletoads & Double Dragon is the weakest Battletoads game.
>>
>>3794467
Pretty sure the Dark Queen was one of my first erections
>>
>>3797083
Battlemaniacs is the worst 'toad game.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.