[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I buy a replacement Gameboy screen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: gb02.jpg (53KB, 550x453px) Image search: [Google]
gb02.jpg
53KB, 550x453px
I damaged my DMG Gameboy and need a new LCD screen. You can find lots of replacement stuff on ebay but there is no LCD screen at all! Even on a dedicated Gameboy website based here in the UK (deadpanrobot.co.uk) there is no screen. Anyone know where I can get one?
>>
Oh BTW, the uploaded picture is not mine, and that's not how my LCD has been 'damaged'
>>
You can't, unfortunately. As far as I know there are no decent reproduction screens available for the original gameboy.

What issues are you having? Depending on the issue it may be repairable. If it isn't, your best bet is to buy a non-functional gameboy for cheap and just swap the screens out.
>>
>>3794076
The screens of the DMG are soldered onto the PCB in a way that is next to impossible to (de)solder at home.

But like >>3794095 said. What is your issue? Maybe it is fixable. A lot of DMG Gameboy issues are. Easily.
>>
>>3794076
Wait!
You aren't that guy that drilled into his GB screen, are you?
>>
>>3794245
Yes, I am that idiot who drilled it.
>>
>>3794271
Ha ha fucking moron

*leans in for a french kiss*
>>
>>3794271
Please don't get another Gameboy, you are obviously too retarded to handle a toy designed for little kids to drag and throw around.
>>
>>3794076
This is the only replacement screen on the market.
http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products/dmg-3-backlit-lcd-kit
>>
>>3794271

yeah I knew it was you, just get another OP, lol
>>
File: 612449-ben.jpg (14KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
612449-ben.jpg
14KB, 321x285px
>>3794445
>You will need to enlarge the viewing window in the DMG front shell, and provide your own LCD protector.
>Some shell modification may be required.

Anyone who does this to their game boy should be flogged
>>
whats the story with the drill?
>>
>>3794748
>What are aftermarket replacement shells
>>
>>3794076
Fellow UK gb guy here. I feel your pain, but the sad news is that you are fucked.

Unless you can repair the screen, you're going to have to buy another gb.

If it's just vertical lines that aren't working, have you tried the soldering iron fix?
>>
>>3794245
>>3794271

Whats the story? I must know
>>
>>3794076
you can easily repair it if your screen looks like this
>>
>>3795230
Numbnuts here decided to try inserting a screw into a hole which wasn't designed to accept one, puncturing his LCD in the process.

The most hilarious part is that the hole was explicitly marked to indicate that no screw should be put there...
>>
>>3794076
>>3794095
>>3794241
>>3794245
http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products/dmg-3-backlit-lcd-kit
There are front board replacement boards. The front board doesn't really have a whole ton on them. Just the buttons pretty much.

I saw some chinese ones on plebit in the last week. It seems there are people making screens in the last while
>>
>>3794748
>what are broken lcd

I'm talking about dead pixels not vertical/horizontal line
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.