[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know anything about the controller on the left, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: EA Pad.jpg (537KB, 5472x2048px) Image search: [Google]
EA Pad.jpg
537KB, 5472x2048px
Does anyone know anything about the controller on the left, I looked it up online but I could only find the controller on the right without the EA Sports logo. The controller is made by Gravis
>>
>>3794074
It just looks like a 3rd party Genesis 6-button controller, but then it doesn't have a start button so I have no idea.
>>
>>3794074
Here's another picture of the right controller but the company name on the front says NEC insted
>>
File: FX pad.jpg (121KB, 1550x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FX pad.jpg
121KB, 1550x1280px
>>3794210
NEC, you say?
>>
>>3794074
>>3794210
>DE-9 female connector
Could it really be a Genesis controller? There were various platforms that used that port type.
>>
>>3794302
I dont think its a genesis controller because there is no start button
>>
File: multiport.jpg (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
multiport.jpg
52KB, 320x240px
>>3794074
i looked up the fcc id that was on a sticker on the back of the controller. it looks like it was meant for the pc using this multiport adapter
https://fccid.io/HYN5201A
>>
>>3794315
Yeah, that's what made me doubt the idea it was for Genesis. Also, the form factor is much closer to a JP Saturn joypad than a 6-button Genesis joypad, but Sega stopped using DE-9 ports after the Genesis in favor of proprietary controller ports for the Saturn and Dreamcast.

>>3794354
Makes sense. DE-9 ports were pretty much falling out of fashion by the late 90s, considering IBM PC was pretty much take over the market by the late 90s and they always used DA-15 for game controllers prior to USB becoming standard. .
>>
File: gravis_gamepad_pro.jpg (8KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
gravis_gamepad_pro.jpg
8KB, 400x266px
>>3794354
The two bigger ports on the left must be gameports, for gravis gamepad pros.

I've only seen this thing sold as a bundle. Unsurprisingly, since that's the whole point.

With the 'Gamepad Pro's, I've always been under the impression that they only allowed a maximum of two at once. But that might have been dubious extrapolation from how they also allowed you to use two of them as standard dos gamepads, ie. with two buttons only each.
>>
File: stinger440.jpg (19KB, 440x358px) Image search: [Google]
stinger440.jpg
19KB, 440x358px
>>3794423
>they always used DA-15 for game controllers
No, they DID use 9 pin ports for a small portion of gamepads.
>>
File: mouse_db9.jpg (55KB, 796x600px) Image search: [Google]
mouse_db9.jpg
55KB, 796x600px
>>3794074
Isn't that just an ordinairy serial port?
>>
>>3794074
Where'd you find it?
>>
>>3796529
No it's 9 pin RGB. If you stuff the mouse into your eye socket you get video. If you stuff one in each your get VR.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.