[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's more powerful - a Raspberry Pi 3 or a Retro Freak console?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: retrofreakEG01.jpg[1].jpg (3MB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
retrofreakEG01.jpg[1].jpg
3MB, 2000x1334px
What's more powerful - a Raspberry Pi 3 or a Retro Freak console?
>>
>>3793721
your pc
>>
I'll need to ask my wife's son.
He doesn't allow me to play video games anymore.
>>
>>3793721
As is often the case apples aren't exactly more or less powerful than oranges. The higher clock speed of the Retro Freak would give it an advantage where as the extra two cores in the memeberry will do little if nothing for emulation. So Retro Freak by a nose.
>>
The Retrofreak uses a ARM CortexA17 1.8Ghz(Rockchip RK3288).
The Pi3 a ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1.2 GHz (Broadcom BCM2837).

They're cheap and low powered chips, not intended for the highest performance.
>>
>>3793721
What consoles can it emulate up to? The rpi3 can play psx without overclocking, but has issues with n64. So there's that?
>>
>>3793763
The Retro Freak only emulates 8 and 16 bit consoles. Pretty sure it would be powerful enough to emulate other consoles but it seems by choice that it emulates cart-based consoles only.
>>
>>3793772
Ah ok. In that case I would recommend the rpi3, because that has no issues emulating 8 and 16 bit, and then some.
>>
>>3793773
>because that has no issues emulating 8 and 16 bit, and then some.
No issues aside from the usual inaccuracies of those emulators.
>>
>>3793773
OP asked which was more powerful not which one some kid on the internet would recommend.
>>
>>3793809
which are the same on the retro freak 'consoles'
>>
>>3793721
www.reddit.com
>>
Easily pi 3
>>
>>3794579
How dare someone waste precious thread space adding relevant information.
>>
>>3796859
Yes, you should go back there and let us have our thread.
>>
>>3796860
I think it's already been determined that the Retro Freak has a better CPU for emulating:

>>3793753
>>3793761
>>
>>3796918

This is /vr/, nothig is relevant with these faggots
>>
File: laughing.jpg (104KB, 695x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
104KB, 695x500px
>>3796918
>my opinion is relevant
>>
>>3793721
>210 dollary doos
Weeeeeew lad
>>
>>3797936
I can just tell by how much of a fucking retard you are combined with your overly smug image that you are completely insufferable
he is literally answering OPs question
>>
>>3797969
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>3793721

My contempt for you
>>
Pi3 because ROMS/ISOS.
>>
The real thing and a flashcart
>>
>>3798106
> Autism this hard
>>
File: Mario-Party-2.jpg (70KB, 350x284px) Image search: [Google]
Mario-Party-2.jpg
70KB, 350x284px
Eventually,a Pi it´s more powerfull and useful.You can upload ROMS´s and Emulators to it.
>>
>>3798615
The Retro Freak already has (stolen Libretro) emulators on it and you can load as many pirated ROMs as you like onto an SD card and they'll work.
>>
>>3796939
memeberry pie has been scientifically proven to be a reddit machine
>>
>>3798142
>An NES is more powerful than a Pi 3.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.