[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Megaman X6 the best Megaman game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Mmx6box.jpg (290KB, 1000x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Mmx6box.jpg
290KB, 1000x1017px
Why is Megaman X6 the best Megaman game?
>>
>>3793007

I prefer x4.
>>
>>3793014
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!!!!!!????
>>
>>3793007
X1 > X2 > X4 > X3 > X5 > X6 > X8 > X7
>>
>horrendous level design, maybe the worst in the entire official Mega Man series
>mediocre boss design
>sometimes you will encounter a boss and have nothing that hurts them
>terrible reploid rescue system that punishes you for not being psychic/using a guide
>nightmares are retarded
>bizarre X armors that don't fix the issue from X5 where you need all the pieces to do anything with them
>trashy plot (granted, who gives a shit)

The only thing X6 has going for it is the music, which is admittedly pretty awesome. If anyone tells you X6 is better than any other game in the series barring X7 and Command Mission, then they played it as a kid and/or they're an idiot who jerks off to difficulty.

Fuck X6.
>>
>>3793035
>horrendous level design, maybe the worst in the entire official Mega Man series
How is X6 worse than X7?
>>
>>3793040
I only played X7 once and it was around the time when it came out, so my memory of it is a blur, but I don't remember anything in it nearly as bad as Heatnix's stage. Feel free to remind me of anything worse.
>>
>>3793041
>One bad level invalidates the entire game

All the level designs in X7 and X8 are way worse than the ones in X6, unless your idea of 'fun' is just sitting around on a single screen, lazily shooting whatever dumb enemy happens to come up to you, which is the majority of X8's gameplay.
>>
>>3793032
I agree mostly with your order except for X5 > X6.

That stupid bike section and the fact that you can't unlock everything since you boss give a choice between two item in X5, make the game worse than X6 for me.

At least in X6, you can get everything if you don't fuck up with the rescue.
>>
File: 1474396086532.png (150KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1474396086532.png
150KB, 500x350px
>>3793007
But it isn't.
Why don't you elaborate on your rare opinion?
>>
>>3793134
He is trolling.
>>
the best thing about x6 is metal shark players stage, really it's a terrible game.

I still enjoy it, the core of the 5th gen X games is just great.
>>
>>3793168
Call me mad but I liked Gate Stage.
Part of it is ball to the wall but defeating Gate in the end was satisfying. No savestate involved this time of course.
>>
>>3793024
>bad voice acting means the entire game is garbage

Huh. Hey, how did Resident Evil get so popular? That game was horrible because all the voices were garbage.
>>
>>3793007
It's more fun that X5 and Megaman X music peaked on this but it plays like a shitty X3.
>>
>>3793048
>and X8
X8 is actually okay.
>>
It is not.. It has a horrible and claustrophobic level design.

On some stages you barely have space to move properly... The problem was not the difficult (it was not exactly hard at all, for the gods you have infinite lives)..

This is just not how you add difficulty to a game like that...They just make the progress annoying and awkard and give you infinite lives.

The bosses were neat, at least. I also like the concept of two exits and secret bosses for stages.

X6 is just all about good ideas and horrible execution.
>>
>>3793913
/thread
>>
I agree with you, OP. X6 is fantastic. Probably my favorite of the 32 bit entries.
>>
>>3793007
X6 has the best soundtrack in the series, but gameplay-wise... It was pretty questionable.
X4 and X5 are better games on the ps1.
>>
>>3793007
Sprite comic resources, of course.
>>
>>3794332
>but gameplay-wise...

It's the most polished game of the trilogy gameplay-wise, yes.
>>
>>3795809
>>3794332
Gameplay wise as in X's and Zero's movement and abilities, X6 is strong.
Level design wise, it goes down the shitter
>>
I never got the hate for this game. I played this so, so much... I like every aspect of it, it's maybe my favourite in the series, and if I have any nostalgia involved it goes for literally all other Mega Man up to the release of X6 as well so it doesn't matter. Most of the criticism seems to go to the level level design, which I think has varied stages visually-wise, have good music, isn't difficult, the rescue system is more of a completion thing... but in general it's just Mega Man, man. I think people grow tired of formulas at some point. I don't find Mega Man 5 and 6 mediocre either and I think people do because it's "the same game" again and people are like okay I already played this what's the point.

Only thing I dislike is the last stages which are too difficult for me. Anyone remembers that absolutely RIDICULOUS jump with spikes you have to do in the middle of one of them? Only ever got to Gate once and I lost immediately.
>>
Oh it didn't have spikes but it is insane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNv2E9k6Ic

And also as a I kid I actually started this game many times and never got past the that wall of spikes at the entrance of the first Gate levels... never knew I had to pick an armor for it so I would get stuck and try again a year later starting all over again.
>>
File: cringing.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cringing.gif
591KB, 480x270px
>>3798182
>only ever got to gate once
Pathetic. I do respect your love for X6 though, anon-kun.
>>
>>3798192
I only tried finishing the game seriously one time when I was like 17, mostly I played this as a 11-14 yo kid and I would get stuck at the part I mentioned on my other post. But yeah I'm not at all good at video games.
>>
>>3798196
I played it a lot around that age myself. I'm 24 currently, so if I had to guess, based on how long the game has been out, you're probably around the same age. I respect that.
>>
>>3798191
Oh and by the way, you don't need an armor to get past that. I won't spoil the rest, but yeah. Definitely possible as normal X.
>>
>>3798276
Oh hey good guess haha. Come to think about it the game came out way late on the cycle of life of the console, and I never realized how I close to release I played it (about 2 or 3 years off), which at that time I never did since it was all old romsets on emulators (running on an old pc) and pirated PSX CDs (of 90s games). I wonder if this incidentally happened with another game... so yeah I'm 21 (probably around 9 or 10 when I played it for the first time).
>>3798278
Neat, I'll definitely try beating it soon, it's high on my priority list.

Have a nice day fellow X6 fan!
>>
X6 is absolute dogshit and the worse game of the X series.
People who think X7 is worse have not played both games back to back, X7 is like a godsend in comparison.
X6 has one decent stage, the intro stage, that's it, every single other stage in X6 ranges from bad to near unplayable, or literally unplayable if you are playing as X without upgrades, because X6 is the only game in the X series to actually force you to look for hidden items, or else you literally cannot beat the game as X.
At the very least X7 has more than one decent stage in it, not to mention the fact that the worst of X7 fucking pales in comparison to the worst of X6, and it doesn't have a horribly implemented gimmick that makes terrible stages 10x fucking worse.
>>
>>3798370
>People who think X7 is worse have not played both games back to back
I have and christ are you retarded.. X7 barely even counts as a game.. Hell, you can't even play as X for half of it! Actually, you know what? You're either trolling here or clearly retarded. I'll just leave you with this X7 masterpiece I made years ago to commemorate how "awesome" it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRMy7IDegBA
>>
>>3798387
Not being able to play as X is perfectly fine, it makes sense in the story, plus it allows them to make X the most powerful character in the game, as he should be, without the game being completely broken in the beginning, also Flame Hyenard is an annoying boss, but him screaming "burn to the ground" over and over isn't why, and isn't an arguement for why X6 is better, since it can easily just be compared to High Max constantly saying "DESMU" over and over, In both games all the bosses that can talk never stop yapping.
The only retarded one here is you, X7 isn't a good game, but its a much more fucking bearable one than X6.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.