[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get Llleady... FIGHT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

File: vs.png (678KB, 700x408px) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
678KB, 700x408px
Get Llleady...
FIGHT.
>>
>>3791780
>Savior 2
Eeeww
>>
>>3791802
The incorrect (to me) aspect ratio of that image bothers me more. I remember the games on 4:3 CRT monitors (some cabinets were projection), while it is
>>
File: Whoops_forgot.jpg (877KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Whoops_forgot.jpg
877KB, 2592x1944px
>>3793173
Somehow my text got cut off ...

meant to say while the image has square pixels appropriate for modern LCDs, it makes the characters short and stout. The "pixels" should be more thin and not perfectly square, as the analog display just squeezes the wider resolution to a 4:3 format for added detail on the display space.

May as well take a new pic ...
>>
>>3793186
It looks good either way.
>>
File: bubble loop.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
bubble loop.gif
2MB, 350x350px
The game is super fun
>>
How did they get away with Felicia's design?
>>
>>3793173
>Two Felecias

I like her but this bothers me.
>>
>>3793979

Because it was the 90s and nobody gave a fuck
>>
>KAY'OOOH.
>YOU ROZE
>>
>>3793173
>>3793186

Agreed, overall.
>>
>>3793992
If you look closer to>>3793186 you will see two Gallons and two Zabels as well. I think Udon intended to highlight the difference between Hunter 1 from Hunter 2 and Savior 1 from Savior 2 without spoiling Phobos and Pyron.
>>
>>3793992
There are two Raptors and two Talbains too. The concept for the cover was supposed to be "two Darkstalkers games colliding", since the release was a two pack of Darkstalkers game. The natural thing to do would be to have the characters exclusive to each one facing off to portray this, i.e. have Donovan, Huitzil and Pyron on one side, Jedah, Lilith, B.B. Hood and Q-Bee on the other. Then maybe sprinkle some of the others in the background. But no, that would make too much sense, so let's have two teams clones of characters that are in both games facing off for some reason that's not confusing at all.
>>
>>3794490
Hunter 2 and Savior 2 aren't relevant at all since they weren't included in this release.
>>
File: ds-huitzil-ex-mockup.gif (103KB, 384x119px) Image search: [Google]
ds-huitzil-ex-mockup.gif
103KB, 384x119px
Obligatory cut/beta content repository:
https://tcrf.net/Category:Darkstalkers_series
>>
File: jojoba.png (31KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
jojoba.png
31KB, 384x224px
MAKE A MIND,

FIYGHT
>>
>>3794539
>MAKE A MIND

Is that what the announcer is saying? I could never figure it out. Granted, I only played the PS1 version, and the voices are kind of garbled in that port.
>>
FIRST

ATTACK
>>
>>3794587
Nyessss.
*silent cheers in the background*
>>
>>3795454
MIRACLE
*sexual moaning*
>>
File: nw-pre-blizzard.png (428KB, 525x384px) Image search: [Google]
nw-pre-blizzard.png
428KB, 525x384px
Found some rips of old official strategy videos on Youtube. Some of them feature narration from Demitri and Morrigan's VAs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plkyH00CHD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBSftOW9acE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Bz-TsnAJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2O0QRM97HI
>>
more people need to play this underrated gem.
>>
>>3793979
Because believe it or not, the Felicia we got is a way, way tamer version of her original concept, as originally Morrigan was supposed to be a cute, clumsy succubi while Felicia was supposed to be a generic "sexy" catwoman.

Once the first character designs began appearing, Morrigan ended up being redefined as a sexy succubi, so her original "cute" role ended up being passed to Felicia instead. That's why with every game and cameo starting from Darkstalkers 3 on, Felicia has been the dumb and comic relief character instead of her serious and mature self from the original Darkstalkers game.
>>
File: Felicia_concept_arts.png (198KB, 555x301px) Image search: [Google]
Felicia_concept_arts.png
198KB, 555x301px
>>3797783
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndyh943Qbn1scnwm6.jpg (339KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndyh943Qbn1scnwm6.jpg
339KB, 500x647px
>>3797786
>>
File: tower-of-arrogance.gif (29KB, 359x223px) Image search: [Google]
tower-of-arrogance.gif
29KB, 359x223px
For the longest time I thought that the Tower of Arrogance stage was the interior of some sort of space ship until I realized that it was actually the side of a building looking down onto the streets below.

I only had the realization when I started actually noticing the helicopter.
>>
>>3794562
I have no clue. That's what it sounds like to me.
>>
>>3797819
>>3797786
I wish they used Rikuos original concept, he was supposed to be a deep one from the Shadow over Innsmouth.

>>3798717
Tower of Arrogance is probably the most creative fighting game background ever made.
>>
>>3798731
>Tower of Arrogance is probably the most creative fighting game background ever made.

It's sometimes hard to believe that this is the same company that shat out the abortion that is street fighter v. 90s capcom had some seriously talented devs back then. i miss it.
>>
>>3798717
>>3798758
Vampire Savior in general has some really interesting stages, since the storyline having it take place inside a demonic pocket dimension allowed them freedom to do all sorts of crazy stuff. Cityscapes with shifted gravity, ukiyoe paintings brought to life, ghost trains, a giant fetus gestating inside a giant womb, etc.
>>
>>3798731
>fighting game background ever made.
Fetus of God in DS3 is better.
>>
>>3798731
>I wish they used Rikuos original concept, he was supposed to be a deep one from the Shadow over Innsmouth.
He's not, he is/was the creature from the black lagoon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricou_Browning
>>
>>3798717
This is the coolest retro fighting game stage to me.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.