[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Popular console for each gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1483061222078.png (383KB, 540x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483061222078.png
383KB, 540x527px
What were the most popular consoles for each gen in your country (NES/SMS and up)? They might not be the one you liked but I'm curious.
I know in the US it was mostly Nintendo all the way, atleast where I lived. NES, SNES, N64.
I personally like nes, Genesis, ps1 but atleast from what I saw those were the systems everyone had. I don't think handhelds should be counted unless you want to because atleast here in the US Nintendo basically held a monopoly over handhelds.
>>
>>3791697

google is your friend
>>
>>3791697
seriously can you not even handle baby-crawling over to wikipedia yourself
>>
Russia
Dendy (Famiclone), Megadrive, PS1.
Dreamcast was fairly popular as well.
>>
>>3791697
I'm from the US, though I use Japanese names for the consoles because I love the Japanese designs for the consoles better than the US designs:
>Famicom
>Super Famicom
>PSOne
>>
>>3793082
You forgot ZX Spectrum and 3DO.
>>
Here in America I'd say it went
NES
SNES
N64
PS2
PS4
>>
File: 11.jpg (331KB, 839x1138px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
331KB, 839x1138px
>>3793082
correct.

>>3793120
>ZX Spectrum
Not a console

>3DO
wasn't popular at all. too expensive and games were crap.
>>
>>3793174
is that box art or was that like a magazine that came out to tell you about games?
id love to read one if there was a translation, it seems amazing that a clone console got its own magazine!
>>
>>3793227
Nigga this ain't /a/
>>
>>3791713
>>3793078
samefag
>>
>>3793149
this is 100% accurate with what ive seen down to the not retro consoles
>>
>>3793238

There is nothing wrong with spoonfeeding and there's nothing you can do to stop me from still doing it.
>>
>>3793238
how is this spoonfeeding?
this seems like a normal discussion and would help people learn something new, i dont believe wikipedia would tell you about the dendy like that russian guy says.
also
>wikipedia
>sonic was created for the purpose of rivaling mario
>>
>>3793247
>Actually, I and others can.
Do what, whine and rattle tits? Get rekd you baby.
>>
>>3793247
woah so this... is the power of /v/
>>
>>3793209
it's a magazine. very similar to nintendo power. it's in russian, no translation as far as i know. if you're interested you can browse through scans here: http://www.great-dragon-scans.ru/arhiv-zhurnala-velikij-drakon/
>>
>>3793174
3DO was more famous than Saturn and N64.
>>
>>3793510
'no'
>>
>>3793690
нeт yes
>>
>>3793149
In my area of the US, it is exactly this except the PS(1) I would say went over more than the N64.
>>
>>3793149
SNES and Genesis were about equal. I knew just as many people who owned one or the other, or even both.

N64 was in no way more popular than the PS1.
>>
>>3793149
In the Chicago and the suburbs it went
NES
Genesis
PS1
PS2
PS4
>>
>>3791697

- Probably NES by a slight margin, but Master System was often seen too
- Mega Drive and Super Nintendo were virtually 50/50
- PlayStation by far
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.