[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Ocean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1415092379978.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1415092379978.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
Who's has better story, Rena or Claude?

Also feel free to discuss Star Ocean, Star Ocean 2, or any other Tri-Ace games.
>>
File: 1485215608495.jpg (84KB, 465x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485215608495.jpg
84KB, 465x640px
I'll always prefer playing rena because I'm not much of a fan of claude

but I'd say rena has a better story because claude's entire story is "everyone likes me because my dad saved the universe", whereas rena actually has a super mystery

but man the beginning-salva mines and the lacour tournament are pretty sloggish

also I really liked the PSP versions of both 1 and 2

blue sphere translation when
>>
>>3791607
Claude gives you the full perspective, so story wise it goes to him.
>>
>>3791607
Go with Claude's part, since its so much better. You miss out on Dias and the furry kid but they're both shit desu.

You can also steal battle armor on the Calnus.
>>
>>3791738
>>3791787
Rena has better ending

if Rena is your main character, your party settles down in Expel, and if Claude is your main character, they end up together in Earth
>>
>>3792003
How is staying with a bunch of stone age savages a better ending?
>>
>>3792126
How is dying in the Earth a better ending??!
>>
Which to play first?
>>
>>3792208
2 on PS1 is the only installment worth a damn. Avoid everything else like the plague.
>>
File: Rena.Lanford.full.123593.jpg (314KB, 700x923px) Image search: [Google]
Rena.Lanford.full.123593.jpg
314KB, 700x923px
>>3792218
Pretty much this desu
>>
>>3792251

She looks stoned.
>>
>>3792218
I meant Rena or Claude. I still have the game, and have played both over 10 years ago, but never got past like the beginning of disc 2
>>
>>3791787
>furry kid
leon? nah, he's the crawd-exclusive. dias is the only rena-exclusive.
>>
>>3791607
Claude. Rena's story is pretty much just Claude's but missing important parts, replacing them with pretty much nothing. She has very little content of her own.

I don't think they should have tried the character select thing, that's one part of this mostly great game that was done very poorly.
>>
Is it true that the game has like 84 endings?
>>
>>3792516
nah it's kinda cool man.. adds replay value plus if girls actually played vidya they could pick the character with the same gender
>>
>>3792218
don't be a jackass

the PSP versions are fine and the original star ocean for famicom was fine

blue sphere might be fine as well but everything that isn't directly related to star ocean 1 and 2 is hot shit
>>
How good are these games? Are they worth playing?

I hear the stories are really awful and cliche or something
>>
>>3793351
>I hear the stories are really awful and cliche or something

I mean. they are anime games. So if you hate anime, don't play them.
>>
>>3794029
How is the anime adaptation?
>>
>>3794083
*I* didn't think it was bad, but it was cliche as hell. Add to that the fact that it stopped when you went from Expel to Nede, and...well, don't expect much in any category, to be honest.
>>
>>3792524
someone pls respond
>>
>>3792524
Yeah, sort of. As in 84 slight variations on the ending. Basically how much the characters like each other by the end changes what endings you get. There are romances, bromances, totally platonic opposite sex treasure huntan endings and forever alone endings.
>>
>>3794083
Comfy as phuck. Not a master piece, but something I would have enjoyed watching as kid on saturday morning tv. It does end too soon, but I think it did a great job with the characters.

Also my gf who hadn't played the game said it was easy to follow and solid 3/5.
>>
>>3791607
Why the fuck did they depart the generational storytelling of 1 and 2 for distant stupid future for 3?

3 should have been Claude and Rena's child going on an adventure.

Also, 3 is kind of it's own thing...4 ties back into 1, and 5 is set before 3.

How come no games tie into 2?
>>
>>3795056
Rena cause she's a qt.
>>
>How come no games tie into 2?

I would like to know this as well
>>
>>3796281
well, obviously 2 is a direct sequel to 1, with claude being the son of one or two of the main characters, then there's the gameboy color game, blue sphere, which has the entire crew of the second game doing space things

in fact, SO2 not only has a direct sequel, but also 2 mangas, a remastered version, and an anime
>>
>>3797209
>an anime
Watched the animu . It was shite tbqh senpai
>>
>>3794083
comfy
>>
>>3795056
>How come no games tie into 2?
2 has a direct sequel for GBC.
>>
>>3795056
Ever heard of blue sphere?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.