[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania Animated Series announced for Netflix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: Belmondo.jpg (23KB, 482x356px) Image search: [Google]
Belmondo.jpg
23KB, 482x356px
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/02/netflix-announces-castlevania-tv-show-for-2017.html

"Inspired by the classic video game series, Castlevania is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself. The animated series is from Frederator Studios, a Wow Unlimited Media company, written by best-selling author and comic book icon Warren Ellis and executive produced by Warren Ellis, Kevin Kolde, Fred Seibert and Adi Shankar."

Discuss.
>>
Will Netflix ever give Japanese people money to make Animus?
>>
File: IMAG0554.jpg (542KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0554.jpg
542KB, 2688x1520px
>>3790145
I know it would a lot harder but I was hoping this was going to be live action. Either way it's probably going to suck.
>>
I want to see Gabriel's descent.

I want to see Simon ripping apart monsters in old dark middle eastern villages.

The hard part will be creating the right atmosphere. But, it can be done. The question is whether they will go dark or try to make something for kids/general audiences- which i think would be a mistake.
>>
>>3790148
Yes.

See: Knights of Cydonia
>>
>>3790215
>Gabriel's descent

wut?
>>
Better buy up those Castlevania games before they shoot up another 150% in price, lads.
>>
>>3790145
Jesus this is going to suck such hairy balls.
>>
Only 20 years too late, good job
>>
>>3790240
Epic! An upboat for you my good gentlesir!
>>
>from the goth ve]rsion of .M Night Shyamalan that brought you A Walk Among The Tombstones and the studio that brought you Adventure Time
Yes it's going to suck
>>
>>3790234

Story from the first Lord of Shadows. He started as a member of the Brotherhood of Light then became the standard "fallen hero" trope.
>>
>>3790223

Judging by the CGI's framerate they needed a litle more.
>>
>>3790309
Honestly, every Japanese CGI series has embarrassingly low framerates. I don't know why.
>>
>>3790148

Kuromukuro. It sucked but there ya go
>>
>>3790314

I'd wager a guess that they have to cut corners in the rendering process to meet deadlines, wouldn't be surprised if some were literally using underpowered office PC's for it either. Fusing CGI and cels looked like the smoothest shit ever when Disney did it in 1990 but small Japanese studios have a hard time pulling it off even now.
>>
Why should I care? Actually why this exists?
Castlevania does not have a good story, Castlevania does not have good characters and is a dead franchise.
Castlevania is just a good old game.
>>
But will it have based Sypha?
>>
>>3790163
Is this the dank new meme?

Why are epic 4channers pretending to hate Netflix now?
>>
Well, that's really fucking strange. I have no idea what to think.
>>
>>3790223
Knights of Sydonia was not funded by Netflix at all and aired on Japanese TV before ever making it Netflix. They just slap "Netflix original" on all the anime they license.
>>
>animated and not live action
>aimed at adults which means no lack of religious symbolism
>produced by one of the guys who produced Dredd
>written by Warren Ellis

I've gone from "this sounds like a bad idea" to cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>3790309
>>3790314
They're trying to emulate traditional anime framerate.
>>
File: castlevania_cover1.jpg (86KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_cover1.jpg
86KB, 500x414px
damn, years later and they were still working on that.
does warren ellis just love castlevania or what?
>>
>>3790831
this is the website for the first version of this project
https://web.archive.org/web/20120626005051/http://castlevaniadraculascurse.com/
all these years and it finally got done
>>
Warren Ellis makes me feel like this is worth a gander
>>
File: tumblr_okk84mKHJu1vi17oko7_250.jpg (14KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okk84mKHJu1vi17oko7_250.jpg
14KB, 212x212px
>>3790215
>>3790298
>Lord of Shadows
>>
>>3790276
Why?
We don't know anything and it's gonna suck?
Because MUH DEEP STORY?
Castlevania is a fucking action platform with Vampires monsters and whip!!
>>
Castlevania is a fun video game series but is completely bereft of any story content. The whole series is basically an interactive reflection of Universal Studios monster pastiches. To make a show of this is to basically make a copy of a copy. Video games don't make for good movie or television content, that's why they are video games.
>>
>>3791164
>Castlevania is a fun video game series but is completely bereft of any story content.
Coff coff.. Lords of shadow
>>
>>3791164
Starting with Lament of Innocence and moving onward, Castlevania became noticeably more plot-heavy.
>>
Why was Belmont such a fag in Captain N?
>>
>>3790223
Isn't that a Muse song?
>>
>>3791235
They had to transplant a personality because he had none in his game.
>>
>>3791237
So they could have given him any personality and they chose colossal faggot mode?
>>
>>3791241
Because Americlaps, they think blonde colossal faggot are likable (see Trump)
>>
>>3790841
Ah, so /pol/cucks getting triggered by the media once again? Nothing new to report.
>>
whatever happened to that one with Trevor's gang a few years back? Or is that this?
>>
>>3791236
It a animu about some guy who falls in love with a giant moe mech.
>>
>>3791529
it probably is.
maybe they came up with something new though.
maybe they can make it a generational thing and n ot focus on one belmont.
>>
>>3790560
I don't know why it seems to be so fucking hard for Westerners to make adult animation that isn't just "edgy" humor and hamfisted political messages? Just take the teleplay for a live-action series and animate it.
>>
>>3791831
Because animation was "for kids", then in the 90s there was a reaction against that, giving rise to its polar opposite - a cartoon as ostensibly "adult" as can be.
>>
>>3791157
>link in OP with lots of details
>We don't know anything
If you're too young to know how to read maybe you'll like it.
>>
>>3791241
The show was goofy entertaining show for kids first, anon. The show would have been dull as dishwater if Pit, Megaman, and Simon all had their "canon" personalities of "noble do-right hero of justice". Hell, the manuals for their respective games don't even describe any of these characters in anything remotely detailed.
>>
>>3790668
Correct. It saves no money at all to artificially limit the framerate. It's still the same animations being played, there's no reason it couldn't be 60fps (or at least 30fps for non-digital station compatability not that that should even be a thing anymore)

It is a stylistic choice. And it looks like fucken shit.
>>
File: Keith_&_Pidge.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Keith_&_Pidge.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>3792507
eh
voltron is bretty gud
>>
File: simon.gif (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
simon.gif
57KB, 500x500px
I want this to be good so bad
>>
>>3790145
Expect it to be done by the cheapest flash studio in Canada they can find.
>>3792616
No, Voltron:LD is fujo garbage.
>>
>>3793262
[Whip cracking intensifies]
>>
It'll be shit.

All the characters will be highly stylized, feminine, the animation will be that sterile computer shit, the battles will be messy and impossible to follow.
>>
>>3791951
There was plenty of animation aimed at adults throughout the 70s and 80s. See Wizards or Heavy Metal.
>>
>>3793262
It's being animated by frederator, they studio that does adventure time.
>>
File: Cid_Portrait.jpg (147KB, 523x690px) Image search: [Google]
Cid_Portrait.jpg
147KB, 523x690px
>>3790145
>>
File: 1473745716881.gif (28KB, 379x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473745716881.gif
28KB, 379x200px
>>3790298
>Lord of Shadows
>>
>>3790292
But if they did an entire season of Adventure Time as a Castlevania shared dream sequence?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.