[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RetroArch removed core-specific configs in 1.4.0. How would I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: retroarch.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
retroarch.png
9KB, 300x300px
RetroArch removed core-specific configs in 1.4.0. How would I recreate the functionality of this config file in the new version?

aspect_ratio_index = "14"
savefile_directory = ":\saves\NES"
savestate_directory = ":\states\NES"
video_scale = "4.000000"

input_player1_left_axis = "-0"
input_player1_right_axis = "+0"
input_player1_up_axis = "+1"
input_player1_down_axis = "-1"

input_player1_l_x_minus_axis = "nul"
input_player1_l_x_plus_axis = "nul"
input_player1_l_y_minus_axis = "nul"
input_player1_l_y_plus_axis = "nul"

#include "D:\Games\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg"
>>
>>3789859
You could try using something user friendly that wasn't cooked up by autists.
>>
>>3789874
How can I use libretro cores without RetroArch?
>>
>>3789879
Zmz for an snes emulator
>>
>>3789859
Don't upgrade. The new one doesn't ad anything useful anyway.
>>
>>3789859
>RetroArch removed core-specific configs in 1.4.0
literally why
>>
>>3789984
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-4-1-major-changes-detailed/

>Radius greatly improved and expanded the config override functionality, adding the ability to save overrides directly from the RetroArch menu, rather than having to create them manually with a text editor. He also added the ability to save per-core and per-game shader presets, which is the main thing users wanted to change from core to core (along with retropad mapping, which is already handled via the per-core/per-game remapping function). With all of this added functionality, we decided to completely remove the conflicting and often broken and unpredictable “per-core configs” option, which had already been deprecated but kept around for legacy/transition support.
>>
Use overrides
>>
>>3789859
Why the fuck would they do that?

>>3789874
I'm an autist and I think RA is horrible as far as user friendliness. What other options are there?
>>
Why is RetroArch's UI so fucking awful? Do the developers actually think it works well?
>>
File: raymond.jpg (110KB, 1019x1019px) Image search: [Google]
raymond.jpg
110KB, 1019x1019px
>>3790016
This guy is the only one who knows what's up.
Core-specific configs were replaced with core/game overrides. Use those instead.
>>
>>3790043
>Why is RetroArch's UI so fucking awful?
Must be the same aliens who designed Blender.
>>
>>3790043
Are you retarded? It's literally just a gamepad/keyboard navigated menu. While it does have a lot of options that can be confusing to new users, it's not hard to use once you learn what those options do.
>>
>>3789859
Create a an override in $config/Core Name/Core Name.cfg (or Game Filename.cfg).

Hint: Load a game and use the save override option to create the file with the correct name.

Then you can just copy everything into that file besides the #include, since that's already implied with overrides.
>>
>>3790043
It isn't.
>>
>>3790337
yes it is

if you think its so great, tell me how to change the "quit retroarch" hotkey to "none".
>>
>>3790541
set "input_exit_emulator" in retroarch.cfg to "nul"
>>
>>3790337
You're right. It's not fucking awful. That's an insult to fucking awful.
>>
>>3789859
did they add a feature to let you edit playlists without opening them all up in a text editor and manually typing out the paths? no? you still have to rely on the shitty automatic scanner??? then fuck retroarch
>>
>>3790925
No one scans their roms. Just load your games like a normal person you mongoloid.
>>
>>3791023
>No one scans their roms.

i would if it worked. it's fine for NES games as long as you're using the no-intro sets or whatever, but it's useless for arcade stuff. If you have a bunch of different systems it's nice having playlists for each one.
>>
>>3789859
You can use the same config file (without the #include). You just have to name it "Nestopia.cfg" instead of "nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg" or whatever and put it in config\Nestopia\.
>>
>>3791761
Sweet, that works. Thanks
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.