[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic things you still don't understand about yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: NGPC5.jpg (148KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
NGPC5.jpg
148KB, 1600x900px
>Be younger me
>Always love obscure games for some reason
>desperately want pic related
>only have Pac man
>and fuck around the home screen
>never find games for it in stores
>parents won't let me order stuff
>12:30 shows up as 00:30
>I hate it solely for this stupid reason
>trade for a shitty pda I only ended up using to type up and store song lyrics to like 3 songs

Not like it's super rare or valuable but I didn't even give it a real chance, now I want one.

Also had a gamecom

Wasn't the worst but it wasn't great.
>>
>>3788357
I wonder how the NGPC would have fared if pokemon hadn't swept up literally every single kid with it's retard friendly "rpg" gameplay and cute fuzzy animals...
>>
>>3788453
It would have still failed. I love the NGPC but it doesn't have enough variety compared to the GBC at the time. If Sega failed with Game Gear then SNK couldn't have done better.
>>
>>3788357
Did you trade it for a slim SNES? Because you sound just like the guy I got my CIB NGPC from.
>>
>>3788357
I had one of these, the KoF game was great. The only other game I remember is some decent tennis game. This was pretty much the entire library.
>>
I'm NGPC is 40km away of my current position and because of you I wanna play it now.

SNK vs Capcom is the best game but I still can't beat the arcade mode in Gamer difficulty with only one character :(
>>
I had a similar problem, got one from a used game store for a decent price i could afford with just allowance money, but since i only had like 2 games and couldnt get more, i slowly lost interest and sold it to get some other used games
Now i look back and feel like a fool for not just holding on to it for the sake of collection, same with an old ass game gear we had too
>>
File: capsnk-misc05.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
capsnk-misc05.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
>>3788589
>This was pretty much the entire library
I will fricking kill you, the NGPC had a good chunk of great games.
SNK Vs CAPCOM: Match of the Millennium
SNK Vs CAPCOM Card Fighters Clash: CAPCOM Version & SNK Version
Gal Fighters
Neo Turf Masters
Metal Slug 1st Mission
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
All the fantastic ports from fighters like, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury and Samurai Showdown.
Also it had some pretty good strategy games like Battle Ogre and Fasalei.
So yhea, saying that the based NeoGeoPocketColor has a poor library is really not true.
>>
>>3788929
Also Dark Arms, Sonic and the Puzzle Link games.
>>
I have some
All consoles are new

Yes, I'm proud
>>
>>3788929
All those single player fighters. Good luck finding someone else who owns a Neo Geo Pocket and a copy of those games to play with you.
>>
File: 1675248-motmmono___copy__6_.png (25KB, 499x321px) Image search: [Google]
1675248-motmmono___copy__6_.png
25KB, 499x321px
>>3789043
>Muh fighting community
Fighting games are fun even when played all by yourself, if it wasn't like that why would you play them at all? just to socialize?
>>
>>3788357
>that skin
unf
>>
>>3789149
>playing by yourself is fun
Yeah for like 20 minutes.
>>
>>3789186
Then why you play them? to socialize?
>>
>>3789226
Nigger this is an e-sport you play to get good and be competitive.
>>
File: 1485634920664.jpg (84KB, 572x574px) Image search: [Google]
1485634920664.jpg
84KB, 572x574px
>>3789234
Lel.
>>
>>3789234
>fighting games have no value unless played against other people
You've never tried to play through the single player on an SF2 arcade machine, have you?

>>3789043
Actually the most difficult part of the whole equation is finding the link cable. It was never released outside Japan and is stupid expensive, like $50+
>>
>>3789749
The "playing the CPU is wrong" autist has probably never played a fighting game in an arcade, or else he would realize that one of the times you play the CPU is when you're waiting for a human opponent to join.
>>
>>3789234
Games are not sports, mate. Even chess makes you pee in a cup.
>>
File: 1428866339707.jpg (242KB, 1438x1080px)
1428866339707.jpg
242KB, 1438x1080px
>>3789234
>this is an e-sport
>>
>>3789785

training by fighting the cpu actually teaches you a bunch of bad habits, makes you play worse in the long term
>>
>>3789994
>You're making this so easy, I'm actually getting worse
True
>>
>>3789994
If you play computer opponents and then expect you'll be good against humans, you won't.

However, playing CPU opponents will not suck your skills away.
>>
>>3788357
>>3789031
Looks like such a cool little handheld but the games just don't really interest me at all.

Is the thing even worth buying unless you are a collector? Is it comfy to play and hold?
>>
>>3791314
It's about the same size as a gba, the stick is really good.

If games doesn't interest you, don't bother buying one. Use your money for games that you really want.
>>
>>3791314
It's one of the best designed handhelds ever. It has a small library but is diverse and nearly everything is top notch. I guess you're into point and click or something?
>>
File: 90798-Gals_Fighters-3[1].jpg (79KB, 445x522px) Image search: [Google]
90798-Gals_Fighters-3[1].jpg
79KB, 445x522px
>people bitching about playing fighters against the CPU
>they don't know all the crazy Marvel-tier combos you can do all day in Gals Fighters
https://youtu.be/DKRk7HfYn1U

Even the training mode is hours of fun in this game and it has only 11 playable characters, I'd sell one of my kidneys if SNK made a compilation port of these games supporting emulated 2-player mode with decent netplay (but who are we kidding here)
>>
>>3788929
>good chunk of great games
>lists 6 where most of them are pretty much the exact same game
>there's barely 2 or 3 games there actually

Try again buddy. I really love those games but let's be real too.
Sure, NGPC did portable fighters way better they they all were SD styled with the same engine and in essence, the same game, just changing the characters.
>>
>>3788453
it wouldn't have done that well, and then the GBA came out
but IIRC, SNK only dropped it because they were busy going bankrupt in general, it was selling enough to make a bit of money

>>3789043
out of everything, the bit that pisses me off the most about NGPC emulation is the fact that I can't run two copies on the same machine and have them link together
it almost worked -- but the second emulated ngpc wouldn't take input unless focused, and then the connection would die

all I want to do is play Match of the Millennium with someone, fuck
>>
>>3790781
Piss off, Sniper.
>>
>>3788357
That sucks that you didn't get any other games anon.

I am like you in that I always had a thing for obscure games, not sure why.

I had a neo geo pocket color (after it flopped), tapwave zodiac, and an n-gage qd (after it flopped). I also destroyed my dad's PC with viruses trying to find rare obscure Yu-Gi-Oh and dragon Ball z games on Kazaa haha. Guess I have always been a hipster at heart.
>>
>>3792802
Are you retarded?
None of the fighters on the system play the same, they have enough differences between them to actually enjoying them for what they are like any other fighter ever, also how in the fuck besides the fighters you count less than two games worth in the system.
>>
>>3792847
>all I want to do is play Match of the Millennium with someone, fuck
Then go play the original, fag.
>>
>>3792775
Looks broken to me.
>>
>>3792847
I recall trying to grab all the NGPC emulators I could find a while ago and the only one that seemed to implement netplay at all was Koyote, in my experience it would disconnect within 5 seconds even with two instances on localhost connected to each other

Are there any other NGPC emulator projects that at least tried to implement 2-player mode, online or not? Koyote is so dated now that it even forces 16-bit color on startup and as far as I can tell it's not open-source so there's no chance of taking it and fixing it up

>>3793136
>missing out on the characters that only appeared in the NGPC version
>>
>portable fighters
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>3791314
Try some of the games in an emulator to see if you like them. I believe retro arch has a neo geo core.

I had one as a kid and played the shit out of it and then sold it because I had played through all the games I wanted to play on it, no regrets.

Idk how much they cost now though, I got mine a few years after GBA launched and they were being liquidated in blister packs at eb gamds.
I think there's an Everdrive for it which could save you some money depending on what games you want.

You gotta get SNK vs Capcom Match Of The Millenium
>>
This is my favorite handheld system. I own 4 systems, a link cable, duplicates of the best multiplayer games, and carrying cases. Isn't too hard to get multiplayer going if you have everything required on your person. Most of the fighting games have more single player content than Arcade Mode; KOF R-2 has an RPG-lite story mode and SNK MotM has multiple minigames in addition to 3 fighting styles where you earn points for secondary super moves. Dive Alert and Card Fighters are fun, unique RPGs that include multiplayer. There's plenty of fighting games but with 83 games total, there's also plenty of others!
>>
>>3793136
You're a special kind of retarded. It's a different game from CvS1 or 2, and it's not the shitpile that was SvC:Chaos.

>>3793294
shit, I think it was Koyote that I tryed
>>
File: in to the trash it goes.png (190KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
in to the trash it goes.png
190KB, 300x400px
>>3793309
>i never played on NGPC
>muh uninformed opinion
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.