[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_lu8329wxuH1qgrncno1_500.gif (328KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu8329wxuH1qgrncno1_500.gif
328KB, 500x300px
Opinions anyone?
>>
Good. game. Though really there's no such thing as a bad Kirby game.
>>
File: Checkerscreen.png (54KB, 296x218px) Image search: [Google]
Checkerscreen.png
54KB, 296x218px
A little too easy, even for a Kirby game.
Ability mixing was cool, but underutilized. Looks pretty good for a 64 game.
Fucking great soundtrack and fun multiplayer.
>>
>>3788090
a fond memory of my childhood.
>>
'member when you could turn into a fridge?
That was awesome.
>>
Slow
>>
>>3788113
'Member the lightsaber??

But no really, this is a beloved game of mine. Not the best Kirby game, or even my favorite Kirby game, but it's got a lot of personality and there's tons of fun to be had. I remember I brought it to my best friend's house one night and even though he only ever played sports games and the like, he was completely enraptured by it and we stayed up all night beating it.
>>
File: noice.png (100KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
100KB, 241x207px
>>3788137
>he was completely enraptured by it and we stayed up all night beating it.
>>
>>3788104
>underutilized

Did you 100% the game by any chance? You need to mix to destroy all the blocks holding the shards. It was very easy though even when you 100% it. The first world is so fucking comfy, especially the autumn themed level.
>>
File: 3850226i.jpg (100KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
3850226i.jpg
100KB, 620x465px
>>
>>3788090
Favorite Kirby, mixing powers was the best.
>>
>>3788090
It's an easy game, but a good game. The only thing fatally wrong with it are the physics. If it felt more fluid, like Kirby's Adventure, it would have been a lot more enjoyable.
>>
>>3788627
all three of the "Dark Matter" Kirby games are a bit on the clunky side, really

takes a little work to adjust to it, I know how you feel
>>
>>3788634
2 is perfectly fine, better than the first.
3 is great and fluid, since running speed is the same as movement speed in every other game. Get the "smooth hovering" patch to make it perfect
64 is the only one that feels especially clunky.
>>
>>3789271
Ah? Maybe it was just me, then.

Regardless, I still like all three of them. 3 especially.
>>
>>3788090
One of the worst games in the franchise. Only redeeming factors are the multiplayer and dual powers.

Don't misunderstand me. It's not a BAD game. It's just on the lower end as far as Kirby games go.
>>
Its got that polygonal charm. Shiver Star and Ripple Star are among my favorite levels, really all the levels are just nice to look at and have their individual flair. Not to mention the sick tunes.
>>
>>3789707
This.

There are no bad Kirby games, but this one is less good. For me it's mostly because Kirby moves so damn slow.

Bitchin music, tho
>>
File: 1459129081175.png (401KB, 466x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459129081175.png
401KB, 466x500px
>>3788090
It has best girl
>>
File: kirby0490.jpg (27KB, 511x396px) Image search: [Google]
kirby0490.jpg
27KB, 511x396px
>>3788474
>You need to mix to destroy all the blocks holding the shards
Out of 72 shards, only 13 require mixed abilities.

But yeah, the forest level was super comfy. My favorite was the beach though.
>>
It always saddens me to hear people talk so poorly of this game, because it is one of those that was really magical for me at the time of its release, and I still enjoy it today.

Kirby is clunky, that's true. But getting to witness all of those wacky transformations, as well as the many ways you could interact with the world, was always delightful to me. The combo system never really gets to shine other than when you get that one combo that wrecks everything- even bosses- but it's still fun. I don't know, I just think people give it too hard a time.
>>
File: 1464324937187.jpg (111KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
1464324937187.jpg
111KB, 800x801px
>>3790412
It has both of them!
>>
File: shooting stars.jpg (462KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shooting stars.jpg
462KB, 750x1024px
>>3790895
I feel the the same. Shimomura's games have this atmospheric vibe to it, like a real feeling of adventure to them. Crystal shards defines this the most.
>>
>>3790895
It was my first Kirby game, and I still think it's pretty good.
>>
>>3790447
I loved becoming the little rock bird and flying through the beach world.

>>3790374
The problem for me is I played Crystal Shards first and then I played Superstar. Everything else doesn't seem as good as far as powerups go. I really loved the ability to mix two powerups and create a fridge or a lightsaber or throwing stars. Squeek squad was okay but limited with the transformations.
>>
File: Kirby64CutterIce.gif (946KB, 293x164px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby64CutterIce.gif
946KB, 293x164px
>>3793486
>I loved becoming the little rock bird and flying through the beach world
Oh man, I'm not the only one. I'd land at the tip of the little dunes so he'd roll around.
I also liked going back to water levels with the ice skates and twirling all the way to the bottom.
>>
>>3794014
Those ice skates were a power j thought was useless at first. Once I it good with them though I loved them. Going through a room with obstacles and platforming and never needing to take off the skates feels great.

Thinking on it I really don't know what my favorite power is, there's a or of good ones. Throwing stars and light saber come to mind. Spike+cutter was op as fuck.

I also really liked how holding different enemies over your head after inhaling them would have different effects. Like some enemies would shoot projectiles or fire that would hurt other enemies, or certain enemies would let you float down or fly while holding them. And some would just fall apart. There were a lot of nice little touches on this game.

The game may not be as fast as other kirbys but it's still one of my favorites. It just does a really good job of putting me in a good mood.
>>
>>3795093
The holding enemies mechanic was really neat because the game never really bothers to tell you about it, you just find out on your own.
>>
>>3788113
I once fought every single boss as the fridge just to see if I could.
>>
>>3795093
>I also really liked how holding different enemies over your head after inhaling them would have different effects.
holy shit
>>
>>3796019
It was originally developed for Waddle Dee, not Kirby. Waddle Dee would have a grab move too, you can see Kirby use it in an early trailer.
>>
>>3795093
>I also really liked how holding different enemies over your head after inhaling them would have different effects

Say what? I didn't even know you could do that. Holy shit. I need to play it again
>>
>>3796151
It blew my mind as a kid. I discovered it pretty early too, maybe the second or third level. You can hold a flying enemy over your head and it lifts you up. Pretty neat.

Throwing stars were OP but so much fun. Throw it from as far away as possible and wait for the satisfying *click* and then then explosion.
>>
>>3797369
Throwing star and the heat-seeking missiles were my favourite. Also kinda liked the one that turns Kirby into a bow, just because it's so ridiculous and silly. That game was very imaginative.
>>
>>3795093
>that one ruins level
>pick up Bronto Burt
>jump and fly as high as possible
>land in the water, pick up a fish
>go fast
>get another Bronto Burt
found the crystal by the ceiling this way
>>
>>3788090
Cool power combination system, plenty of secrets, well-designed levels, cool music and art style, nice that puffing up has a limit. Fun times on the whole.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.