[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Princess Maker Refine for Steam - Teaser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (17KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17KB, 241x209px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fOF1n15g8

>tfw we may see the entire translated series translated in our lifetimes
>>
File: 1408727450539.png (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1408727450539.png
234KB, 1024x768px
Oh my god it's actually happening.
>>
How censored was Refine? I remember PM1 having a lot of nude enemies and the like.
>>
Awesome news.
>>
The translation looks awful.
>>
Give me a reason why I, a grown-ass man, should give a shit about these games.
>>
>>3789159
Grown ass men are exactly the target audience for this.
>>
>>3789165
Alright let me rephrase. Why should I, a grown-ass man who has also had sex with a woman, give a shit about these games?
>>
File: princess-maker-2-ss4.png (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
princess-maker-2-ss4.png
124KB, 640x480px
>>3789204
If you don't already know who Gainax or Princess Maker is, I guess it's not for you.
Basically it's a VN with Scheduling and Japanese RPG elements.
>>
>>3789210
>it's a VN
VN sure means a lot of different genres these days
>>
>>3789232
Ever played True Love or Tokimeki Memorial? It's a Visual Novel with Schedule Management like those.
>>
File: princess-maker-2-ss5.png (102KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
princess-maker-2-ss5.png
102KB, 640x480px
It's not exactly wrong to call it a Visual Novel, is it?
>>
>>3789204
Do you have children?
>>
>>3789242
What part about it is a visual novel? You rarely get more than three lines of text. Most conventional RPGs have more.
>>
>>3789282
The cutscenes are entirely done in VN style.
>>
>>3789282
It's the presentation more than anything.
>>
>>3789285
What cut scenes, the intro and epilogue?
>>
>>3789292
The ones that play when you're not clicking stats or adventuring.
>>
>>3789240
>>3789242
It's just funny how back in the day the whole reason the term "visual novel" came into popular use in English was to distinguish novel games from simulations like Tokimeki Memorial, and now people are calling them the same genre.
>>
>>3789307
I didn't know that.
>>
>>3789287
This seems to be the case.
If you ask someone for a definition of "visual novel," they'll describe a simple choose-your-own-adventure book, but that doesn't match the gameplay in Princess Maker or Tokimeki Memorial. It seems there's developed a gap between the definition and the actual usage.

This perception of what elements define a genre is actually kind of fascinating to me. Another one that stood out to me over the years is the faction of people who perceive Phantasy Star Online to be a Diablo-clone vs. the faction of people who perceive PSO to be in the same genre as Monster Hunter.
>>
It's nowhere close to a Visual Novel.
>>
>>3789307
And dating sim got applied to games without sim or dating elements.
Visual novel should refer to Leaf's style of adventures like Kizuato, Sizuku or ToHeart.
>>
Visual Novel implies non-game anyways.
>>
>>3787931
That's great!

>>3789127
It really does, unfortunately. Hopefully it's pre-final.

>>3789318
Princess Maker 4 and 5 are actually much more closer to a VN than the earlier games. PM5 in particular lets you decide things as your daughter as opposed to the parent, even.
>>
>>3790180
To be fair the PM2R re-translation also started out choppy as well but they've improved it a good bit since release.

Its still not perfect, but good enough.
>>
>>3790180
Also, outta curiosity, what are your thoughts on 4/5 compared to 2?
>>
I'm happy it's getting translated and everything, but the art direction looks terrible just like the Steam release of 2.

Wish they'd keep the original artwork.
>>
>>3787931
Actually pretty exciting news, I was very curious about this game after playing PM2 Refine, but I only tried the fan translated MSX version. Wasn't comfy at all.
>>
>>3789204
You're quite lucky
>>
>>3790209
I'm surprised nobody has developed a filter to make 2 look more like the DOS version honestly.
>>
>>3790191
Princess Maker 4 is alright. Depending on what you liked most about PM2 it can feel like a step down but I think it does a pretty good job of making up for what it lacks when compared to 2. It's more streamlined with less stats to manage, which is quite honestly a good thing. In place of keeping track of arbitrary stats there's fancy events that can be triggered and altered by having stats be certain amounts and by making certain decisions. These are both plot-related events and regular everyday events. It's a lot more plot-heavy than PM2 which again, is a welcomed change IMO.

Everyone goes on about the the lack of adventures but there's still a lot to explore and remains a pretty fun game. Your daughter also makes friends now, which is a nice way of breaking the closed dome feeling PM1 and 2 had.

I haven't played PM5 but from what I've heard it does the best job of making you feel like you're raising a little girl. I haven't played 3 because of the daughter's fivehead.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.