[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here prefers this to the Genesis for one reason or another?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: SNES.jpg (17KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
SNES.jpg
17KB, 400x258px
Who else here prefers this to the Genesis for one reason or another?
>>
>>3784770
Me me
>>
Pretty much the entire board.
>>
File: laughter.jpg (100KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
100KB, 640x426px
>>3784770

Ricoh 5A22
>>
>YM2612
>mono
>61 colors
>three buttons
Is the Megashit even 16-bit
>>
>>3784853
Pretty unfair to compare them.
One is from the 80's other from the 90's
>>
>>3784853
32-bit internally with 24-bit addressing on a 16-bit data bus. It's not mono either.
>>
I prefer the mega drive but whatever floats your boat. I like the sufami too.
>>
>>3784853
>>mono

bitch, it has stereo headphone output. You can hook that up to your hifi tower if you want. Can't do that on the SNES.
>>
File: Super Famicom.jpg (174KB, 1005x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super Famicom.jpg
174KB, 1005x480px
>>3784770
I prefer the Japanese Super Famicom.

But I prefer both of them over the Mega Drive.
>>
I mean yeah, Genesis's library isn't very remarkable.
>>
>>3784770
Most people.

Sega fags became petty Sonyggers.
And like Sega who killed started a slow suicide with the CD and 32X add-ons, Sony is killing itself with VR and the PS4 during mid-cycle.

The ps4 pro is what the ps4 should have fucking been in the first place!
>>
Why not enjoy both?
>>
>>3784864
Doesn't matter, they still failed with the Sega CD and the 32X.
Then they got BTFO completely when they made an official console afterwards.

But yeah, are you admitting that the Genesis was inferior to the SNES?
You did say "it isn't fair" after all.
>>
>>3786175
Yeah, it's shit.

Comix zone and Toejam and Earl were the only good Genesis games.

It really seems like the Genesis is the precursor to the ps4.
>>
>>3786378
I always thought Sega fans became Microsoft fans.

And Nintendo fans who became disillusioned with Nintendo went with Sony.

And there are those who remained loyal to Nintendo.
>>
>>3786385
Everyone got BTFO by the Playstation X. The N64 was outsold by the Saturn in every market except the US, by the way.
>>
Copypasting from the other thread because it just fits here.

People still fail to see if Sega failed it was for a reason and not because it's a misunderstood child and the whole world had bad taste.

They failed because they fucked up, it's the logical conclusion.

And now they make games for Nintendo.
>>
>>3786394
The games they made for Nintendo are better than Nintendo's, F Zero GX for example.
>>
>>3786393
weren't most people stuck playing DENDYS in other markets?
>>
>>3786398
The two other major markets are Japan and Europe/Australia where the Saturn outsold the N64.
>>
What a unique thread. Thank you for your immense amount of thought put into this post, anon!
>>
I do as I don't find fart noises appealing
>>
File: Lively.jpg (161KB, 1079x1288px) Image search: [Google]
Lively.jpg
161KB, 1079x1288px
>>3784770
Why are people here too autistic to love both?
>>
>>3786393

>playstation x

You're just trying to trigger these faggots aren't you?
>>
>>3786397
They why do they keep failing at everything else?

See Dreamcast and Sonic 06
>>
I had more playtime on my snes than my genesis, but there were still many games on the genesis that I enjoyed the fuck out of. Stupid thread attempting to bait a console war shit fest.
>>
>>3784853
>three buttons
>>
>>3784770
Genesis has some absolute gems that I'll always love to play, but the SNES has the better library over all. When it comes to sports games, Sega shines.
>>
>>3786475
Yet the best soccer game (ISS Deluxe) is on SNES.
>>
>>3786489
...I just saw it exists for Mega Drive too...!!!
>>
>>3784770
They were both good.
Both had strengths and weaknesses.
It was a golden age of vidya
>>
>>3786435

Not that guy, but like anything else I guess it's a case-by-case basis.

Some games they make are good...some they make are shit as shit in the shit by the shit for the shit.
>>
>>3786489
There's a Megadrive port.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (245KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
245KB, 1600x1200px
>>3784936
Actually, you can if you use A/V cables that came with the system.
You could even can hook your Snes to a stereo and record it's music onto a cassette tape to listen it later.
>>
>>3787251
>You could even can hook your Snes to a stereo and record it's music onto a cassette tape to listen it later.
now that's being a weapons-grade hipster
I like it.
>>
>>3787284
That's what people used to do back then, broseidon.
I remember a Nintendo Power issue where they listed all games with sound tests (hidden or normal) and then they explained you how to hook your Snes to a stereo to record the music, etc.

Back then people also used to record their gaming runs into videocassete tapes to exchange them among friends for bragging rights and what have you, like some kind of pre-internet Youtubbers.
>>
>>3787251
>>3787284
I've recorded a playthrough of Super Metroid on a VHS.
>>
I love both but I prefer the genesis.
>>
>>3786393
>The N64 was outsold by the Saturn in every market except the US, by the way

Yeah, no.

>>3786398
>weren't most people stuck playing DENDYS in other markets?

American retardation the second.
>>
>>3786456
>late-run release
>only like a half dozen games that even need it.
>>
>>3788587
>only like a half dozen games that even need it.
which ones by the way? just out of curiosity
>>
>>3787181
Shit
Every
Game
Always
>>
File: 54859946.jpg (50KB, 480x601px) Image search: [Google]
54859946.jpg
50KB, 480x601px
Why was the Genesis sound hardware so weak?

Ren and Stimpy Theme:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7tNDkEACSY

SNES version:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6O39QJCAhk

Genesis version:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQd_QJZ94PI
>>
>>3790076

Genesis sound hardware was good when employed by people who knew how to use it properly. That's just a hell of a lot less likely to be the case when you're talking about a game based on a friggin' kids TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KfPM8xJWgM
>>
>>3790076
Nigger say that to my metal squad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw
>>
>>3790307
my nigger!
>>
I think the good SNES games are better than the good MegaDrive games. It also has the RPG's on its side.

However its fanboys on this board are fuckin' toxic, chill out jeez, one was a competitor to the PC Engine and the other was a competitor to the MegaDrive.

Best SNES game coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZC3g-6R3a0

Best SNES soundtrack coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNq-8IBerXQ
>>
>>3784864
They're one year apart, numbnuts.
>>
>>3787298
>Back then people also used to record their gaming runs into videocassete tapes to exchange them among friends for bragging rights and what have you, like some kind of pre-internet Youtubbers.

The earliest known speedrun of Mario 64 was recorded onto a VHS.
>>
>>3786393
>The N64 was outsold by the Saturn in every market except the US, by the way.

No.

>Saturn
>After the debut of the Nintendo 64 in late 1996, the Saturn rapidly lost market share in the U.S., where it was discontinued in 1998.
>500,000 Saturn units were sold in Japan by the end of 1995 (compared to 300,000 PlayStation units), and sales exceeded 1 million within the following six months. There were conflicting reports that the PlayStation enjoyed a higher sell-through rate, and the system gradually began to overtake the Saturn in sales during 1995.
>After its European launch on September 29, by early November 1995 the PlayStation had already outsold the Saturn by a factor of three in the United Kingdom, where it was reported that Sony allocated ₤20 million to market the system during the holiday season compared to Sega's ₤4 million.
>Within two days of its September 9, 1995 launch in North America, the PlayStation sold more units than the Saturn had in the five months following its surprise launch, with almost all of the initial shipment of 100,000 units being presold in advance, and the rest selling-out across the U.S.
>Having sold 9.26 million units worldwide, the Saturn is considered a commercial failure.

>N64
>During the system's first three days on the market, retailers sold 350,000 of 500,000 available console units. During its first four months, the console yielded 500,000 unit sales in North America.
>Nintendo successfully outsold Sony and Sega early in 1997 in the US; and by the end of its first full year, 3.6 million units were sold in the US.
>The company would continue to outsell the Sega Saturn throughout the generation, but would trail behind the PlayStation.
>as of December 31, 2009, the Nintendo 64 yielded a lifetime total of 5.54 million system units sold in Japan, 20.63 million in the Americas, and 6.75 million in other regions, for a total of 32.93 million units.

The N64 sold more outside the Americas than the Saturn did period.
>>
>>3790507
Yeah, as a big Segafag, the Capcom and Konami stuff on SNES is definitely my favorite thing about the system. Especially the Japan-only stuff like Goemon and Parodius.
>>
>>3786168
thats how they look in the uk also your grey and purple ones look weird.
>>
>>3790302
>>3790307
stop talking to yourself you fart beep boop loving weirdo
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.