[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

resident evil thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 6c0b876aa4d5be276cf8e8e8f7a741b7.jpg (161KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
6c0b876aa4d5be276cf8e8e8f7a741b7.jpg
161KB, 1032x774px
So i'm playing through the original trilogy again.
Last night, began resident evil 1 (Jill) and finished it early in the morning.
My time was just under 4 hours.
When I was younger I always considered Resi 1 to be the hardest of the 3, by far. But having completed it last night, I realized just how easy it actually is. I finished the game with something like 12 magnum bullets, 25 sg shells, 100 beretta bullets, 10 acid rounds, 10 grenade rounds, and 5 flame rounds.
This happens everytime I play the resi games,
I try my best to dodge everything, conserve my ammo like crazy, and by the end of the game realize I could have killed practically everything.

I'm about to play resi 2 (Leon), and this time I'm going to kill everything that gets in my way.
i'm tired of having to use up my grenade rounds on the last zombies of the game, purely for the hell of it.
Which resi would you guys consider the most difficult? (including cv)
Also, god damn do i wanna play remake.. Is it a tough game?
>>
>>3784734
Wow, good shit anon. I still fuck up burning the bastards so they don't get back up!
>>
REmake is a must
you can change difficulty
>>
>>3784734
>Which resi would you guys consider the most difficult? (including cv)
From hard to easy CV > RE1 > RE3 > RE2
>Also, god damn do i wanna play remake.. Is it a tough game?
Remake is way harder than RE1, but you can choose the difficulty (easy and hard for GC/Wii, plus normal in the HD remaster)
>>
>>3784756
Is it me, or did they ruin the knife on REmake?

>Laggy as hell
>Poor range

Other than that, been playing REmake like crazy since Xmas.
>>
I assume you are replaying because you finished RE7. It successfully echoed the themes and mechanics of all the original games, don't you agree? So much so that I was tempted to drop it in chapter 2 because I still, 20 years later, fucking hate the relentless unkillable pursuer mechanic of RE3. It's a damn good thing Marguerite is dumber or I might not have persevered. So in terms of classic game difficulty I would say

3 (in a bad way) > CV > 1 > 2 (in a good way)

There's a CV hate thread up right now that I've been avoiding since I enjoyed that one so much having imported it and it being the first brand new AAA game I played in progressive scan. Resident Evil games are always very memorable bookmarks in my life too and it doesn't help that things were not great for 3 and then I was going through great personal loss for 5 so much that I avoided 6 which turned out to be a good thing. The newest game returning to the way things are supposed to be feels just right in sync with my life though, as video games always have.
>>
File: the jillensandwichen.png (200KB, 346x456px) Image search: [Google]
the jillensandwichen.png
200KB, 346x456px
>>3784734
I didn't really think it was that tough of a game when I really put my heart into playing through it, but I did manage to beat it in a ridiculous 11 hours

in terms of difficulty it really kinda depends on one thing

CV > 3 > CV while using the knife very often = 2 = 1

>>3784841
I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't a fan of the combat in REmake/RE0. it just felt... lifeless or something
>>
>>3784750
>>3784756
damn, i want to play REmake so bad.
i went around town hoping somewhere had a copy of it on gc, but to no avail.
I find it interesting that you rank CV as the hardest. I think i've only completed it twice, but i dont recall it being too tricky.
I do recall finding the characters rather silly and annoying though.

>>3784858
I'm not replaying due to 7, I havnt even played 5,6 or 7.
5 and 6 do not appeal to me, I dislike how the virus turns people into 100 foot tall monstrosities.
I mean i know resi games are a bit OTT sometimes, but I draw the line at monsters bigger than buildings. (Which start off the size of a human).
I think no.7 looks really interesting, and will certainly play it, but i dont own a ps4/ good pc, and cant see my buying one for just one game.
The only reason Im playing these games again is purely because i love them to pieces.

BTW, started no.2 (as leon) this morning, in the final lab now, probably took me 3 hours.
And i STILL have tonnes and tonnes of excess ammo....!
I believe they intended for you to kill the majority of the zombies at the beginning, because i have a ridiculous amount of hg bullets.
But thinking about it, when you consider how many times the zombies in resi 2 are grouped close together... it's very easy to just take them all out with one sg blast, avoiding wasting 20 hg bullets. (taking 3 out in one was very satisfying btw).

Gunna move onto 3 tonight.
The most difficult of the trilogy in my experience, simply due to the first nemesis encounter which i always struggle with.
>>
Every survival horror is piss easy when you know where to go and what to do. The difficulty is only when you make mistakes with routes you take and poor resource management due to going in a direction that leads to a dead end and needing to go back to a new area that now has too many enemies in your way because you used up what you had going the wrong way
>>
File: 1000.jpg (96KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1000.jpg
96KB, 1000x750px
>>3785302
Pretty much this.

I think RE3 has some difficulty playthroughs before it gets easy, as the scenarios can change depending on where you go first in different parts of the game.. Which is great if you ask me.
RE3 have always been my favorite of the series, mostly because of Nemesis. The fear he brings knowing he can appear at any time is so great and the shortage of ammo makes it perfect. Nice and simple story to it aswell; just get the fuck oit of there! Nice combo of Horror, action and puzzles.

RE1 I only feel had a challange the first play of each carracter, but the atmosphere is fantastic. Great game and my 2. favorite.

RE2 I never cared much for, the story was meh, the whole g-virus deal and underground lab was just too ridiculous. But the worst is how much fucking ammo you have. You barely have to move during the boss fights, just plow away.

C:V I liked the gameplay alot, great atmosphere and not too easy.
But game. Fuck this game. Fucking Neo-Wesker (that is now suddently alive again) and that over the top faggot dr.evil villain, cringeworthy cutscenes and "story". Just plain stupid. They must have been on some hard shit when they came up with this.

The story ended with 3 for me, it was such a good period at the end of a great story.

"Resident evil 4" and onwards is not resident evil. AT ALL. I will never get why people love this garbage so much, it feels like its 3 different games throughout, and none of them are fucking resident evil. I have not played 5, 6 or 7, and I never will.
>>
>>3786000 (check'd)
7 is p good, man
>>
>>3786000

RE4 isn't anything like a normal RE game but it's a great game on its own. RE5 isn't nearly as good but it's fun in co-op. RE6 has worse co-op than RE5 but has a lot of content. I haven't played 7 yet.
>>
>>3786010
Don't listen to this faggot. 7 is worse than 5 and 6, but better than 4. The story is a fucking mess and the gameplay is garbage.
>>
>>3786150
No, no fuck you. None of them are worse than 6. Fuck you in the ass.

And 6 isn't even that bad, but 7 is legitimately really good. Fuck you and your hipster bullshit.
>>
>>3786150

How can it be worse than 5 and 6 if it's better than 4?
>>
>>3784734
I played RE 1 for the first time a few month ago and was really surprised how easy it is. Everyone said u gotta save ur bullets!!! And so I did and ended up with way too much ammo left over in both play throughs (girl version and boy version)

Really fun game tho
>>
>>3784858
I looked at 7 and I think it's too spooky for me lol. I haven't played any current gen games and the realism is just too much for me for a spooky game.
>>
>>3786220
Because he's clearly either pretending to be retarded or legitimately retarded.

>>3786263
It does look shockingly real plus it's compatible with /vr/ headsets. I'm going to do my second runthrough on easy with the Albert-01R that I unlocked and try to work out a fast route to get those unlocks before I take on madhouse mode. Now is probably the time for me to wear my Trinus Gyre headset if I'm gonna - otherwise it'll be in the far future when I'm as comfortable in those houses as in my own.
>>
Okay, I don't know shit about RE except that I kinda liked 4. What are the definitive editions of most of the essential games? My guesses are the PS4 editions of RE1/0 and Gamecube editions of RE2/3/CV? I'd really prefer downloadable editions over discs where possible but depends how much benefit there is.

Also am I missing any games that I ought to include? Tks
>>
File: 1486076538179[1].jpg (421KB, 1326x2260px) Image search: [Google]
1486076538179[1].jpg
421KB, 1326x2260px
>>3786424
Just go with that and don't get sucked into the argument sure to ensue.
>>
>>3786445
Thanks that'll be helpful. Kind of hoping for an argument, just to see some opinions on titles other than RE2 also. Like is RE:DS any good or nah
>>
I really want to get into these games but i cant get past the controls it might be my controller. Ive beaten dino crisis on ps3 but im emulating ps1 on pc while using this controller https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71rQE3slb7L._SX425_.jpg

I just cant accurately manuever in the game
>>
>>3786424
I have all the GameCube Resident Evil games. I know the best version of 2 is on the Dreamcast, but it's nice to have everything on one console.
>>
>>3786170
>legitimately really good
It's shit. Looks like shit, runs like shit, shit enemies, shit bosses, shit story, shit DLC (coming soon!), muh VR shit, muh first person realistic horror experience shit.

>>3786220
Good question. Everything after CV is shit.
>>
>>3786528
Where did the 21st century touch you, Anon? I'm hoping Not A Hero will be a full fledged second scenario just like back in the day.
>>
File: 1486176954469.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486176954469.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>3786563
It might be "redfield" cleaning up everything after the end. Or what i hope it will be is something to do with classic style zombies. The corpse in the water looked like a fucking great zombie
>>
>>3786459
RE1 for PS1 is barebones and has not much
RE1 director's cut has a bit more, including advanced mode which changes the locations of things and makes the game a lot harder
RE1 director's cut dualshock edition is DC but it changes the soundtrack, some changes are either ok or a combination of the best-worst music ever made
the saturn version doesn't have much differences(maybe costumes?) but it does have a weird unique hunter-type enemy only seen in the caves called the Tick
the PC version has SKIPPABLE DOORS, different outfits, and a machine gun unlock for chris/submachine gun unlock for jill
deadly silence has weird co-op/multiplayer/vs modes, a new take on the arrange/advanced mode but not as hard, and also you can touch jill's butt/tits and chris' butt via touch screen

so honestly?

director's cut if you want true difficulty, PC if you want the ability to skip some things, get some cool unlocks, and a little bit of moddability, and deadly silence if you want a bunch of interesting and silly things

the saturn version is incredibly expensive for the amount of content it gives and the original just has nothing

there's also the REmake/REmaster but that's basically a different game
>>
>Doublecrosser!

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>3786482
Being able to accurately manoeuvre in a resident evil game is not really a priority. Well, it kindve is, but to a far lesser extent than most other games.
I would really recommend sticking at it. I hear alot of people complain about this problem, i lent my gf the game but she couldnt bear it due to the tank controls.
Maybe its just something you had to grow up with, and get used to it. Personally, I do not find it a rpoblem in the slightest, and fyi, dino crisis 1 is one of my all time favourite games.

OP HERE.
Was trying to get pharoah to work on wineskin (yes im using mac) but to no avail, so gunna do claire B tonight. Got through leon A in 2:45, which i was pretty happy with. Aiming to kill mr X every step of the way, the only fight im concerned about is the 1st one in the crow hallway.
I was very tempted to play resi 3, but i've done it so many times now, i cant be bothered frankly.
Also, i find nemesis is less about skill, and more about endurance. the resi games arent especially easy to move around in, + u cant see where your oppoentn is due to fixed cam angles half the time. and ive never been able to grasp the dodge mechanics of resi 3. hm, maybe i will play it , but just run from him everytime.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>3786586
>>
>>3787762
So i just figured how to get my ds4 controller on my pc and holy fuck is it much better for manuevering. I think i can finally beat these games now, glad to see dino crisis fans too
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.