[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement screen for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: FCAIGK5GLK0O191.MEDIUM.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FCAIGK5GLK0O191.MEDIUM.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement screen for a GBC?

Preferably somewhere without Ebay pricing
>>
the only replacement screens produced today are for GBA
>>
>>3783005
ebay
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>3783005
Unfortunately, you're probably not going to find a replacement GBC screen, at least not one with the proper pixel count or aspect ratio.

In that case, you have three options:

1. buy a used GBC with a screen that isn't fucked to either use, or swap the screen out. They cost like $10, and you'd likely spend more on a screen anyway.

2. Get a GB Boy Color. It's a GBC clone console with a proper backlit screen, but the aspect ratio is messed up. It's minor but noticeable.

3. Ditch the GBC and either pick up an AGS-101 (backlit Gameboy Advance SP), or pick up the AGB-001 (original model Gameboy Advance) and install an AGS-101 backlit screen for ultimate comfy (pic related).
>>
Sorry for reddit link but since the source is chinese and it's pretty new
there aren't many information sources yet.
I'd wait for other people to receive theirs first though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/comments/5rv7r8/backlit_gbc_screens_developed_and_seemingly_now/
>>
Apparently these newly developed screens have the correct aspect ratio, are backlit and have a higher pixel density and lest ghosting than an ags-101.
At least that's what the seller claims.
>>
>>3786196
>1. buy a used GBC with a screen that isn't fucked to either use, or swap the screen out. They cost like $10, and you'd likely spend more on a screen anyway.

That's what I did now. Seemed reasonable, thank you.

>3. Ditch the GBC and either pick up an AGS-101 (backlit Gameboy Advance SP), or pick up the AGB-001 (original model Gameboy Advance) and install an AGS-101 backlit screen for ultimate comfy (pic related).

Thst was a plan anyway (not the ditching part though), but I hear there are compatibility issues with certain GBA variants and adapter ribbon cables, do you have any useful info about that?

>>3786287
>>3786290

Interesting.
>>
I prefer playing GB and GBC games on an actual GBC screen. GBC games were made with boosted saturation to compensate for the low color depth of the GBC's reflective LCD panel. When you play these games on a GBA, you end up with too much oversaturation my tastes. The SP screens are much better, but still have too much color, especially in the green hues.

These back-lit GBC screens seem like my dream solution.
>>
>>3788145
>I hear there are compatibility issues with certain GBA variants and adapter ribbon cables

There are two AGB-001 models, one with a 40-pin screen connection, and one with a 32-pin.
The unit won't accept the AGS-101 screen without an adapter cable anyway, and cables are available in both variants.
>>
>>3783005
Are you that anon that drilled a hole in their screen a few days ago?
>>
>>3788728
>Are you that anon that drilled a hole in their screen a few days ago?

No, sorry. But I saw that other thread only after I posted my own and think it's a somewhat funny coincidence.
(Also that guy drilled into a DMG screen)
>>
>>3783005
Does anybody know where I can buy a rope to fucking hang myself?
>>
>>3791414
ebay
>>
>>3783005
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/category/by-console-game-boy
>>
>>3792275
But those prices....
>>
>>3794618
Thanks for the shill link, but you can't buy GBC screens here.
>>
>>3783005
>without ebay pricing
You do realize that most resellers look to ebay to set their prices. It's literally market value, as in what the market sets based on supply and demand.
>>
>>3785568
+DMG
>>
>>3796643
link m8
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.